We do NOT keep any logs that can identify or help in monitoring a user’s activity.
You are Invisible – Even We Cannot See What You Do Online
We DO NOT keep any record of your browsing activities, connection logs, records of the VPN IPs assigned to you, your original IPs, your connection time, the history of your browsing, the sites you visited, your outgoing traffic, the content or data you accessed, or the DNS queries generated by you.
We want you to have the surety of knowing that we collect minimal data, the sole purpose of which is to operate our VPN and Proxy service and keep it running smoothly. Our systems, processes, and servers are designed to not keep any sensitive/personally identifiable data. This is done by design to ensure that we have NO data to share, even when required by law to do so.
We do not just claim it, but we have proved it by having our systems and configurations audited by a leading US-based independent auditor, Altius IT. The auditor has certified that it:
“Did not find any evidence of system configurations and/or system/service log files that independently, or collectively, could lead to identifying a specific person and/or the person’s activity when using the PureVPN service.”
Similarly, in the latest audit, KPMG concluded: “It is apparent that PureVPN puts a strong emphasis on the privacy of customers.” What’s more, we’re the only no-log VPN on the market with an always-on audited policy. This allows one of the world’s big four audit firms, KPMG, to audit us at anytime without prior notice.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect at Signup
- What We Don’t Know, What We Know & What We Keep
- Information Included in VPN Connection Logs
- Details NOT Included In VPN Connection Logs
- Total Bandwidth Consumed
- Standalone DNS Service – Gravity
- URL Filter & App Blocker by PureVPN
- Software Analytics, Stats & Diagnostics
- Data from Emails, Live Chats, and Feedback Forms
- International Data Transfers
- Security Measures to Protect Your Information
- Data Retention Policy & Your Data Protection Rights
- Applicable Laws
- Cookies and PureVPN
- PureVPN and Third-Party Websites
- Consent and Age Restrictions
- Legal Basis
- Important Note
- Contact information
Information We Collect at Signup
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Payment Method
How We Use This Information
- To provide, operate, and maintain our Services
- To improve, personalize, and expand our Services
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- To process your transactions
- To find and prevent fraud
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights
PureVPN and Data Associated With Payments
Since we are huge believers in anonymity, we have included Coin Payments and Gift Cards – 100% anonymous payment methods – in the list of payment methods accepted by us.
PureVPN does not share, sell or rent your personal information with anyone apart from using your information to provide products or services you’ve requested for.
What We Don’t Know, What We Know & What We Keep
We have no logs or records of:
- Your origin IP address
- Assigned VPN server IP address
- VPN session timestamp
- Your browsing activities
- DNS requests
In a nutshell:
- We don’t know what you access, browse, upload or download with our service.
- We are unable to identify at what time you connected to the VPN, with which IP address and which VPN IP was assigned to you.
- Even if we are compelled to share user information, we simply cannot because we have nothing personally identifiable to share.
Information Included in VPN Connection Logs
We know the day you connected to a specific VPN location and from which Internet Service Provider. This bare minimum set of data is required to help you with technical assistance, solving connecting problems, and overcoming region-specific problems.
We also know the connection length and how many connections you make when you use our VPN service, without connection timestamps, with the sole purpose of categorizing your profile as Power, Core or Casual user. This categorization helps our Product teams improve and cater to the needs of various user groups as per their preferences.
Details NOT Included In VPN Connection Logs:
- Your origin IP
- Your VPN IP
- The specific time when you connected to our server
- Your activities after connecting to our server
Note: Only in case you’ve purchase our Dedicated IP Addon, a fixed, dedicated IP (VPN IP) is assigned to you. For the duration of your subscription that remains your VPN IP in our records
Total Bandwidth Consumed
Every paid PureVPN user gets access to unlimited bandwidth, irrespective of how that bandwidth is used. We keep track of the total bandwidth consumed by you to make sure every PureVPN user gets the same highest level of speed and experience with PureVPN. If we suspect abuse of our service by any user where the user is found consuming an unnatural amount of bandwidth and disrupting the service for other users, then we reserve the right to contact that user and ask them to explain their conduct.
