If you are an avid user of Xbox 360 & Xbox One, you must consider getting VPN for Xbox 360 & Xbox One as online security is much needed for playing games as for any other activity online. VPN is considered the most secure tool to access your game servers without any fear of your data or information being compromised in cyberspace by fraudsters or snoopers. Xbox 360 & Xbox One is fabulous gaming consort launched in 2005. Within days of its official launch, it was lapped by customers because of its fantastic features and friendly interface. In fact, Xbox 360 & Xbox One is the second edition and is many ways much improved version of the first one. Though it has been competing against well-established Play Station 3 of Sony, etc but it has not done badly. What is more, Xbox 360 & Xbox One has got numerous interesting features which make it preferred gaming consort. It offers you fantastic facilities like downloading movies, games, music, TV shows, etc. Besides offering great gaming experience, Xbox 360 & Xbox One would also be useful for various other applications as mentioned above.
How VPN For Xbox 360 & Xbox One Is Helpful?
Getting VPN for Xbox 360 & Xbox One is very beneficial as it can be used for many purposes. Moreover, it is very simple to connect it to your VPN account. All that you will be required to do is to ensure that VPN connection is configured on your PC or Xbox. Then, you just have to add Xbox in the network. No matter what you are doing online you get some kind of online protection. Online security is a serious issue you must pay attention to if you spend a good deal of time online. It is naïve of you to think why you would need to get online protection when you deem your data of no value to anyone. It is naivety to think so as the threat to your data and privacy is real.
Getting VPN for Xbox 360 & Xbox One is beneficial as the access to online gaming sites is restricted in many parts of the world. By subscribing a VPN account, you can easily bypass such restrictions to enjoy a fabulous gaming experience. Xbox can also be used for getting streams from sites like Netflix, etc. VPN is useful because it can beat the geo-restrictions and enable you to access these streaming sites. Many of the geo-restricted sites are accessible to residents of particular countries. With the help of VPN, you would be able to enjoy seamless streaming. VPN is able to accomplish this by connecting you to a remote server based in another country through a tunnel. All information passing through the tunnel is encrypted at the starting point and decrypted at the receiving point. It is the most secure way of transferring data through internet. After getting the VPN connection, all your data remain free from being snooped by hackers. There are other options as well for getting online security but they are not as effective as VPN is.
PureVPN – The Best VPN for Xbox 360 & Xbox One
Once you have decided to get a VPN for Xbox 360 & Xbox One connection, it is imperative that you find a VPN provider who is famous for offering superb VPN services and has been in the VPN industry for quite some time. It is important to research a bit about various providers before you actually go on to hire the services of one. Now-a-days, anybody can start running VPN service without having quality infrastructure and technical know-how. And it is not all that difficult to find a quality VPN provider; you need to research a bit on the providers and by using a bit of your diligence, you will land the perfect provider for you.
Pure VPN has become one of the trusted VPN providers over the years by offering the best VPN services. Having got the state of the art VPN technology and excellent infrastructure, we are fully geared to provide high quality internet access to internet through our VPN services. Our live and technical support staff is always alert in sorting out your problems and queries.
How To Setup VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One
You may setup VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One via your laptop, desktop or Wi-Fi. Following are step by step instruction on how to setup VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One.
Setup VPN on Xbox Through Windows
First make sure you have PureVPN software installed and working on your Windows device.
1. First make sure you have PureVPN software installed and working on your Windows device.
2. Connect your Xbox 360 & Xbox One to your computer using a crossover cable.
3. Click the ‘Windows Menu Button’ at the bottom left hand of the screen.
4. From the menu list, click on Control Panel.
5. Once Control Panel window opens, click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
6. Click on ‘Change Adaptor Settings’ on the left hand side of the screen.
7. Right click on the icon titled ‘PureVPN’ and then select the option titled ‘Properties’.
8. Once the properties window is displayed open the tab titled ‘Sharing’.
9. Now, place a check mark on the option titled ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’.
10. Click on the option titled ‘Home Networking Connection’. It will reveal a dropdown menu with your available internet connections, and possibly a connection titled ‘Xbox’. Select Xbox (if it is available) and if it is not available, then click on the connection you want to share with your console.
11. Click “ok.”
12. Now, connect your computer’s PureVPN Windows App to PureVPN’s desired server.
13. On your Xbox 360 & Xbox One controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to go into the menu.
14. Now, go to ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings’.
15. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings’.
15. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select ‘Wired Network’.
16. Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection’.
18. Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!
Setup VPN on Xbox Through MAC
If you are using a Mac desktop or laptop and want to share VPN with your Xbox 360 & Xbox One, please follow the following steps:
1. First make sure you have PureVPN Mac software installed and working on your Mac device.
2. Connect your Xbox 360 & Xbox One to your computer using a crossover cable.
3. Go to System Preferences at the bottom of the home screen and select the option titled ‘Sharing’.
4. On the Sharing page, select the option titled ‘Internet Sharing’.
5. From the dropdown menu titled ‘Share Your Connection From’, select ‘Ethernet’ or ‘AirPort’ or ‘Wireless’ (depending on where you are getting your internet from) to share from the dropdown list.
6. From the dropdown menu titled ‘To Computers Using’, select ‘Ethernet’ to share from the dropdown list.
7. Place a checkmark on the box titled ‘Internet Sharing’ to enable sharing of internet.
8. When the sharing is active, the ‘Internet Sharing’ icon will become green and the status will change to ‘On’.
9. Now, connect your computer’s PureVPN Mac App to PureVPN’s desired server
10. On your Xbox 360 & Xbox One controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to go into the menu.
11. Now, go to ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings’.
12. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings’.
13. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select ‘Wired Network’.
14. Once your Xbox One detects the internet connection, you’re good to go!
Setup VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One through Wi-Fi
To enjoy VPN on your gaming console, you first need to set up PureVPN on your Wireless router. To configure PureVPN on your router, check out our detailed tutorials for a vast variety of routers here:
Once your router is set up to run a VPN connection all that is required is to turn on your Xbox 360 & Xbox One WiFi to connect to the router.
Here is how to do it:
1. On your Xbox 360 & Xbox One controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to go into the menu.
2. Now, go to ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings’.
3. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings’.
4. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select your Wireless Network that the Xbox 360 & Xbox One will automatically detect.
5. Now, enter the WPA key. This key is written on the router, as well.
6. Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection’.
7. Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!
Update August 7 2014
PureVPN now offers SmartDNS service Ad-on. You may also setup SmartDNS by PureVPN on your Xbox 360 & Xbox One by following simple steps.
1. Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
2. Select Network Settings.
3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Configure Network.
5. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
6. Select Manual.
7. Select Primary DNS Server and enter the primary and secondary DNS IPs.
8. Primary: 220.127.116.11, Secondary: 18.104.22.168
9. Select Done
First you need to subscribe for PureVPN Smart DNS service. To subscribe for PureVPN go to Pricing Plan and add Smart DNS Add-on (for $4.99), pay your invoice and you will get your credentials via an email.
Once you got the credentials, go to client area and login with the given credentials. Click on Smart DNS feature and white list your Xbox 360 & Xbox One IP by entering it in the given field on the page. Once your IP is white listed you are good to go.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.