How to Watch Sky Sports on Fire Stick
Below is a complete guide on how you can easily watch Sky Sports on your Fire Stick. The only caveat is that Sky Sports works only in the UK. If you are not in the UK right now, follow the steps below:
- Download and install PureVPN.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Get easy access to Sky Sports from anywhere.
People around the world are cutting cords and resorting to cable-free online streaming options. There are many different streaming devices and hardware available in the market at varying prices and specs.
Sports fans are also cutting cords and switching to online sports streaming services such as Sky Sports. If you are a sports fan and want to stream your favorite sports on Amazon FireStick, this article will help you get all set up easily.
What’s So Good about Sky Sports?
Sky Sports is one of the most reputed sports streaming networks in Europe and the US. It shows sports matches and tournaments throughout the year for diverse sports categories such as cricket, football, rugby, motorsports, golf, darts, boxing, and many others.
Sky Sports is not your regular streaming service that will provide fine quality streaming content. In fact, it is a high-quality service that offers amazing viewing options to users such as watching in 4K, UHD, and even in 3D, for restricted content.
FireStick – A Very Popular Streaming Device
Lately, the streaming market has been flooded with new streaming hardware and devices, each of them offering different capabilities and functionalities. FireStick is a streaming stick that can be plugged into the HDMI port of your normal TV. Once plugged in, your TV will become a smart device, allowing you to access online content on Amazon Prime Video as well as Netflix and Sky Sports.
Once you have downloaded and installed your streaming app on FireStick, just launch the app and start streaming your favorite content. The FireStick offers users 1GB of memory and 8GB of storage. It is an entry-level option but is an amazing fit for all your streaming needs.
Sky Sports has limited availability in most regions
In the early days, Sky Sports was only available in the UK. Over the years, the sports streaming service has expanded its reach to many European countries such as Ireland, Sweden, Spain, France, Portugal, Germany, and of course, the US. If you are present in a region where Sky Sports is not available for streaming, you will always face limitations and online blocks every time you try to access the service.
To access Sky Sports from anywhere in the world, just change your virtual location to a region where Sky Sports is available, such as the US or UK. Once you have changed your virtual location, you will be able to access Sky Sports instantly. The safest and the most effective way to change your virtual location to any region of your preference is by connecting to a premium streaming VPN such as PureVPN.
How to Watch Sky Sports on FireStick
As already mentioned, Sky Sports is only available in a few countries. Outside these four countries, you won’t be able to access the sports streaming network due to regional limitations. To access Sky Sports instantly on streaming hardware of your choice such as FireStick, you need a premium streaming VPN such as PureVPN. With PureVPN connected on your Amazon FireStick, you can instantly change your location to the US or UK. This allows you to evade all the regional limitations and restrictions instantly and lets you access Sky Sports from anywhere in the world with absolute convenience.
Here is how you can access Sky Sports on Amazon FireStick with PureVPN in just a few steps.
- Sign up for PureVPN
- Get PureVPN for FireStick
- Log in with your username and password
- Connect to a UK server
- Access Sky Sports via browser or app
How to Watch Sky Sports on Fire Stick for Free
There is an easy way to watch live sports for free if you know how to play your cards right. However, there is a big risk to accessing free live sports on Sky Sports and other premium channels. Above all, you have to use a VPN service to protect your identity and access sports channels without any issues. Find out below how to do it:
- Mobdro provides fast access to many sports channels, live sporting events, and on-demand entertainment for free. Most importantly, you have to use a VPN to access the Mobdro app and enjoy Sky Sports for free on Fire Stick.
- Kodi offers a wide range of channels and free sports add-ons. In addition, you might run into streaming restrictions on Kodi when you are trying to access Kodi sports add-ons. Therefore, always use a VPN to stay safe and stream your favorite sports on Fire Stick.
