Everyone knows what Kodi is and how “handy” it comes when you want to stream anything at all. Formerly known as XBMC, it is a powerful and easy-to-use media center, which is preferred by many sports lovers across the globe and for a good reason!
The open-source software makes it very easy to watch your favorite sports online without any hurdles. Read on, to keep yourself updated with the latest and best Kodi live sports add-ons to ensure you don’t miss out on any upcoming games.
Whether you want to watch NFL or English Premier League (or any other sports for that matter), there are still plenty of options available to watch live sports on Kodi.
14 Best Live Sports Kodi Add-ons
Now that you understand how to watch live sports on Kodi, let’s take a look at the 14 best Kodi add-ons for live sports:
1. NetStream Sports Hub
The Stream Army repo, which has been known for releasing some of the best sports add-ons is now out with a new update for its previously launched sports video add-on. NetStreams Sports Hub makes it possible to have access to everything related to sports in one place.
The add-on gives the ease of pre-categorized sports sections, some of which are Cricket, Soccer, Basketball, Football, & boxing. The recent update has added tons of new sections and channels, making it one of the most demanded sports add-ons for Kodi.
- Where to Find This Addon? Visit the link: http://streamarmy.co.uk/repo/to download the NetStreams Sports Hub add-on.
This add-on was primarily recommended for streamers who use Kodi on their Firestick. However, with the passage of time, the developers have hooked it up with a few patches and bugfixes, allowing it to function smoothly on other devices too, such as Android TV.
- Where to Find This Addon? – The official Kodi repository or you can download from here “http://streamarmy.co.uk/repo/”
3. Atom Reborn
If you are a believer in quantity, you would be amazed to see the massive content library that is available on Atom video add-on for Kodi. new movie releases, live sports, TV shows, documentaries, music, and a dedicated section for kids too, streamers love this addon for offering everything that it promises.
Previously known as Atom, this add-on was banned in a few regions, which caused streamers some difficulty in accessing the content they wanted to. Since then, it has been updated and now works fine once again.
- Where to Find This Addon? – You can get this addon from >>http://vectordroid.com/repo/
4. Pro Sport
If you don’t like a lot of menus and options, then Pro Sport is the add-on for you. It has a user-friendly section that makes it easier to view which games are currently available for you to stream. There’s also an archive for replays in case you miss any games or couldn’t find any working streams.
It’s worth noting that Pro Sport requires you to add subreddits yourself, so it might take some time getting used to especially if you are not an active Reddit user.
- Where to Find This Addon? Download Kodil (Kodi Israel) , for the Pro Sport add-on.
5. iPlayer WWW
The add-on provides users with easy access to BBC iPlayer’s content and its well-developed live sports section. Though a majority of the content is UK sports, the iPlayer WWW add-on also features high-quality streams of sports events from other countries.
For instance, the BBC live broadcasts the Super Bowl every year, including other major sporting events in the US. If you are living outside the UK, you won’t be able to access this content due to regional restrictions. However, you can bypass these digital roadblocks at the click of a button with a VPN
- Where to Find This Addon? – The official Kodi repository.
6. Goodfellas 2.0
This is one of the best sports add-ons you will come across, as it offers tons of live sports streams that have been separated into different sections for your convenience. You will see options for NHL, MLB, UFC, NBA TV on Kodi, apart from all the other great sports you can think of.
But there is one major drawback of using this add-on: buffering issues. Yes, you may have to face a significant amount of freezing and buffering with some streams, so make sure you choose the right stream for the match you want to watch.
- Where to Find This Addon? To install Goodfellas on Kodi, go to this repository: Goodfellasteam.
7. FilmOn Simple
If you are looking for live streams of extreme (and even unusual) sports, FilmOn Simple is just the add-on you need. The available streaming options here are often difficult to find with most other Kodi sports add-ons.
You will find a large selection of streams for extreme sports, including water sports, kickboxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts (MMA), snowmobiling, and more. There are also some sports bloopers if you find them entertaining.
- Where to Find This Addon? – For the FilmOn Simple add-on, download this repository http://srp.nu/
8. cCloud TV
One of the best live TV Kodi add-ons out there, cCloud TV offers a massive section for live sports. It covers sporting events from countries across the world, including the US, Russia, the Middle East, France, among others.
