Every single year, PureVPN joins forces with Stay Safe Online to create public awareness regarding online threats and how one should stay safe and secure on the internet.
What is National Cyber Security Awareness Month?
This year will mark the 16th annual National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), a collaborative effort to ensure every internet user has the resources required to be safer and more secure online.
Founded and led by the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the National Security Alliance (NCSA), the initiative is observed across the globe annually in October and focuses on spreading awareness about cybersecurity.
How is PureVPN Celebrating NCSAM 2019?
We’re thrilled to announce that PureVPN is yet again participating in NCSAM as a Champion organization. We believe Internet users must have the right knowledge and tools to protect their data and privacy, especially since cyber threats are continually on the rise.
To celebrate the initiative, PureVPN will not only explain the theme of NCSAM 2019 but also share a few relevant resources to equip people with the best possible practices for enhancing their safety and security on the Internet.
NCSAM’s Theme for 2019
Under the comprehensive theme of ‘Own IT. Secure IT. Protect IT.’, the 16th annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) is focused on encouraging personal accountability and proactive behavior in security best practices, digital privacy and draws attention to careers in cybersecurity.
NCSAM 2019 will address the following online safety messages and identify opportunities for behavioral change:
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online: use encryption to secure your digital transactions
- Play Hard To Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser, and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe
Tips to Stay Secure Online
Cybersecurity is at risk, and there’s no doubt that the coming time poses a serious threat to businesses and individuals alike. If you’re looking for ways to go off the internet grid, here’s how you can delete your social footprints:
- How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- How to Delete Your Google Search History
- How to Delete Your Twitter Account
- How to Delete Your Instagram Account
- How to Delete Your Snapchat Account
PureVPN brings you the latest industry developments and hopes to keep you updated regarding privacy-centric events. With NCSAM taking place every October, we hope you’re covered with informative content that’ll help you keep yourself safe from the ever-growing threats that lurk on the Internet.
Wishing you a happy National Cyber Security Awareness Month from the team here at PureVPN!