Port Forwarding for Games
With the online gaming world making its way into the mainstream, millions of gamers from across the world are logging in on a daily basis to play their favorite games. However, with this rapid growth, it seems not everyone is getting the same, smooth playing experience.
This is mainly due to instances of lag and network delays. So, to counter such pesky issues, we are here with a once-and-for-all fix which involves port forwarding for gaming. Hopefully, going through this guide will help you play your favorite games like they are meant to, allowing you to play to the best of your skills and abilities. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
What Does Port Forwarding Do For Gaming?
The reason for this is linked to how port forwarding works. For those of you who are unaware of what all of this is, let us help you out. Port forwarding is when you command your network router to follow a specific route or path. This means that your connection will not have to look around, it will follow the same route every single time. Hence, significantly reducing the time it takes for the connection to reach its final destination.
To make you better understand this, let us give you a real life explanation. Imagine you are going on a trip to, let’s say, Las Vegas. Now, if you have to constantly stop to open up the map and check where you have to go, the time in will take for you to reach your destination will increase exponentially as compared to if you knew exactly where to go.
This is how port forwarding for gaming works. Instead of your connection looking for the route to the gaming server, you predefine it path so that it knows exactly where to go. As a result, when it comes to improving performance, port forwarding games is the way to go.
How to Port Forward on your Router for PC Games
Now that you have an idea of what port forwarding is and what effect it can having on your online gaming, let us now talk about how you can set it up. Since it is linked directly to your internet connection, the way to set it up is through your router.
Now, this might seem like a complex task for some as messing around in your routers settings can be quite confusing. However, if you follow our step by step guide mentioned below, we are sure you’ll be done in no time.
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router’s IP address
- Find your routers port forwarding section
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router
- On occasion, you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect
Now we’re ready to forward the ports. The steps to do that are these:
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open up a web browser on your console or PC, and put your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Hit enter, and you should see your router’s settings menu
- In this menu, somewhere there will be options for port forwarding
- Once you find them, you’ll need to enter some details
- Paste your router’s IP address into the right box
- And then copy your PC or console’s IP address into the other box
- Next, put in the ports for Call of Duty: World at War. You can copy those from the list above
- To finish, restart your router, and your ports will be forwarded
Most Popular Games
Here’s a large collection of Game Walkthroughs written by gamers from our site with high resolution screen captures.
PORT FORWARDING FOR Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
PORT FORWARDING FOR Fortnite
PORT FORWARDING FOR Among Us
PORT FORWARDING FOR Battlefield V
PORT FORWARDING FOR Call of Duty: WWII
PORT FORWARDING FOR Red Dead Redemption 2
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
PureVPN’s all-new Port Forwarding Add-on does everything for you so that you don’t have to go through the task of changing different router settings. Plus, with the help of this new add-on, you have the ability to forward or open any UDP/TCP ports that strengthen your connection to the game’s server. And that just the tip of the iceberg.
Using PureVPN, now you can open ports by using Port Forwarding add-ons easily. Moreover, you can use PureVPN on 10 devices simultaneously, so there is no need to worry about the number of connected devices while you are gaming with your friends or siblings.
- Gives you access to over 300,000 IP addresses (which you can switch to unlimited times)
- Changes and hides your IP with AES 256-bit encryption
- Prevents ISP throttling and tracking
- Dodges unknown attacks and IP leaks
- Encrypts your internet traffic
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- WWE 2k18
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III