A growing concern for online privacy invoked PureVPN to integrate an additional layer of security, a robust network lock feature intended to prevent your VPN connection from the accidental exposure of your real IP. Referred to at PureVPN as the Kill Switch, the feature ensures ‘Leak Proof’ security of your internet connection.
The Kill Switch works by disabling your internet connection the moment your VPN connection drops because staying connected would otherwise expose your real IP. The idea is to secure your most prized possession—your – IP address and activities— from falling into the hands of cybercriminals.
Nearly all VPNs have a slight chance of experiencing disconnections while being connected to the internet Being that we’re incredibly strong privacy advocates, we at PureVPN built the Kill Switch feature so that your true identity, personal information, and IP address are secure even when there’s a momentary drop in your VPN connection.
A Kill Switch provides significant security and privacy benefits to truly protect your digital existence. Here’s why you need our Kill Switch protection to closely protect your internet connection.
All users can connect to any Wi-Fi with complete confidence and peace of mind
Get the freedom to distribute your internet traffic as you please between PureVPN and your ISP
Transform your Windows device into a hotspot to secure all connected devices
PureVPN is compatible with a wide range of routers to secure your home or office network
Use our fail-safe IKS feature to ensure your real online identity remains a secret even if you lose connection to the VPN
PureVPN uses bank-grade AES 256-bit encryption to secure your Wi-Fi network traffic
Use our service to remain protected against IPv6, WebRTC and DNS leaks at all times
Hide your real IP address with PureVPN and enjoy anonymous web browsing
Securing your online activities has now been made easy and simple. Here’s how to enable Kill Switch in your application:
Step 1: Right-click on the VPN software and ‘Run as Administrator’
Step 2:Tap the gear to access the ‘Settings’ icon in the PureVPN app
Step 3: Search for the ‘Advanced Options’ menu
While users might use VPN for different purposes, one thing is for sure: they all care about reliable privacy at the end of the day. However, if a VPN connection gets disconnected, your identity is out there in the open for everyone to see. This can be prevented with our Kill Switch.
If you’re a political activist – You wouldn’t want others, especially the competing party, to know your agenda. As a political activist, you host immense data, lists, emails, negotiations within the political sphere, and other sensitive information on your computer. For one thing, encryption is necessary. But a kill switch ensures that they’ll never find you.
If you’re a journalist – Given the government is probably watching you, you wouldn’t want your private communications, with precious information sources, to get leaked, which may potentially jeopardize months of hard work. Make sure you have enabled the PureVPN Kill Switch. With Kill Switch technology toggled on within your application, you can ensure that it never happens with our VPN tunnel.
If you’re a blogger – Covering multiple topics may require traveling to countries where the internet is regulated. While using a VPN connection mostly isn’t favored by these governments, local users rely on them to access the open web. Make sure you have enabled the kill switch feature so that you will stay off the authorities’ radar.
If you’re a lawyer – The cases you’re working on are usually sensitive in nature and leave no room for any information to be leaked before the trial begins Since lawyers share information and communicate with their clients, it’s even more important to ensure the VPN they use has an enabled kill switch connection, as well as reliable and safe protocols.
If you’re a whistleblower – Exposing information on activities that are deemed illegal or unethical can attract a lot of unwanted attention and intimidation from parties that want to stop you from voicing your findings. A VPN is your safest bet for staying connected to the internet, and a kill switch ensures that you’ll never be able to be traced because your real IP address will never leak.
Disconnections are normal and part of everyday internet usage. They can occur anytime, anywhere, and may last a few seconds to minutes or hours Here’s more about why they happen:
· Unstable Internet Connection There are multiple factors that you need to check, especially when using a Wi-Fi device. Uneven internet may be due to poor signal strength and inadequate coverage. Also, it may be due overages in bandwidth usage.
· Software and Devices You may face regular disconnections if the drivers on your laptop are not updated or installed properly. Some software or devices may have bugs that can be rectified by simply updating them.
· Server and Network Failure A network problem between you and your VPN server can cause the internet to disconnect. It can be exacerbated by configuration errors on a network firewall, router, or other network gateway device.
PureVPN is the best VPN provider that offers intuitive and easy-to-use software for all major platforms, and the Internet Kill Switch is a free added bonus.
· Android: PureVPN is one of the few best VPN providers which offers an Android Kill Switch that seamlessly integrates and works flawlessly.
· Windows: PureVPN offers Kill Switch functionality for Windows users that faultlessly works when you are connected to the VPN server.
· Linux:Make use of the Kill Switch feature when you’re working on Linux.
· Mac:PureVPN is a VPN provider that offers elite Kill Switch functionality that is optimized for macOS, giving macOS users a sense of security when they are connected to our VPN servers.