How to Setup VPN on iPhone 4S
Contrary to what most people think, configuring VPN on iPhone 4S is quite easy. You can avoid manual iPhone VPN configuration by simply downloading & installing PureVPN’s one-click iPhone VPN App, but if you must configure it manually then this is just the guide you need.
Configuring VPN on iPhone 4S
This App lets you connect to the VPN by simple putting in your username and password. This iPhone VPN client also offers you the freedom to choose the server location of your choice based on your intended use for the VPN application
VPN on iPhone 4S – The Setup
Follow the instruction given below to set up VPN on your device:
- Go to the iPhone ‘Settings’ icon.
- Choose ‘General’.
- Select ‘Network’.
- Once you have chosen ‘Network’, select ‘VPN’.
- Here you would find ‘Add VPN Configuration’. Select it and provide all the relevant details to set up your VPN connection.
- Next, select PPTP. This is the most commonly used VPN in iPhone though L2TP is also used. Setting up L2TP is also same as PPTP except it has one additional feature; a shared key provided by your VPN provider.
- Now you just need to add your VPN configuration as provided by your VPN provider.
- In the ‘Description’ field, you have the choice to select a Name for your VPN Connection. It can be any name you choose to use like PureVPN.com
- As for selecting the server, it is mandatory to choose the one provided by your VPN service provider. It might look like ‘connect.purevpn.com’ but the actual server name will be different.
- Similar to server name, details like your account name and password will also be provided by your VPN service provider.
- After filling the previous three fields, turn your RSA Secure ID to Off.
- Select your encryption level to Auto and turn “Send All Traffic” to “ON”.
- Save your settings and return to Home menu of your iPhone.
- Notice that now when you press ‘Settings’, you will find VPN Slider Tab added to your settings just under the Wi-Fi Tab.
- Upon turning it on you will be ready to browse internet using the protection of VPN.
Pure VPN – The Widely Preferred VPN Provider
Hope you find no difficulty setting up PureVPN on your iPhone 4S with this guide. Have a secure, anonymous and restriction-free experience with PureVPN!
Other Related Posts: