How To Close Amazon Account
With more than 300 million users, Amazon is the go-to place for many people to shop online. After all, it offers the biggest selection of just about everything from books and electronics to apparel and what not.
However, if you no longer use Amazon to satisfy your shopping needs, deleting your account is a good idea because it contains sensitive information that you wouldn’t want cybercriminals to gain access to!
Can’t figure out how to delete your Amazon account, though? Well, you aren’t the only one! The online retail giant makes it as difficult as possible to get rid of your account, but now you can finally work your way around it.
However, you need to browse anonymously and securely whenever you’re shopping online. So Experience PureVPN premium features and secure yourself now.
- What You Need to Know About Closing Your Amazon Account
- How to Delete Your Amazon Account
- Do More to Stay Anonymous and Private Online
When you interact with Amazon’s products and services, you supply them with the following pieces of information:
- Your name, phone number, and physical address
- Photograph and personal description on your profile
- Payment details
- Delivery information of people to whom orders have been sent out or people listed in Amazon’s 1-Click settings (including phone numbers and physical addresses)
- Your Alexa voice recordings
This information is used by Amazon to show ads, send emails, and personalize its offerings based on your interests.
What You Need to Know Before Closing Your Amazon Account?
Before you proceed with deleting your Amazon account, it’s important to understand what will happen when you do:
- You won’t be able to access your accounts on Amazon-owned sites like IMDb and country-specific domains like Amazon.de.
- You won’t be able to re-download music, Kindle eBooks, digital software, Amazon videos, games, and other digital content you own.
- You won’t be able to use your Amazon gift card balance or any vouchers.
- You won’t be able to return items purchased from your account for a replacement or refund.
- Your photos, reviews, and discussion posts will be erased.
- Your account’s purchase history will be removed.
Make sure to check the aforementioned points to ascertain if there are measures that you need to take before deleting your Amazon account.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account?
Now, are you ready to permanently delete your Amazon account? Follow these steps to do it the right way:
- Visit amazon.com and log in using your username and password.
- Go to Accounts and Lists and click Your Orders from the drop-down menu.
- Click Open Orders to see what’s currently being processed for your account. If there are any pending orders, you’ll either have to cancel them or wait for them to be completed before you delete your Amazon account.
- Since there’s no option available for users to close their accounts themselves, you’ll need to contact Amazon’s customer support team. So, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Help.
- Click Need More Help? and select the Contact Us option from the side bar.
- In the “What can we help you with” section, click Prime or Something Else.
- In the “Tell us more about your issue” section, click Account settings for the first drop down menu, and then Close My account for the second drop down menu.
- In the “How would you like to contact us?” section, click E-mail as it’s the fastest method. Here, you’ll have to provide the customer support staff with a reason for closing your Amazon account.
- Lastly, follow the instructions emailed to you by Amazon to verify you actually want to delete your Amazon account.
Do More to Stay Anonymous and Private Online!
If you want to take your privacy and anonymity to the next level, the following are some measures that you should take:
- Use PureVPN Even though you can limit the amount of data Facebook and Google know about you, ISPs can still see everything you do online and share that information with corporations and governments. To enjoy complete privacy online, you need to equip yourself with a VPN service like PureVPN.
- Limit App Permissions As we’ve seen in headlines over and over again, some apps misuse and even sell your personal data! To keep that from happening, it’s advised that you regularly check and limit your app permissions.
- Install-Privacy Focused Extensions By using browser extensions that focus on privacy, you can make it harder for interested third-parties to get their hands on your data. For example, HTTPS Everywhere keeps your personal information secure on websites, and DuckDuckGo allows you to search privately.
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete my account of Skype
- How to delete zoom account
- How to delete youtube video
- How to delete discord account
- How to Remove Gmail Account from Your Smart Device
- How to Delete Your Google Search History Permanently
- How to Stop Someone from Spying On Your Cell Phone
- How to Permanently Delete Your Yahoo Account
- How to Delete Google Photos
- How to Protect Your Webcam from Being Hacked
- Delete Firefox Search Browsing History
- How to Hide Browser History from ISP
- How to Wipe A Phone
- How to Spoof your Location
- How to Delete Your Google Voice History
- How to Delete Safari on Mac or iOS
- How to Delete Pokémon Go Account Permanently
- How to Uninstall Dropbox from Your Desktop or Mobile