Growing concern for online privacy invoked PureVPN to integrate an additional layer of security known as the Network Lock/Kill Switches, a robust feature intended to prevent your VPN connection from accidental exposure of your real IP. Also referred to as the Kill Switch, the feature ensures ‘Leak Proof’ security of your internet connection.
The Kill Switch works by disabling your internet connection the moment your VPN connection drops which exposes your real IP. The idea is to secure your most prized possession – IP address and activities from falling into the hands of cybercriminals.
Nearly all VPNs have a slight chance of experiencing disconnection while connecting to their internet connection. Being a strong privacy advocate, PureVPN built the Kill switch so that your true identity, personal information, and IP address are secure even when there’s a momentary lapse in the connection.
A Kill Switches/Kill Switch on connection packs pristine benefits and can go a long way in protecting your digital existence. Here’s why you need this Kill Switch protection to closely protect your Internet connection :
Android users can connect to any Wi-Fi with complete confidence and peace of mind
Get the freedom to distribute your Internet traffic as you please between PureVPN and your ISP
Transform your windows device into a hotspot to secure all connected devices
PureVPN is compatible with a wide range of routers to secure your home or office network
Use our fail-safe IKS feature to ensure your real online identity remains a secret
PureVPN uses military-grade AES 256-bit encryption to secure your Wi-Fi network traffic
Use our service to remain protected against IPv6, WebRTC and DNS leaks at all times
Hide your real IP address with PureVPN and enjoy anonymous web browsing
Securing your online activities has now been made easy and simple. Here’s how to enable Kill Switch in your application:
Step 1: Right-click on the VPN software and ‘Run as Administrator’
Step 2: Search the ‘settings’ icon in PureVPN software program
Step 3: Search ‘Advanced Options’ settings in our VPN Software program
While users might use VPN for different purposes, one thing is for sure: they all care about reliable privacy at the end of the day. However, if a VPN connection gets disconnected, your identity is out there in the open for everyone to see.
If you’re a political activist – You wouldn’t want your competing party or others to know your agenda. As a political activist, you host immense data, list, email, client on the political sphere and happenings in your region. Make sure you have enabled this encrypted application, running will prove fruitful as it secures and prevents your internet traffic.
If you’re a journalist – Given the government is probably watching you, you wouldn’t want your private communications, with information sources to get leaked and jeopardize months of hard work. Make sure you have enabled Kill Switch, With this technology toggled on your application, you can ensure that it never happens with our VPN tunnel.
If you’re a blogger – Covering multiple topics may require traveling to countries where the internet is regulated. While using a VPN mostly isn’t favored by these governments, local users rely on them to gain access to the open web. Make sure you have enabled this feature, you will stay off the authorities’ radar with this amazing technology that offers a reliable option with our VPN tunnel.
If you’re a lawyer – TThe cases you’re working on are usually sensitive in nature and leave no room for any information, to be leaked before the trial begins in case the VPN connection drop. Since lawyers share information and communicate with their clients, make sure you have enabled Kill Switch in our that offers reliable and safe protocols.
If you’re a whistleblower – Exposing information on activities that are deemed illegal or unethical can attract a lot of unwanted attention and intimidation from parties that want to stop you from voicing your findings. With this safe, running application is your safest bet for the internet when it comes to staying anonymous and keeping you safe when you blow the whistle.
Disconnections are normal and part of everyday internet usage. They can occur anytime, anywhere and may last a few seconds to minutes or hours at times. Here’s more on why they happen:
· Unstable Internet Connection There are multiple factors that you need to check, especially when using a Wi-Fi device. Uneven internet may be due to poor signal strength and inadequate coverage. Also, it may be due to bandwidth exceeding the limit.
· Software and Devices You may face regular disconnections if the drivers on your laptop are not updated or installed properly. Some software or devices may have bugs which can be rectified by simply updating them.
· Server and Network Failure A network problem between you and the VPN server causes the internet to disconnect. It can be caused by configuration errors on a network firewall, router, or other network gateway device.
PureVPN is the best VPN provider that offers intuitive and easy-to-use software for all major platforms which come integrated with Internet Kill Switch as well as other useful features.
· Android: PureVPN is one of the few best VPN providers which offers an Android Kill Switch that seamlessly integrates and works flawlessly.
· Windows: PureVPN offers Kill Switch functionality for Windows users that faultlessly works when you are connected to the VPN server.
· Linux:Make use of the Kill Switch feature when you’re working on Linux.
· Mac:PureVPN is a VPN provider that offers elite Kill Switch functionality is optimized for Mac, giving Mac users a sense of security when they are connected to VPN server.