How to Delete Discord Account Permanently
Want to remove your Discord account? Below, is a step-by-step guide to delete your Discord account that will only take a minute of your time. Plus, you have to remove the servers as well. Here is how to permanently delete your account:
- Open Discord app on your Mac or PC and click the gear icon located in the bottom-left corner of the screen, near your username.
- Click “Edit”, located next to your display profile.
- Click “Delete Account”.
Wondering how to get rid of your Discord account without losing your information? In this article, we will show you:
- How to completely delete your Discord account on Windows
- How to delete your Discord account on an iPhone
- The real answer to the question, “Is Discord safe for my kids?”
- What are the Benefits of Discord?
- Is Discord Safe from Malware and Viruses?
- Some great Discord alternatives you must try
How to Completely Delete Your Discord Account on Windows
Summary: We understand that you care about online privacy and want to make sure your kids and office network is communicating on a safe platform. If you have made a decision to delete your account forever, it is better to do it in the right way.
Here are the steps to permanently delete your account regardless of how many servers you are using.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Choose Edit.
- Click “Delete Account.”
- Enter your Discord password and choose “Delete Account”. Your deletion process will start.
Easy-peasy! Congratulations! Now you have successfully removed your information from Discord servers and permanently delete your account. However, you have to delete your servers first before removing your account. If you didn’t permanently delete your servers, then this message will continuously prompt on your screen. To delete a Discord server , head to your Server Settings > Delete Server > enter your password.
All you have to do is to transfer ownership to another member of the group or delete the group. Once you have done that, you won’t see this message again.
How to Delete Your Discord Account on an iPhone
Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account on an iPhone to delete account.
- Click the Settings option.
- Choose an Account.
- Click on “Delete Account.”
- Enter your discord password and click on Okay.
After following the aforementioned steps, your account is permanently delete. You can follow the same steps for an Android device as well.
Is Discord Safe for Kids?
Best Answer: Discord is safe if you are taking precautions when sharing an invitation link, adding strangers to your personal server, or enabling 2FA (two-factor authentication). This means the safety depends on you and how you are protecting your Discord account from hackers and unknown meme lords.
Talking about your kid’s account, the first thing you must do is track the server activities, members who are joining channels, or setting a complex password. Discord is a private channel for communication if you keep it private and hidden from stalkers.
Remember: if you are throwing channel links everywhere to get more users, then be ready to face spambots and other unwanted members too.
But to be honest with you, nothing is safe on the internet. We have already covered how hackers get access to air-gapped computers making your online privacy at risk of exposure. When it comes to Discord, hackers might send you a QR code in exchange for free stuff. This trick helps hackers access your account and private channels. If you delete your account then you get rid of this risk.
The bottom line is hackers are smart enough to find a way and intrude your private networks.
What are the Benefits of Discord?
Discord is a popular instant messaging and VoIP application that’s packed with pristine features. Some of the key benefits of using Discord are as follows:
- Ability to create and join servers instantly.
- A nicely designed user interface and great user experience.
- Key features that help to share and to collaborate with others easily.
- The app is designed keeping security in mind and receives patch updates, bug fixes, and security improvements on a daily basis.
- While the app comes with several features, you won’t experience any lag.
Is Discord Safe from Malware and Viruses?
Generally, Discord is safe to use. The developers at Discord take privacy and security seriously, which is why the platform is preferred by millions of users worldwide.
With Discord, you have ultimate control of who can message you, NSFW image safety levels, and even the type of content that is allowed in your particular server (with bots).
You have to make sure that you download Discord from the official website and not an unreliable website as it may contain malware or viruses. Learn more about Discord Malware.
Some Great Discord Alternatives You Must Try
Are you getting rid of your Discord account? Why not use a safer and easy-to-use alternative that is similar to Discord? We know how hard it can be to delete your private channels, servers, and accounts when you have gathered massive users for streaming or work purposes. But the following list of alternatives are just as good as Discord, plus they are considered safe.
- Hangouts Chat
If nothing is safe online…what should I do?
Like we discussed earlier, the account is as safe as the user allows it to be. This means you can configure the Settings options, use complex passwords, and enable multi-factor authentication to prevent hackers from accessing your information. Moreover, the best tool you can use is PureVPN for any account whether it is Discord, Skype, or Slack. In this way, you can hide your online identity and safely browse the internet.
Benefits of PureVPN:
- Encrypt your incoming traffic
- Protect multiple accounts and devices
- Break pass firewalls
- Ensure online anonymity
To make a long story short, using a VPN has become important for those who care about online security and privacy. You know how smart hackers are, and how they can manipulate internet users to get any information they want. That’s why you must be vigilant and take care of your online information because there are higher chances that you are on complete surveillance.
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete TikTok Account
- How to delete or deactivate your Instagram Account
- How to Permanently Delete your Twitter Account
- How to Permanently Delete Kik Account
- How Does Facial Recognition Work
- How to Delete Your OkCupid Account Permanently
- How to Fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Remove Exif and Metadata from Photos
- How to tell if Your Phone is hacked
- How to Uninstall Chromium
- How to Delete Facebook Messenger
- How to Delete Telegram Account
- How to Delete Tinder Account
- How To Close Your Amazon Account
- How to Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently