While the console may have improved, there are issues that gamers have to suffer when they’re using the new Xbox One or the Xbox 360. Higher latencies are still an issue, and DDoS attacks remain a problem for high-end online gamers.
Gamers may also find some games unavailable in their region on the Xbox marketplace. Such content is majorly unavailable in most countries for one reason or another. Don’t stress anymore! Get PureVPN and gain instant access to games that are unavailable in your region and enjoy a secure online gaming experience.
Similarly, those who use Xbox to stream content online suffer from similar issues as much of the content is unavailable in their region. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and others are either completely inaccessible, or they have content that is unavailable in most regions around the world.
In these and many other cases, an XBOX VPN can be of great help. Not only does it secure you from DDoS attacks and other such malware, but you can use it to stream your favorite content online, or unlock games that may be unavailable in your region.
How To Setup VPN on Xbox 360 or Xbox One in New Zealand
You can setup a VPN on Xbox One & Xbox 360 via your Wi-Fi router, laptop, and desktop. Following step-by-step instructions will help you to setup a VPN optimized for Xbox.
Setup VPN on Xbox One or Xbox 360 through Router
To enjoy a VPN on your gaming console, you first need to set up PureVPN on your wireless router. To configure PureVPN on your router, check out our detailed tutorials for a vast variety of routers.
There are numerous best routers for Xbox live available in the market.
Once your router is set up to run a VPN connection, all you require is to turn on your Xbox 360 & Xbox One Wi-Fi to connect to the router.
Here is how to do it:
- On your Xbox controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to enter the menu.
- Now, go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings.’
- Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings.’
- Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select your wireless network that the Xbox will automatically detect.
- Now, enter the WPA key. This key is written on the router as well.
- Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection.’
- Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!
Setup VPN on Xbox One or 360 Through Windows
Before you get started with this process, make sure you have the latest version of PureVPN installed on your PC. Once that’s done, follow these few simple steps:
- Start by connecting your PC with your Xbox 360/Xbox One via a crossover cable.
- Click on the Windows Menu Bar located on the bottom-left corner of the taskbar.
- On the menu list, open the Control Panel.
- With the Control Panel window open, click on Network and Sharing Center.
- From here, select Change Adapter Settings located on the left side of the screen.
- Right-click the PureVPN icon and click on Properties.
- Once the Properties window opens, open the Sharing tab.
- Click on the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection option and make sure there’s a checkmark next to it.
- Now, select the Home Networking Connection. It should open a dropdown menu displaying all available internet connections. You should see a connection titled Xbox. Select this option if available. If it is not, click on the connection you want to share with your Xbox One/Xbox 360.
- Click on OK
- Open PureVPN’s window client and connect to your preferred server.
- Separately, on your Xbox controller, press the “LIVE” button and head over to the menu.
- Toggle to the Settings tab and select System Settings.
- Once upon, select Network Settings.
- Now, click on Wired Network.
- From here, click on Accept All and continue by clicking on Test Connection.
- Now that you’re connected, sign in to your Xbox account, and that should do it.
Setup VPN on Xbox One or Xbox 360 Through MAC
It is just as easy to set up a VPN for Xbox One/Xbox 360 if you’re using macOS. Make sure you’ve got the latest version of PureVPN installed and follow these steps diligently:
- Using a crossover cable, connect both your Xbox and Mac device.
- At the bottom of your home screen, click on System Preferences. Now select the Sharing option.
- Once the Sharing page opens, click on Internet Sharing.
- This should open a dropdown menu. Click on Share Your Connection From. Now select Ethernet, AirPort, or Wireless (depending on which connection your Mac device and Xbox are connected to).
- Go to the bottom of the dropdown menu, click on To Computers Using, and select the internet connection you’re connected to.
- Select the box titled Internet Sharing.
- Once the Internet Sharing icon is green, open PureVPN’s macOS client and connect to any server.
- Using your Xbox controller, press the LIVE button and head over to the main menu.
- Now, connect the PureVPN Mac app to PureVPN’s server.
- On your Xbox controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to go into the menu.
- Click on the Settings tab and select System Settings.
- Within the System Settings tab, click on Network Settings.
- Toggle to Wired Networks and select the internet connection your Mac device is connected to.
Once your Xbox One detects the internet connection, you’re good to go!
Pure VPN is one of the most trusted VPN providers. Having state-of-the-art VPN technology and excellent infrastructure, gamers from around the world use PureVPN on Xbox and other consoles.
