If you use stream content like movies, TV shows, and sports on your Vizio smart TV, then a VPN is a must-have tool.
You can get around geographic blocks to expand your entertainment options and even achieve faster streaming speeds by avoiding ISP throttling.
Below, we’ll go over the benefits of using a VPN for Vizio smart TV and how you can set it up easily and quickly.
Without further ado, let’s dive in:
Why Do You Need a VPN for Vizio Smart TV?
Here’s a few good reasons to should use a VPN on Vizio smart TV:
To Bypass Geo-Restrictions
You might have noticed that you’re unable to use certain streaming apps on your Vizio smart TV. Since services like Hulu (US) and Foxtel (Australia) enforce geographic restrictions, they can’t be accessed by viewers who attempt to access the content from outside their available regions. Similarly, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and Netflix content varies from country to country due to licensing agreements.
With a VPN, you can easily bypass these geo-restrictions by connecting to a server in your chosen country and tricking the service into thinking your traffic is coming from there. This enables you to access your favorite streaming services and content on your Vizio smart TV, no matter where you live in the world.
To Dodge ISP Throttling
If you’re unable to watch videos without annoying buffering issues, chances are that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is throttling your traffic. They use a technology known as Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) to monitor your online activities and limit your bandwidth when you “use too much data.”
However, fret not: you can get around ISP throttling using a VPN. A VPN is going to send all your communications via an encrypted tunnel to a remote server in the country or city of your choice, which also hides your real IP address (it’ll expose your VPN’s IP instead, keeping you safe). The result? You’re able to stream your preferred content at throttle-free speeds!
PureVPN – The Best VPN for Vizio Smart TV
If you’re in the market for a good Vizio smart TV VPN, look no further than PureVPN. Here’s what makes us the best VPN for Vizio smart TV users:
- Proven No-Log Service: Using a VPN that stores connection or activity logs defeats the purpose of using one in the first place. If you want to be truly private, you should stick to independently audited VPNs like PureVPN – we’ve proven (twice) not to keep logs of your online activities when you use our service!
- Global Server Network: You get unlimited access to one of the world’s largest VPN networks, with more than 6,500 servers in over 70 countries. PureVPN is all you need to access geo-blocked streaming apps and content on your Vizio smart TV.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: There are no limitations on bandwidth usage with PureVPN; we don’t do that here. This allows you to stream your favorite videos as much as you want at the best possible speeds.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Facing issues while setting up or using PureVPN on your Vizio smart TV? Our professional and friendly customer support team has got your back! You can contact them anytime, any day, via live chat or email.
- Strong Encryption: When you connect to PureVPN, all your traffic is secured using AES 256-bit encryption, which is virtually impenetrable. Third-parties like ISPs, governments, and hackers won’t be able to get their hands on your personal data.
- Dedicated Streaming Servers: Unlike others, PureVPN boasts hundreds of dedicated streaming servers. These have been placed in close proximity to content delivery networks (CDNs) so that you can enjoy buffer-free speeds while streaming in HD, 4K, or 8K.
- 31-Day Money-Back Guarantee: Still can’t decide if PureVPN is the right fit for your needs? No problem! You can try out our service risk-free as all of our plans are covered by a 31-day money-back guarantee.
- 10 Multi-Logins: Did you know that PureVPN can be used on up to ten different devices simultaneously? You’ll only need one account for your Vizio smart TV and other household devices.
How to Set Up a VPN for Vizio Smart TV
Though Vizio smart TVs don’t support VPN apps, there are still a few ways you can use a VPN on it. These include getting your VPN installed at the router level, or sharing the VPN connection over WiFi. Let’s dive into those in greater detail below:
Method #1: Installing a VPN on Your Router
By putting a VPN on your router, you’ll be able to use the VPN connection on your Vizio smart TV and other internet-enabled devices. Just follow these simple steps:
- Subscribe to PureVPN.
- If your router isn’t VPN-ready, take a look at our list of supported routers.
- Follow the configuration guide for your existing or new router.
- Once done, connect your Vizio smart TV to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Stream away!
Method #2: Share Your Windows or Mac’s VPN Connection over Wi-Fi
This is simple to do as well. Before you start, make sure you have:
- A working internet connection
- A Windows or Mac device
- A premium PureVPN account
To share your Mac’s VPN connection via Wi-Fi, follow the steps mentioned in this macOS VPN setup guide.
To share your Window’s VPN connection via Wi-Fi, follow the steps mentioned in this Windows VPN hotspot setup guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Install a VPN on Vizio Smart TV?
Vizio smart TVs run the SmartCast operating system, which does not natively support VPN functionality. Fortunately, there is an alternative method to use PureVPN on your Vizio smart TV. All you have to do is set up our VPN service on your router or Windows/macOS computer, and connect your smart TV to either of these devices using WiFi.
Let’s Get Watching!
Using a VPN service on your Vizio smart TV is a great way to enhance your streaming experience. You’ll be able to access geo-blocked services and content, watch the videos you love without throttling issues, and so much more.
However, don’t settle for anything less than the best – not all VPNs are equal. PureVPN comes with everything you look for in a Vizio smart TV VPN. From a tried and test no-log policy and global server network to robust encryption and dedicated streaming servers, we have it all.
Got any questions? Feel free to use the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!