While the console may have improved, there are issues that gamers have to suffer when they’re using the new Xbox One or the Xbox 360. Higher latencies are still an issue, and DDoS attacks remain a problem for high-end online gamers.
Gamers may also find some games unavailable in their region on the Xbox marketplace. Such content is majorly unavailable in most countries for one reason or another.
Similarly, those who use Xbox to stream content online suffer from similar issues as much of the content is unavailable in their region. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and others are either completely inaccessible, or they have content which is unavailable in most regions around the world.
In these and many other cases, an XBOX VPN can be of great help. Not only does it secure you from DDoS attacks and other such malware, but you can use it to stream your favorite content online, or unlock games that may be unavailable in your region.
VPN for Xbox One and Xbox 360
Taking VPN services into account, you will come to realize it is just as valuable to gamers looking for a smooth online gaming experience. Additionally, PureVPN also offers numerous features to ensure your personal and confidential information is protected at all times, regardless of the server you are connected to.
Once connected, users are free to enjoy a seamless gaming experience. If you are not convinced, the following table should make you think otherwise:
|Far Cry 5||First-person shooter (FPS)|
|Tom Clancy’s The Division 2||Third-person shooter|
Benefits of Using PureVPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One
To be more specific, and to better understand what is in store for you with a VPN, here are some benefits for you to consider:
Considerable Drop-in Lag
Seeing how users have numerous servers to choose from, lag will not be a problem. How you may ask? It is really simple, as you will be able to choose a well-optimized server, specific to your region, thus allowing you to game online with ease.
Experience instant connection and unlimited bandwidth all thanks to a global network of 2,000+ servers strategically located in 140+ countries and over 180 locations.
Since game prices vary from region to region, with a gaming VPN, you connect to a region where the game is available at the lowest price.
Governments and ISPs often put restrictions on certain websites/apps/games and other services. With PureVPN’s Xbox VPN, you can get around limitations and enjoy the game at your convenience.
Protection from DDoS Attacks
Consoles are no exception to cyberattacks, which is why necessary precautions need to be taken beforehand. A VPN makes it easier for one to fend off such attacks and protects them with our DDoS protected VPN.
Available on Multiple Devices
Whether you prefer to play on a PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, tablet or a smartphone, PureVPN offers you fast, undisturbed gameplay while you’re playing with your friends at home or you’re on the go.
How To Setup VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One
You can setup a VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One via your Wi-Fi router, laptop, and desktop. Following step-by-step instructions will help you to setup a VPN optimized for Xbox.
Setup VPN on Xbox 360 & Xbox One through Router
To enjoy a VPN on your gaming console, you first need to set up PureVPN on your wireless router. To configure PureVPN on your router, check out our detailed tutorials for a vast variety of routers.
There are numerous best routers for Xbox live available in the market.
Once your router is set up to run a VPN connection, all you require is to turn on your Xbox 360 & Xbox One Wi-Fi to connect to the router.
Here is how to do it:
1. On your Xbox controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to enter the menu.
2. Now, go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings.’
3. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings.’
4. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select your wireless network that the Xbox 360 & Xbox One will automatically detect.
5. Now, enter the WPA key. This key is written on the router as well.
6. Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection.’
7. Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!
Setup VPN on Xbox Through Windows
First, make sure you have PureVPN software installed and working on your Windows device.
1. Connect your Xbox 360 & Xbox One to your computer using a crossover cable.
2. Click the ‘Windows Menu Button’ at the bottom left hand of the screen.
3. From the menu list, click Control Panel.
4. Once the Control Panel window opens, click the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
5. Click on ‘Change Adaptor Settings’ on the left-hand side of the screen.
6. Right-click on the icon titled ‘PureVPN’ and then select the option titled ‘Properties’.
7. Once the properties window is displayed open the tab titled ‘Sharing’.
8. Now, place a checkmark on the option titled ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’.
9. Click the option titled ‘Home Networking Connection’. It will reveal a dropdown menu with your available internet connections, and possibly a connection titled ‘Xbox’. Select Xbox (if it is available) and if it is not available, then click the connection you want to share with your console.
10. Click “OK”
11. Now, connect your computer’s PureVPN Windows App to PureVPN’s desired server.
12. On your Xbox 360 & Xbox One controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to go into the menu.
13. Now, go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings’.
14. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings’.
15. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select ‘Wired Network’.
16. Now, accept all settings and continue for a ‘Test Connection’.
17. Once everything is connected, simply sign in to your Xbox 360 & Xbox One account. And you’re done!
Setup VPN on Xbox Through MAC
If you are using a Mac desktop or laptop and want to share VPN with your Xbox 360 & Xbox One, please follow these steps:
1. First, make sure you have PureVPN’s Mac software installed and working on your Mac device.
2. Connect your Xbox 360 & Xbox One to your computer using a crossover cable.
3. Go to System Preferences at the bottom of the home screen and select the option titled ‘Sharing’.
4. On the Sharing page, select the option titled ‘Internet Sharing’.
5. From the dropdown menu titled ‘Share Your Connection From’, select ‘Ethernet’ or ‘AirPort’ or ‘Wireless’ (depending on where you are getting your internet from) to share from the dropdown list.
6. From the dropdown menu titled ‘To Computers Using’, select ‘Ethernet’ to share from the dropdown list.
7. Place a checkmark on the box titled ‘Internet Sharing’ to enable internet sharing.
8. When the sharing is active, the ‘Internet Sharing’ icon will turn green and the status will change to ‘On’.
9. Now, connect the PureVPN Mac app to PureVPN’s server.
10. On your Xbox 360 & Xbox One controller, press the ‘LIVE’ button to go into the menu.
11. Now, go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘System Settings’.
12. Under the ‘System Settings’ tab, select ‘Network Settings’.
13. Under the ‘Network Settings’ tab, select ‘Wired Network’.
Once your Xbox One detects the internet connection, you’re good to go!
Pure VPN is one of the most trusted VPN providers. Having state-of-the-art VPN technology and excellent infrastructure, gamers from around the world use PureVPN on Xbox and other consoles.
How To Install Kodi on Xbox One?
Kodi is a great open-source media player that has an infinite supply of content on it. Just like there are apps on smartphones, there are add-ons on Kodi. Being an Open Source platform, anyone can create an addon for anything on Kodi and make it available online. This explains why the content supply is infinite.
You can install Kodi on Xbox One in just a few minutes. Just follow the steps mentioned below and get access to unlimited video entertainment on your Xbox.
1. Click the Search button.
2. Search “Kodi”
3. Click Get.
4. The installation will begin. Wait for the installation to complete.
5. Click Launch.
Start using Kodi on your Xbox
If you are already a Kodi user, you would know already how to install addons from official and unofficial repositories. If you don’t, here is a guide to understanding everything about Kodi.
Port Forwarding for Gaming
Since routers block some ports by default, you will have to set up a port forward to play your favorite games without issue. It’s also useful for gaming because it not only stabilizes your connection but also sometimes even makes it faster.
To make the process of setting up port forwarding easier for gamers, PureVPN offers the Port Forwarding Add-On. This means that you can securely and conveniently connect your Xbox console with any server of your choice.
Why Port forwarding for Xbox?
If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox console to communicate with Xbox Live. This configuration change is often referred to as “opening ports” or “port forwarding.”
Ports required to use Xbox Live
These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 500 (UDP)
- Port 3544 (UDP)
- Port 4500 (UDP)
Now that you know how to set up a VPN on your Xbox console, you should wait no longer than you already have. However, if you have any problems, or wish to offer suggestions, you can do so by commenting below, or you can talk to one of our live support agents instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the gameplay speed increase when playing with an Xbox VPN?
In some instances, users who are connected to the VPN network may experience improved speeds. However, for others, they might see a slight decrease in their internet speed. It differs from user to user and the server they’re connected to. The farther the server, the lesser the speed.
- Does PureVPN work on all gaming devices?
PureVPN’s applications are compatible with all kinds of routers and gaming consoles.
- Does a VPN reduce ping?
A VPN will not reduce ping unless there is packet loss by your ISP. In instances of ISP throttling, a VPN may struggle to keep up with the internet speed. The farther and congested a VPN server, the higher the ping. The closer and less occupied a VPN server, the better the ping.
- How does a VPN work on Xbox?
Once you’re connected to PureVPN on your Xbox device, your internet traffic routes through a secure VPN tunnel. You can access and play games that were previously unavailable in your region and so much more.