Best VPN for Xbox One and Xbox 360
Taking VPN services into account, you will come to realize it is just as valuable to gamers looking for a smooth online gaming experience. Additionally, PureVPN also offers numerous features to ensure your personal and confidential information is protected at all times, regardless of the server you are connected to.
Once connected, users are free to enjoy a seamless gaming experience. If you are not convinced, the following table should make you think otherwise:
|Far Cry 5
|First-person shooter (FPS)
|Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
|Call Of Duty: Warzone
Benefits of Using PureVPN on Xbox
To be more specific, and to better understand what is in store for you with a VPN, here are some benefits & why you should consider using a VPN for Xbox One or Xbox 360:
Considerable Drop-in Lag
Seeing how users have numerous servers to choose from, lag will not be a problem. How you may ask? It is really simple, as you will be able to choose a well-optimized server, specific to your region, thus allowing you to game online with ease.
Experience instant connection and unlimited bandwidth all thanks to a global network of 6500+ servers strategically located in 78+ countries.
Since game prices vary from region to region, with a gaming VPN, you connect to a region where the game is available at the lowest price.
Governments and ISPs often put restrictions on certain websites/apps/games and other services. With PureVPN’s Xbox VPN, you can get around limitations and enjoy the game at your convenience.
Protection from DDoS Attacks
Consoles are no exception to cyberattacks, which is why necessary precautions need to be taken beforehand. A VPN makes it easier for one to fend off such attacks and protects them with our DDoS protected VPN.
Available on Multiple Devices
Whether you prefer to play on a PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, tablet or a smartphone, PureVPN offers you fast, undisturbed gameplay while you’re playing with your friends at home or you’re on the go.
How To Install Kodi on Xbox One?
Kodi is a great open-source media player that has an infinite supply of content on it. Just like there are apps on smartphones, there are add-ons on Kodi. Being an Open Source platform, anyone can create an addon for anything on Kodi and make it available online. This explains why the content supply is infinite.
You can install Kodi on Xbox One in just a few minutes. Just follow the steps mentioned below and get access to unlimited video entertainment on your Xbox.
- Click the Search button.
- Search “Kodi”
- Click Get.
- The installation will begin. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Click Launch.
Start using Kodi on your Xbox
If you are already a Kodi user, you would know already how to install addons from official and unofficial repositories. If you don’t, here is a guide to understanding everything about Kodi.
Port Forwarding for Gaming
Since routers block some ports by default, you will have to set up a port forward to play your favorite games without issue. It’s also useful for gaming because it not only stabilizes your connection but also sometimes even makes it faster.
To make the process of setting up port forwarding easier for gamers, PureVPN offers the Port Forwarding Add-On. This means that you can securely and conveniently connect your Xbox console with any server of your choice.
Why Port forwarding for Xbox?
If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox console to communicate with Xbox Live. This configuration change is often referred to as “opening ports” or “port forwarding.”
Ports required to use Xbox Live
These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 500 (UDP)
- Port 3544 (UDP)
- Port 4500 (UDP)
Learn aboutPort Forwarding on Xbox
Now that you know how to set up a VPN on your Xbox console, you should wait no longer than you already have. However, if you have any problems, or wish to offer suggestions, you can do so by commenting below, or you can talk to one of our live support agents instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the gameplay speed increase when playing with an Xbox VPN?
In some instances, users who are connected to the VPN network may experience improved speeds. However, for others, they might see a slight decrease in their internet speed. It differs from user to user and the server they’re connected to. The farther the server, the lesser the speed.
Does PureVPN work on all gaming devices?
PureVPN’s applications are compatible with all kinds of routers and gaming consoles.
Does a VPN reduce ping?
A VPN will not reduce ping unless there is packet loss by your ISP. In instances of ISP throttling, a VPN may struggle to keep up with the internet speed. The farther and congested a VPN server, the higher the ping. The closer and less occupied a VPN server, the better the ping.
How does a VPN work on Xbox?
Once you’re connected to PureVPN on your Xbox device, your internet traffic routes through a secure VPN tunnel. You can access and play games that were previously unavailable in your region and so much more.
How Do I Change the IP Address on My Xbox One?
What you need is a VPN for Xbox One such as PureVPN. When you connect to one on your Xbox, your true IP address gets masked with a virtual one from the server of your choosing. This allows you to get around location-based restrictions and access unavailable entertainment content or games, no matter where you are.