Software Analytics, Stats
‘PureVPN collects minimal connection statistics and reports. The collection is done to ensure superior quality of service and customer support. However, the data collected as statistics and reports does not and will never include uniquely identifiable user data or behavior, such as traffic details, IP addresses, and DNS requests.
We conduct VPN diagnostics and monitor crash reports to better understand the functionality of our software, how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, failed connection attempts, and provision of uncapped speed to ensure smooth functioning of our apps, extensions, and other client software.
We employ a few tools in our client software for this purpose, the details of which are:
Google Analytics – Please visit Google’s Terms here.
To ensure compatibility with our terms and conditions, its the responsibility of the customers to keep their apps updated at all times. To facilitate that, we’ve simplified the upgrade process and do our best to notify the users about upgrades whenever possible.
Data from Emails, Live Chats, and Feedback Forms
It is necessary for us to keep the record of your correspondence with us to ensure smooth delivery of service and superior customer service. So, we keep a record of your correspondence with us, whether they are questions, complaints, or compliments submitted by you via our apps, website, or extensions.
We use various third-party platforms for support and correspondence: Zendesk for support tickets, LiveChat inc. to provide support via chat, Mailchimp, and SendGrid for emails, and MixPanel to maintain a relationship with our users. When you correspond with us using these platforms, your correspondence records, including your name and email address, are stored in their systems. All these platforms utilize modern security practices and HTTPS encryption.
International Data Transfers
Our service is spread globally, and as such, your data travels through our global servers, which might not or might be outside of your country of residence. We rely on some third-party service providers to enable us to provide you our services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it. We have strict data protection agreements in place with third parties to protect the data that we might share with them.
You acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored as explained, as it is necessary to provide our services and live up to our Terms of Service.
Security Measures to Protect Your Information
All PII, public and private keys and passwords are secured securely using strong cryptographic algorithms where necessary.
Appropriate security measures are taken for the protection of this information against unauthorized access, unauthorized alteration, destruction or disclosure of data. Access to personal information by PureVPN employees, contractors and agents is restricted. These officials require that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services but are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subjected to disciplinary action, which includes termination and criminal prosecution, upon failing to meet these obligations.
Please understand that we have taken even precautionary measure to ensure that your data remains protected, but there exists no system that can be declared 100% foolproof, protected and secure.
Data Retention Policy & Your Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You can always access, correct and update the information you provided to us, within your member’s area profile.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time from within your member’s area profile. You can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send to you.
- You may also request deletion of your personal user profile, if you decide to leave our services completely. You can do so at any time by sending an email at [email protected]. If you request the deletion of your profile, it may take up to a month (30 days) to complete. Your email address will be kept and used to avoid account duplication and creation of fake accounts in your name. Your email address will be deleted only after we receive an explicit request from you to do so.
PureVPN specifically chose British Virgin Islands for its headquarter because there are “No Mandatory Data Retention Laws” in British Virgin Islands. We are, therefore, not legally obliged to store user data and share it with anyone. Moreover, as stated above, we have no worthwhile data to share with any law enforcement agency from any particular country in the world. Even if and when we receive subpoenas that are legally upheld in the court of law in British Virgin Islands, we won’t be of much help since we have almost nothing of value to share.
Cookies and PureVPN
PureVPN and Third-Party Websites
PureVPN’s website might contain links to other third-party websites. Please know and understand that we do not control how they operate their privacy practices and we take no responsibility for them.
Consent and Age Restrictions
The service provided by PureVPN is intended for people 18 years or older. If you think that your child has provided any information to use, then contact us immediately.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information depends on:
- The personal information concerned
- The specific context in which we collect it.
The only time we collect personal information from you is (i) when we need the personal information to enter into a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and does not violate your rights.
* These features are neither offered via our iOS apps nor is this information collected via iOS apps
Last updated on September 14, 2021