After a brilliant and controversial win over Conor McGregor, Khabib Nurmagomedov’s (record 27-0-0) has challenged the great boxing champion Mayweather (50-0-0) saying “in the jungle there is only one king”.
Floyd Mayweather has accepted Khabib Nurmagomedov’s challenge saying “Let’s make Las Vegas great again”. He further told to the boxing media, including Showtime, CBS and MGM Grand, to get their checkbook out, as it will be a big fight and a lot of money will be flowing.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) October 15, 2018
However, Khabib has told Mayweather that he will not fight him in Las Vegas as they haven’t paid him for his recent fight with McGregor. Nevada State Athletic Comission has withheld the $2 million purse due to the post fight brawl. UFC is currently investigating the case, and has put a lifetime ban on Khabib’s teammate Zubaira Tukhugov, who was actively involved in the brawl. Tukhugov jumped into the cage and attacked McGregor. If you missed it, below is the footage.
This will not be the first time that a UFC fighter and professional boxer will come face to face. Last year Mayweather defeated McGregor by Technical Knock Out in 10th round of the Money Fight.
On the other hand, many experts, such as MMA as well as boxing enthusiast, don’t want this fight to take place at all. Everyone thinks that its a fantasy matchmaking and is just an entertainment and money minting opportunity for media outlets and organizers.
Last year, fans expressed similar views for the Money Fight, saying that if the results were different for Mayweather in UFC ring for MMA fight, he could have been brutally killed.
However, it is still expected that the fight can take place somewhere in 2nd or 3rd quarter of the next year.