In today’s PureVPN employee spotlight, we are highlighting Shahrukh Ghanchi, who works as a brand strategist and campaign expert. Shahrukh loves his marketing colleagues, saying it better than I would in his description of the company and his colleagues, considering them an “AWESOME marketing team” (emphasis his, of course).
Shahrukh’s responsibilities include creating a storyboard and scripts for PureVPN videos, working with journeys, optimizing the website, contributing to our social media efforts, and developing brand messaging and content for other teams. He loves the diversity of his role and loves what he does, saying “PureVPN has two things which stand out to me and might not be found at other companies (easily). One is the people’s oriented culture which revolves around respect, transparency and amiability. Second is the user-centric approach in the overall marketing strategy.” He adds that he knows that if he had another choice to work elsewhere, he wouldn’t have been as happy as he would’ve at PureVPN.
Shahrukh busy at work:
- TV shows: he binges quite a lot! House of Cards, Peaky Blinders, Breaking Bad, Ozark, Friends, America’s Got Talent
- Movies: The Godfather trilogy, Memento, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Snowden
- Music: Linkin Park, Enrique Iglesias, Celine Dion, Freddie Mercury
- Sports: playing and cricket, watching football
- Quote: “It seems impossible until it’s done” ~Nelson Mandela
- Color: Blue
- Food: Biryani
- Podcasts: Success Made Simple, Everyone Hates Marketers, Security Weekly
- Books: Start with Why (Simon Sinek), Hooked (Nir Eyal), Outliers (Malcolm Gladwell)
- Gadgets owned: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
- Games: eFootball PES 2020
He starts his morning with tea (“can’t start my day without it,” he says, so we already know that he prefers that to coffee). But here are some of his preferred things:
- Places to go to after the pandemic is over: Turkey and northern areas in Pakistan
- What he’d do with a free weekend: Having friends and enjoying the time
- What type of animal he’d want to be if he could be one: Rabbit
- Summer or winter? Winter
- Morning or night? Night
- The mountains or the beach? Both!
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime, BBC, or Disney+: Netflix
- Facebook, reddit, Tik Tok, Snapchat, Instagram, or LinkedIn: Facebook and LinkedIn
Shahrukh warns us not to make him upset because “it’s pretty bad.” But on the plus side, he recognizes that things get better, sharing the following piece of advice (which we love):
“We spend life like a seesaw. One day you will be up, another day you will be down. One side has:
- Achievements and fortune
- Finding someone.
And opposite side (which I call the down side) has
- Losing someone.
When you are on the down side, always expect and work for that up (positive) side. It will be coming soon.”