Not very long ago we used to clear our browsing histories so other users on our computers don’t see what we did during our online sessions. Today, however, there are various reasons why you should learn how to delete cookies for anonymous browsing.
Tip: Whare are Super Cookies & how to protect against them?
Cookies should be deleted to dodge advertising companies from tracking your browsing habits, to stop hackers from decoding our passwords, and to avoid price hikes when shopping online. Therefore, if you want to know how to delete cookies automatically at the end of each browsing session, here is how you should go about it:
How to Delete Cookies from Browsers in Windows/Mac Computer
Delete Cookies on Chrome
- Go to the browser menu at the top right corner and select Settings.
- Now scroll down and click advanced.
- Under the heading Privacy and Security, select Content settings.
- Check the Keep local data only until you quit your browser option and then click Done.
Delete Cookies in Firefox
- Go to the browser menu at the top right corner and select Options.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Under the heading Cookies and Site Data, set the Keep until option to: I close Firefox.
There is an option at the bottom of history section, which allows you to clear all your browsing history upon browser shut down. If you want to use this option, you can do so by making the feature as your default setting. Click OK to apply changes.
Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Go to the browser menu at the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Under the heading Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
- Select Cookies and saved website data as well as any other options that you would like to enable. Once done, check the Always clear this when I close the browser option.
Delete Cookies in Opera
Opera Browser is one of the most advanced browsers that provide all the features required by privacy enthusiasts. These features include the feature of deleting cookies automatically on browser exit.
- Go to browser menu by clicking the Opera icon at the top left corner.
- Select Privacy & security
- Under the heading Cookies, check the Keep local data only until I quit my browser option.
How to Delete Cookies from Browsers in Android and iOS
Delete Cookies on Chrome for Android
Unfortunately, Chrome for Android lacks the option of deleting cookies on exit. But there’s still a way to delete the cookies for anonymous browsing.
The best way to avoid cookies is to use the “incognito mode.” Chrome records none of your online activities while you’re using this mode. If in case you forget to turn on the incognito mode, you can also delete the cookies manually.
- Open Chrome and go to the browser menu at the top right corner.
- Tap Settings and then Privacy.
- Tap Clear browsing data and check the Cookies and Site data option.
Delete Cookies in Firefox for Android
- Open Firefox and go to the browser menu at the top right corner.
- Tap Settings and then Privacy.
- Check the Clear private data on exit option.
- Check the Cookies & active logins option and tap Set.
Delete Cookies in Safari
There are a few browsers that don’t offer options to automatically clear cookies upon exiting, such as Safari. If you use one of such browsers, you can use third-party app additions such as Cookie, Privatus, NetShred X or a similar program to automatically clear search history upon browser exit.
If you do not want to spend money on a cookie-clearing app, you can also manually delete cookies each time you exit Safari.
- To do so, go to Safari settings from the main Setting menu.
- Scroll down until you find Clear History and Website Data, under the Privacy & Security section.
- Tap Clear History and Data.
Delete Cookies in Default Android Browser
Even though a plethora of mobile browsers are available to download from Google’s App Store, a vast majority of Android users browse the internet via the default Android browser. Unfortunately, when it comes to deleting cookie history, Android users have to perform the task manually every time they exit the browser.
- Go to the browser menu at the top right corner and tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy and Security.
- Under the Cookies section, tap Clear all cookie data.
Delete Cookies in Opera Mini (Android/ iOS)
Similar to the default Android browser, Opera too does not provide the option of automatically delete cookies upon exit. You can, however, do so manually.
- Tap Opera’s icon in the browser window.
- Tap Settings and you will see a long line of options.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Check the Clear cookies and data option. You can also clear passwords and your browsing history by checking their respective options.
Improve Your Browsing Experience
So, this is how to delete cookies, quite an easy task right? Follow the instructions provided in this tutorial on how to delete history guide and prevent outsiders from ruining the way you browse the internet.
Have a private browsing experience!
opera keep local data option doesnt work
if you click that option and close your browser everything stays
Dolphin browser for Android can be set to start automatically in incognito mode, so nothing needs to be deleted before exiting.
We should delete browse history always.The topic is very specific for how to delete browser history from your system.It is safe your data and personal information.It is very useful on Internet Explorer 10 support number for new user and performance well
Why do we need to clear browser history?
You should clear your browser cookies as it helps you dodge advertising companies from tracking your browsing habits, stops hackers from decoding our passwords, and helps us avoid price hikes when shopping online.