How to Get Netflix for Firestick
Netflix can be easily downloaded and installed on Amazon Firestick as the app is officially available on the Amazon app store. Most Firestick devices support Netflix by default; however, some older models may require you to put in some legwork to install it. Down below, we have outlined two separate methods to install Netflix on Firestick directly or by sideloading. You can opt for either of them as per your need.
Method 1: Install Netflix Directly from Amazon App Store
If you’re a newer Firestick model that has Netflix available on the app store by default, follow the steps below to download and install it directly.
- Plug in your Firestick device to turn it on and go to the home screen
- Click on the ‘search’ icon, type ‘Netflix’ in the search bar and click ‘Ok'.
- Open ‘Netflix; app from the search results that pop up
- Click on the ‘Free’ or ‘Download’ button on available on the screen bottom-left
- Wait for Netflix app to be downloaded and installed. Once done, click ‘Sign in’ to launch the app
- Now enter your Netflix credentials (email address and password)
- Now you can stream Netflix on your Firestick device
Method 2: Install Netflix on Firestick via Sideloading
In case the process above fails and you’re unable to find Netflix on the Amazon app store, follow the steps below to install it using the downloader.
Since Firestick doesn’t allow you to install any unofficial apps by default, you need to follow the prerequisite steps below.
- Launch Firestick device, open ‘settings’, then open ‘device’ under ‘My Fire TV’, and then click on ‘developer’
- Enable ‘ADB debugging’ and ‘Apps from unknown sources’ options
- From Firestick home screen, click on the ‘search’ icon , type ‘Downloaderx’ in the search bar and click ‘Ok’
- Open the ‘Downloader’ app from the search results to open it
- On the app screen, click the ‘download’ button and ‘Downloader’ will begin to download and install on Firestick
- Once the installation finishes, click ‘Open’ to launch Downloader app
- You’ll find an address bar on the screen’s top. Enter Netflix app’s URL into the address bar and click ‘Go’ to download Netflix APK on Firestick
- Now the Netflix APK will be downloaded on your Firestick device once the server connects. Click ‘Next’ once connection is made
- Now click ‘Install’
- Now Netflix app will be available to use on your Firestick device
Netflix is one of the must-have apps for Firestick users. However, if you’re based outside of the US, you may find that a huge chunk of your favorite content is restricted due to your location. All Netflix libraries have enough content to satisfy your entertainment needs; however, if you still feel the need to get your hands on the most desirable library of all, you may resort to Netflix VPN.