The most anticipated PlayStation yet, the PS5, is finally here! The PS5 comes in two versions, the standard $500 Blu-ray disc edition and the $400 digital edition where you have to buy full-priced games instead of buying them secondhand.
The key specifications here are, of course, that it’s running a new Zen 2-based SoC with much, much faster storage. Not to mention that it’s a better, more advanced storage architecture than any previous console in Sony’s lineup.
The HDMI 2.1 connectivity will support 8K, 4K 120Hz, and HDR. With ray tracing support, you can expect supreme performance. What’s different this time is that the PS5 doesn’t support the previous generation’s PS4 controller.
|CPU||AMD Ryzen “Zen 2”|
|GPU||AMD Radeon RDNA 2-based graphics engine|
|System Memory||GDDR6 16GB 448GB/s Bandwidth|
|SSD||825GB 5.5GB/s Read Bandwidth (Raw)|
|Optical Drive||Ultra HD Blu-ray (66G/100G)|
The PS5 DualSense wireless controller’s new iconic design offers immersive haptic feedback, dynamic adaptive triggers, and a built-in microphone.
With the new PS5 controller, you feel true responsive feedback during your in-game actions as the dual actuators replace the traditional rumble motors.
The adaptive triggers allow you to experience varying levels of force and tension during your gameplay.
The controller comes with an integrated microphone, a 3.5mm headset jack, and a mute button, so you’re in complete control of your voice.
However, the aesthetically designed PS5 controller only works with the new PS5 console. It’s not backward compatible with earlier versions of PlayStation.
Why You Need a VPN for PS5
Here’s the importance of having a PS5 VPN:
Access Restricted Games, TV Shows, and Movies
If you’re a PlayStation fan, you are probably familiar with a PlayStation VPN. Apart from configuring ports and dodging the constant lag, a VPN enables you to access restricted TV shows/movies unavailable in your region via the PlayStation console.
At the same time, if you’re carrying your PlayStation to a location that has strict firewalls, such as a college dorm room, a VPN can conveniently bypass firewalls and limitations put in place by IT administrators.
Most importantly, a PS5 VPN will also protect you from DDoS attacks, something that’s very common during online gameplay.
Online Privacy and Security
When gaming online, browsing, or streaming on your PS5 console, the last thing they need is to worry about being monitored or tracked by surveillance entities or competitors.
A reliable VPN will enable you to securely play your online games, browse, or stream without having to worry about prying eyes as the AES 256-bit encryption standard keeps your digital identity secure.
Does a VPN Slow Down Your Gaming Experience?
In most cases, connecting to a VPN server will improve your internet connection speed, featuring fewer lags and lower ping times.
However, if you connect to a VPN server that’s farther away from your physical location or end up connecting to a server that’s already preoccupied with VPN users, then you might find your internet speed to be slightly slow, meaning more lag.
How to Set Up a PS5 VPN via Router, PC, and MAC
Setting up a PS5 VPN is relatively straightforward. Here’s the process:
Setting up PS5 VPN via a Router
1. Setup PureVPN’s PS5 VPN on your router.
2. On your PS5, select Settings > Network Settings> Set up Internet Connection.
3. Select Wi-Fi and opt for the Easy method.
4. Select your Wireless internet connection, and enter your VPN credentials.
5. Make sure you select Do Not Use a Proxy Server.
6. Accept all settings and you’re done.
Setting up PS5 VPN via a PC
1. Install PureVPN on your PC.
2. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the back of your PC (or laptop) and the other end into the PS5.
3. Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center and select Change Adapter Settings on the left-hand side of the window.
4. Right-click on the icon with the title of your chosen VPN and click Properties.
5. Open the Sharing tab and make sure ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’ is selected.
6. Select Home Networking Connection and select the home internet connection from the drop-down menu that you’d like to share with your PS5.
7. On your PS5, go to Settings > Network Settings > Set up Internet Connection > Use a LAN Cable and select the Easy connection method. This will automatically scan and set up your Ethernet connection.
8. Select “Do Not Use a Proxy Server” when prompted.
9. You can test your internet connection if you want, and if all has gone well, your PS5 should now be connected to the internet via PureVPN.
Setting up PS5 VPN via a Mac
1. Install PureVPN on your Mac.
2. Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the back of your Mac and the other end into the PS5.
3. Go to System Preferences > Sharing and select Internet Sharing from the list on the left-hand side.
4. From the ‘Share your connection from’ drop-down menu, select Wi-Fi.
5. From the ‘To computers using’ list, make sure Ethernet is ticked.
6. Check the box to the left of Internet Sharing on the list to enable the sharing of your internet connection between your Mac and PS5. A green icon will be displayed if successful.
7. Open the PureVPN app on your Mac and connect to your chosen server.
8. On your PS5, go to Settings > Network Settings > Set up Internet Connection > Use a LAN Cable and select the Easy connection method. This will automatically scan and set up your Ethernet connection.
9. Select “Do Not Use a Proxy Server” when prompted.
10. You can test your internet connection if you want, and if all has gone well, your PS5 should now be connected to the internet via PureVPN.
PureVPN’s Gaming VPN
PureVPN offers a self-engineered Gaming VPN that significantly improves your online gaming experience while keeping you safe on the web. Once connected, you can play on any regional server of your choice with PureVPN.
PureVPN is a reliable VPN for gamers that can enhance internet speed and prevent ISP throttling especially when you are playing MMO or RPG games.
Benefits of PureVPN’s Gaming VPN
· Access All Regions
· Port Forwarding [Add-on]
· Complete Entertainment
· DDoS Protection [Add-on]
· Avoid ISP Throttling
· Early Access to New Games
· Customized servers with VPN
· Multi-Login Up to 10 Devices
· Data Protection
Configure PureVPN’s PS5 VPN on your PlayStation 5 console today and amplify your online gaming potential.