If you own an LG smartphone and/or Smart TV, you can enhance your online experience with a virtual private network (VPN).
You’ll be able to dodge firewall restrictions at work or school, access unavailable content from anywhere, and protect the data to and from your device using bank-grade encryption.
In this article, we’ll go over the benefits of using an LG VPN and the steps required to set on up on your smartphone and Smart TV:
Why Do You Need a VPN for LG?
Here’s why you should use a VPN with your LG devices:
Improved Privacy & Security
Whether you’re using a personal Wi-Fi connection, cellular network, or a public Internet hotspot, your privacy and security can be compromised by third parties. For example, public Wi-Fi is dangerous as the unsecured nature of these networks allows cybercriminals to intercept and steal your data easily.
A VPN safeguards your online identity by hiding your real IP address and encrypts all Internet traffic, meaning nobody can read it – even if they manage to obtain it. In this way, you can go about your online activities without worrying about potential hackers and snoopers.
Bypass Firewall Restrictions
Some workplaces and schools set up firewalls to block certain websites and services. They have the right to restrict their Internet access and often have good reasons for doing so, such as minimizing distractions and increasing productivity.
However, the imposed restrictions can leave students and employees unable to access something important to their work. With a VPN, you can dodge these roadblocks and browse the Internet on your own terms.
Access Geo-Blocked Content
Most of the content on popular streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon Prime Video is limited to specific countries. This means that you won’t be able to stream it unless you’re situated in the region where it’s accessible.
Using a VPN, you can actually change your virtual location by connecting to servers in different countries. For example, choosing a US VPN server will enable you to watch TV shows only available on Netflix USA from the UK.
PureVPN – The Best LG VPN Service!
If you need a good VPN for LG, we’ve got you covered. PureVPN comes packed with all the features that you look for in a reliable VPN provider, including:
- Stability & Performance: Using a VPN could slow down your Internet connection to some extent, which is why PureVPN offers high-speed servers. Moreover, since our network is self-managed, we’re able to guarantee 99.99% uptime!
- Global Server Network: With more than 2,000 servers in over 140 countries worldwide, you have plenty of options to find one that works for you. Plus, you can bypass most geo-restrictions with ease.
- Strong Encryption Algorithms: Encryption is what makes your personal data nearly impossible for anyone to crack. Fortunately, PureVPN uses the highest encryption standard available today: AES 256-bit.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: PureVPN provides easy-to-use apps for all major OS, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The service can also be set up on routers, Smart TVs, streaming sticks, gaming consoles, and more!
- Multi-Logins: Do you have multiple devices at home that require robust protection? With PureVPN, you have the convenience of using a single account on up to 10 different devices at the same time.
- Audited No-Logs Policy: PureVPN is one of the few tried, tested, and independently audited no-log providers on the market. We can’t share any information pertaining to your online activities if we don’t store any in the first place!
- Leak-Proof Connections: Your original identity can still get leaked despite using a VPN. To prevent this from happening, PureVPN is equipped with a kill switch and DNS, IPv6, & WebRTC leak protection.
How to Set Up a VPN on LG Smartphone
Installing a VPN on LG smartphones is not rocket science, really. Since they typically use Android as their operating system (OS), simply download the application provided by your VPN service, and you’ll be good to go. Just follow these steps:
- Visit our order page and buy a PureVPN subscription.
- Download PureVPN’s Android app.
- Once the installation is complete, open it and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to your preferred VPN server or hit the Quick Connect button.
- You’re all set!
How to Set Up a VPN on LG Smart TV
The process of securing LG Smart TVs is a little more complicated. After all, you can’t install a VPN directly on these devices. There’s a way around this predicament, though.
By configuring the VPN on your router, all the devices in your household – including your Smart TV – will enjoy VPN protection. Just follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to figure out what kind of router you own. That’s because not all of them are VPN-compatible.
- If your router (or the one you’re going to purchase) is VPN-ready, then go ahead and purchase a PureVPN subscription.
- Find the appropriate configuration guide and follow the instructions to install a VPN on your router at home.
- Connect your LG Smart TV to the router via Wi-Fi.
- You’re all set!
Should I Use a Free VPN for LG?
If you want to complete online protection, you should steer clear of free VPNs. After all, these services have a reputation for logging and selling user data as well as leaking IP addresses, which is the exact opposite of what VPNs are supposed to do.
What’s more, free VPNs often have a few servers to choose from, offer little to no encryption, and lack must-have features like a kill switch. To enjoy the full benefits of a VPN on your LG device, you’re better of sticking to paid VPNs, such as PureVPN.
Smart DNS vs VPN for LG Devices
While both VPNs and Smart DNS enable you to bypass geo-restrictions, the main difference between them is the level of protection they offer.
A VPN lets you access geo-blocked content and services while protecting your online privacy and security. Smart DNS, on the other hand, allows you to do the same but without encrypting your connection and hiding your IP address.
In short, Smart DNS will improve your online accessibility. However, it still isn’t as powerful as a VPN, which ensures complete online freedom and comes with plenty of useful features that keep your activities safe and private.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions about LG devices and VPN:
What is an LG VPN?
An LG VPN not only encrypts your Internet traffic but also masks your true IP address. This allows you to experience improved online privacy, security, and freedom on your smartphone or Smart TV.
Can I Use a VPN on LG Smart TV?
As mentioned earlier, LG Smart TVs don’t support VPNs directly. However, you can still enjoy the benefits of a VPN on these appliances by connecting them to a VPN router.
How Do I Turn Off the VPN on My LG Phone?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. Just open the PureVPN app and tap the Disconnect button when you’re finished using the VPN.
Wrapping Things Up
If you want to get the most out of your LG smartphone or Smart TV, getting your hands on a VPN like PureVPN is a wise decision. It’ll help you bypass geo-blocks and firewall restrictions as well as increase your privacy and security by leaps and bounds.