Get unrestricted access to any library of on-demand movies and videos instantly on your Apple TV from anywhere in the world! Say goodbye to location-blocks, censorships, slow streaming, ISP speed throttling and any other digital nuisance by arming your Apple TV with PureVPN.
Improve you experience further, just get a premium PureVPN account and set it up on either your router or computer. Once done, you can connect your Apple TV for a streaming experience unlike any other.
It only takes a few clicks to set up PureVPN on your Apple TV, and here are three ways you can go about it:
- Connect Apple TV via a wireless router
- Connect Apple TV to a laptop for the VPN via Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Connect Apple TV to a laptop for the VPN using an Ethernet connection
1: Connect Apple TV to a Wireless Router Running a VPN
Follow these simple steps to setup VPN with Apple TV using wireless router.
Step #1: Get a VPN Subscription
To setup VPN on Apple TV, you need to get a VPN on Apple TV subscription first. PureVPN is the best choice when it comes to online streaming. It offers specially-optimized streaming servers that are built to enhance the streaming speed and improve user experience so that you can watch all your favorite and hottest entertainment websites.
Step #2: Get a VPN Router
Second most important thing you need is a VPN router, here are some recommended routers:
– Netgear Genie
Step #3: Setup VPN on Router First
After you select your VPN router, you need to setup VPN account on VPN router according to the details sent by PureVPN. Setting up VPN details on your router is not so difficult, but if you face any difficulty, here’s our guide on how to setup a VPN router. If you have any router from the aforementioned list, you will have no difficulty in setting up VPN on it.
Step #4: Connect Apple TV with Wireless Router
It is very simple to connect Apple TV with the Wireless router; you just need to select the correct network. Switch on your Apple TV device > go to Settings > General > Network > Configure Wi-Fi > Select Your Wi-Fi Network > Enter Password > Done!
2: Connect Apple TV to a Laptop Running VPN & Acting as a Wi-Fi
This is very easy to do. All you need is:
– A laptop with a LAN/Ethernet internet connection
– A PureVPN account
– A PureVPN software for the Operating System running on your laptop.
If you have a Windows laptop, simply download the PureVPN Windows VPN App here
If you have a MacBook, download the PureVPN Mac VPN App here
Download, install and run the PureVPN app on your laptop. I hope you have purchased a PureVPN account by now. Simply enter your username and password and connect to a US server. Once your VPN is connected, all you need to do is convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Here is a childishly easy tutorial on how to convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot by the world renowned technology website, CNet:
3: Setup VPN on Apple TV Via Network Sharing Using Ethernet
While setting up Apple TV VPN using Ethernet you will need your computer that will work as VPN router. To start with the VPN on Apple TV configuration, first you need to download PureVPN software on your laptop or desktop.
Connect your laptop to your WiFi network. Now, attach one end of the Ethernet/LAN cable to your laptop and the other to your Apple TV.
Now, connect PureVPN dialer and select US IP and follow these simple steps:
For Windows Users:
1. Go to “Control Panel” and click on “Network and Sharing Center”
2. Click on Change Adapter Settings
3. Navigate to your Connection properties
4. Under sharing tab, click on “Allow other Network users to connect through this computer connection”
5. This will allow your Apple TV device to connect to the internet via your computer with an Ethernet/LAN cable using the already installed and running VPN connection on the computer.
For Mac OSX Users:
1. Go to “System Preferences” and select “Sharing Option”.
2. Go to “Internet Sharing” and under the option titled “Share Your Connection from” select “Airport” mode.
3. Now, go to “To computer using” and select “Ethernet” so that your Apple TV device can use internet through your Mac device’s Ethernet/LAN port.
Start your Apple TV and take full advantage of your Mac OSX VPN to watch unlimited hours of online streaming via Apple TV.
And don’t forget to subscribe to PureVPN because it is your ticket to all blocked entertainment websites!