Port Forwarding For Xbox One Gamers
Rejoice your gaming experience with Xbox One Port Forwarding capability.
How to Port Forward Xbox One?
If you want to maximize your Xbox Live experience, you’ll need to forward ports. It’s suggested that you forward specific ports recommended by Microsoft.
These steps will guide you through the process of configuring port forwarding, though exact steps may vary between router models and manufacturers.
- Open Settings on your Xbox One.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Note down the IP address and MAC address of your console.
- Login to your router with its username and password.
- Manually assign an IP address to your Xbox One, using the previously fetched IP and MAC addresses.
- Open Settings on your Xbox One > Network tab > Test network connection tile.
- Navigate to the port forwarding tools on your router.
- Open the ports: UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500 and TCP & UDP: 3074
- Now head back to Settings > Network tab > Test NAT type tile.
Once the test NAT type is complete, you should have Open NAT on your Xbox One. Enjoy online gaming now!
Xbox Network’s List of Ports
Why Do You Need Port Forwarding?
Port forwarding is needed when a device that’s connected on the internet is requiring to establish a connection with a device that’s unavailable due to certain firewalls or a NAT router. If a device is requesting a connection with another device that’s not a part of the connection, the router needs to know what to do how to entertain that particular request.
Essentially, the device will reject the request. However, if port forwarding is configured, the device will know who to send it to. Simply put, you need port forwarding if you want to communicate with devices on other networks.
Port forwarding has the ability to send data through a firewall which is why it’s preferred for gaming. Primarily, port forwarding is used for the following reasons:
Xbox one UPnP settings
If you want to enable UPnP on your router, the setup process is simple. Steps will vary between router models, though we’ve provided a general guideline of what to expect.
Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to your router login page. For additional details on logging into your router, you can go through online guides.
- Log in to your router with its username and password.
- Head over to the UPnP menu on your router. This step will vary from router to router so before you begin, search if your router has this feature. If not, then we recommend forwarding ports.)
- Enable UPnP.
- Save your changes.
- Open Settings on your Xbox One.
- Select the Network tab.
- Select the Test NAT type tile.
Once the test NAT type is complete, you should have Open NAT configured on your Xbox One. Enjoy online gaming now! Here is more on UPnP
Using VPN to Open Xbox LIVE Ports
Some ports are unavailable in multiple regions due to various reasons which is why you need a VPN service to gain instant access to these ports. A VPN will bypass regional limitations and open Xbox Live ports so that you can rejoice in an online gaming experience like never before. Play on Xbox with your friends using PureVPN and enjoy uninterrupted gaming experience.
Learn more about gaming vpn.
Benefits of using PureVPN Port Forwarding
Here are some other benefits of using the PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on:
- Opens or forwards any UDP/TCP ports from any device.
- Ability to access your PC or laptop from anywhere.
- Speed up your P2P downloads.
- Use Port Forwarding to configure CGNAT (Carrier Grade Natting).
- Use Port Forwarding to open specific ports for online gaming.