While most of the streams work fine, you may encounter a few issues with American streams from time to time. This is because most American paid sports channels and OTA channels block streams rather aggressively.
- Where to Find This Addon? – For the cCloud TV add-on, directly download the cCloud TV zip file from GitHub. Or, download this repository: http://srp.nu/
9. NBC Sports Live Extra
NBC Sports is one of the best sports tv channels across the United States of America. With NBC Sports Kodi Add-on you can watch UK Football, Soccer, tennis events, MotorSports, golf, horse derby, and much more exciting sports. NBC is also an official broadcasting partner with popular English Premier League, and, it telecast all the matches for the US citizens.
NBC Sports Live Extra is certainly among the best Sports Add-on on Kodi and can be accessed from anywhere in the world with PureVPN.
- Where to Find This Addon? Official Kodi Repository
10. Rising Tides Add-on
This add-on offers several sections for watching live sports. There’s a section available for live soccer matches, as well as soccer highlights. You will also find a section with subsections for 15 different genres of sports, which includes some rare options like horse racing and darts.
Sadly, some sections such as the NFL section or boxing section do not have a lot of content, but this is expected to change as major events take place in the future. Your best bet is to browse the Sports Channel section, as it has more than 200 live sports options available.
- Where to Find This Addon? – For the Rising Tides add-on, download this repository: Cypherlocker.
11. Joker Sports
Joker Sports Kodi addon is a new addon published by the MaverickTV Repo. It is a new haven for all the sports lovers who use Kodi to stay updated and entertained with the latest happenings in the sports world. The addon provides streaming options for live sports, as well as dedicated sections for BT Sport, Sky Sports and others.
- Where to Find This Addon? – Visit MaverickTV Repository to download this addon.
Another great addon produced and published by the Cosmic Saints Repository. Apart from providing live streaming options for all the sports, it also has movies and TV shows as well as a dedicated section for kids. Moreover, it also has dedicated sections for live TV list, music, Trakt TV, as well as adult movies.
- Where to Find This Addon? – To download this addon, visit the Cosmic Saints Repository
13. Sports World
This add-on is much more than only live football matches. It is a place where you can find hundreds of different types of sports, like the NFL matches. The UI is neat and gives importance to football, placing it on the top. All league matches can be viewed from the menu options, or you can just select your desired channel and watch your favorite match live online.
- Where to Find This Addon? – You can get the repository for this add-on from http://kdil.co/repo/
14. Halow Live TV
This Kodi TV addon has grown, both in terms of popularity as well as in terms of the wide variety of content it offers. It has become one of the best add-ons to stream live soccer matches as well as many other live sports matches such as Boxing and UFC etc, all made possible with its expansive library of channels.
- Where to Find This Addon? – Hallow TV repository link >> http://repository.HalowTV-3.1.1.zip
How to Install Kodi Live Sports Add-ons?
Listed below are the steps you will have to follow when installing any of the Kodi live sports add-ons we have discussed later on:
- Download the Repository of the Kodi add-on.
- Launch Kodi and click the Gear Icon to access the Settings.
- Click File Manager, and then choose Add Source.
- Replace ‘None’ with the repository URL of your choice.
- Once you have typed a name for the repository, click Ok.
- From the home screen, click Add-ons.
- Click the Package Symbol to continue with the installation.
- Click Install from Zip File, and then select the repository name you entered in step 4.
- Click on the repository zip file to install the add-on.
- Return to the Add-ons screen and click Install from the Repository.
- Go to Video Add-ons and find the repository you installed.
- Select the Kodi add-on you want and click Install.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Kodi?
Besides the incomparable security and anonymity that it has to offer, a virtual private network (VPN) is necessary to unlock the world of Kodi add-ons.
Why? Because while there are hundreds of Kodi addons for live sports, you may be unable to use them due to location-based restrictions.
By using a Kodi VPN, not only can you keep your streaming activities private but also access all the Kodi sports add-ons you want from anywhere.
Follow the steps mentioned in this in-depth guide, equip yourself with PureVPN, and live stream your favorite sports on Kodi with complete peace of mind!