Watch Sky Sports on Fire Stick via Now TV
You can watch Sky Sports on NOW TV if you don’t have access to Sky. Moreover, you can get a NOW TV pass for £14.99/month and stream Premier League, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Main Event, and Cricket. In conclusion, you can easily get a new NOW TV account to live sports streaming on iOS and Android.
Watch Sky Sports on Fire Stick via Sky GO
The Sky Go app is available on Android and iOS devices. Most importantly, you can even cast the Sky Go app on your Fire Stick device without any trouble. Secondly, all you have to do is visit the top section on your Fire TV menu, search for AllCast for Fire TV, visit Apps & Games, and use Sky Go.
How to Watch Premier League on Fire Stick
Fan of the English Premier League, huh? You can enjoy EPL fixtures live online on Fire Stick via Amazon Prime Video. However, Prime Video can only offer 20 Premier League fixtures of the 2021/2022 season. To sum up, you have to log in to your Amazon account and watch English Premier League on FireStick every weekend.
UK Sports Channels
Some of the best UK sports channels that you can watch on Fire Stick are as follows:
- Sky Sports is a premium sports channel available in the United Kingdom. Above all, you can watch tons of live sports on the channel, including football leagues, video highlights, and interviews. Put simply, you can access Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League, Formula 1, Sky Sports Action, Racing, and more.
- BT Sport is another British streaming service and sports channel. That is to say, you can watch Premier League fixtures, FA Cup, Champions League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, and Europa League. Moreover, MotorSports, Boxing, and MMA events are available to stream on BT Sport.
- Racing TV brings you a live telecast of every racing event happening in the UK and Ireland. Secondly, tons of programming are available on Racing TV, including Racing Replay, Luck on Sunday, and My Racing Life.
- BBC iPlayer is a UK streaming service where you can watch live sports and on-demand entertainment. Above all, you can get BBC iPlayer on Fire Stick or any other streaming device.
Fire Stick Apps
Besides Sky Sports, many other FireStick apps are offering the best content online:
- Sling TV offers many live channels to its monthly subscribers. In other words, you can watch FOX Sports, Paramount, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, soccer, NFL network, TNT, NBA, football, and tennis.
- Pluto TV is a relatively new streaming service but offers a lot of content for free. Above all, you can watch live sports, classic games, the latest news, and match analysis. In conclusion, if you want to cut the cord, get Pluto TV for free and entertain your brain.
- Plex TV provides live sport, TV shows, and movies online for free. In other words, you can get the Plex TV app on your device and enjoy Live TV from anywhere.
Try the Best VPN for Sky Sports
PureVPN is the best streaming VPN that has been optimized for streaming services, like Sky Sports. Moreover, you can stream live sports in a completely safe and secure way. Secondly, a VPN allows you to access region-locked content and streaming services. Thirdly, you can get rid of buffering and ISp throttling when streaming live sports matches. Thanks to the thousands of streaming optimized servers, PureVPN users enjoy unlimited bandwidth and a buffer-free streaming experience.
People Also Ask
Can you get Sky Sports on Amazon Fire Stick?
Yes. If you don’t know how to download and install Sky Sports on Fire Stick, you can easily watch Sky content. Secondly, you can follow our guide above and get Sky Sports in an instant. Moreover, don’t forget to use a VPN to get around regional restrictions and watch Sky Sports on Fire Stick.
How do I get Sky Sports on my Amazon Fire Stick 2019?
All you have to do is visit the Settings app > Developer options > enable Unknown Sources > search and install the downloader app. To sum up, you can get Sky GO on Fire Stick just like you get other Fire TV apps.
How much does Sky Go cost?
If you are an existing Sky subscriber, you can watch Sky for free on FireStick without paying a single dime. Otherwise, you have to pay £18/month to get Sky Sports and watch live sports every day.
What channels can I watch on Fire Stick via Sky Go?
You can enjoy up to 80 seasons and multiple channels on Sky GO. However, some channels might be premium and require a paid subscription.