Best Facebook Messenger VPN: Easily Access It Anywhere in 2021
Facebook Messenger is blocked in some countries like China, Turkey, and Russia. Switch your IP address and location to any country where Messenger is available, and gain access to it in a matter of seconds with PureVPN.
- How Does a VPN Unlock Messenger?
- Reasons You Need a VPN for Messenger
- PureVPN – The Best VPN for Messenger
- How to Access Messenger Using a VPN?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps across the globe, with more than a billion monthly active users. It makes communicating with your friends and family a breeze through free texting as well as voice and video calling. Not only this, but also you can easily share photos, videos, stickers, and GIFs.
However, Messenger can’t be accessed from everywhere. Some authoritarian countries have banned it altogether. Many employers and educational institutions also restrict access to the messaging app on their Wi-Fi network. If you want to unlock it, you’ll need to use a VPN for Messenger. Read on to learn more:
How Does a VPN Unlock Messenger?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a tool that does two main things. Firstly, it enables you to pretend to be in another country so that you can get around blocks. Secondly, it adds a layer of protection to all your traffic, which prevents anyone from knowing what you’re doing online. As such, you’re able to access Messenger from anywhere without raising any red flags!
Reasons You Need a VPN for Messenger
With that out of the way, let’s take a look at why you should consider using a Messenger VPN
1. To Bypass Online Censorship
If you’re traveling to or living in countries such as Iran, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Russia, United Arab Emirates, and China, you won’t be able to chat on Messenger. After all, they have some of the strictest Internet censorship laws in place.
That doesn’t mean you have to make do without Messenger, though. With the help of a VPN, you can instantly obtain an IP address of another region with no censorship and gain access to it, regardless of your real location.
2. To Dodge Network Restrictions
The chances are that Messenger is unavailable on your school or work network. Most educational institutions and employers believe it can distract pupils and employees from doing work, which is they block Messenger and other such messaging apps.
Fortunately, a VPN gives you the ability to access Messenger even when your local network administrator restricts it. It spoofs your location so that you no longer appear to be in your school or workplace. The result? The Wi-Fi limitations won’t apply to you anymore!
PureVPN – The Best VPN for Messenger
If you’re looking for a trusted VPN to use with Messenger, PureVPN has got your back. Here are a few factors that make us the best VPN option for this purpose:
- Global Server Network: With a massive network of 6,500+ VPN servers and 300,000+ IPs in 96+ locations at your disposal, rest assured that you won’t face any issues in finding one to unlock Messenger.
- No Connection or Activity Logs: Using a VPN means trusting the provider with your data. Our no-logs claims are verified by an independent auditor – we can’t share any data simply because we don’t have any.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Since you’re going to use Messenger on your mobile phone, it’s imperative to choose a VPN provider with apps for both iOS and Android, such as yours truly, PureVPN!
- Security & Privacy Features: You wouldn’t want anyone to find out that you’re accessing Messenger. PureVPN uses Internet kill switch, DNS leak protection, and AES 256-bit encryption to safeguard your data and identity.
- Fast Speeds: When you connect to a VPN, it impacts your Internet speed to some degree. To combat this and provide you with blazing-fast speeds, our servers are constantly optimized by in-house professionals.
Are you still unsure if PureVPN is for you? Fret not! All our plans are backed by a 31-day money-back guarantee so that you can try out our service risk-free.
How to Access Messenger Using a VPN?
To access Messenger securely and privately from anywhere in seconds, just follow these simple steps mentioned below:
- Subscribe to a PureVPN plan that works for you.
- Download and install your preferred app.
- Select OpenVPN as your VPN protocol
- Activate Internet Kill Switch and DNS Leak Protection.
- Choose a VPN server in any country where Messenger is accessible.
- Open Facebook Messenger and connect with your loved ones!
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some commonly asked questions about Messenger and VPNs:
How Do I Use VPN on Messenger?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, and 3, really. All you have to do is download a reliable VPN service such as PureVPN on your preferred device, connect to any server location where Messenger is available, and you’re good to go!
Can You Use a VPN on Facebook?
Absolutely, you can use a VPN to access Facebook from anywhere in the world. If you’re traveling to a country where the social media platform is blocked, we advise signing up to PureVPN before you head out.
Is FB Messenger Blocked in UAE?
Partially! While you’ll be able to use Messenger for texting, it’s the calling capabilities that you won’t be able to take advantage of. However, you can get around these restrictions and make voice/video calls using a VPN.
Should I Use a Free VPN for Messenger?
You may be tempted to use a free VPN to access Messenger, but that’s far from a good idea. These “free” services are infamous for collecting and selling your data to third-parties for a profit. Additionally, most of them offer poor encryption and a handful of server locations. If you want to reap all the benefits of a VPN, you’re better of using paid options.
Wrapping Things Up
And that’s about it! A VPN is all that you need to enjoy unrestricted access to Messenger from anywhere in the world.