Before moving to delete your slack profile, there are certain things that need to be considered.
- If you are a member of multiple workspaces, then you’ll need to deactivate your account for each workspace separately.
- If you are the primary owner then you’ll need to transfer the ownership first to someone else, then you will be able to see the option for deactivation.
- You can’t delete the messages and files after deactivation, you can do it only before deactivation if allowed by the primary owner of a workspace.
Profile information can be deleted after deactivating your Slack account. Workspace Primary Owners can contact slack to remove their profile information on your behalf.
How to Deactivate Slack Account
- Open your Slack account on a desktop.
- Click your workspace name in the top left corner.
- Click Profile and Account from the drop down menu.
- Head over to the More actions button, and click Account settings.
- Click Deactivate account and click again on Deactivate your account.
- Type your password and select Confirm password.
- Click Yes and Deactivate my account for the final time.
How to delete Slack Messages
You must delete your messages only before deleting the slack account, because the messages and files will still appear after your deactivation and then your authority to delete them will be vanished.
- Open Slack on your PC and find the messages that you wish to delete.
- Click on the three dots option that appear to the right of the message.
- If the menu appear to delete message then click on it, if not, then you have no authority to delete it.