Get access to any library of on-demand movies and videos instantly on your Apple TV from anywhere in the world! Say goodbye to location-blocks, censorship, slow streaming, ISP speed throttling and any other digital nuisance by arming your Apple TV with PureVPN.
How to Use a VPN on Apple TV?
The following is a complete guide on how to install VPN on Apple TV? It only takes a few clicks to set up VPN on your Apple TV, and here are three methods that you can use to go about it:
- Connect Apple TV via a wireless router
- Connect Apple TV VPN via Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Connect Apple TV VPN using an Ethernet connection
Method # 1: Connect Apple TV to a Wireless Router Running a VPN
Follow these simple steps to setup VPN with Apple TV using wireless router.
Step #1: Get a VPN Subscription
You need to get a VPN on Apple TV subscription first.
Step #2: Get a VPN Router
Second most important thing you need is a VPN router, here are some recommended routers:
- Netgear Genie
Step #3: Setup VPN on Router First
After you select your VPN router, you need to setup VPN account on VPN router according to the details sent by PureVPN. Setting up VPN details on your router is not so difficult, but if you face any difficulty, here’s our guide on how to setup a VPN router. If you have any router from the aforementioned list, you will have no difficulty in setting up VPN on it.
Step #4: Connect Apple TV with Wireless Router
It is simple to connect Apple TV with the Wireless router; you just need to select the correct network.
- Switch on your Apple TV device
- Go to Settings > General > Network > Configure Wi-Fi
- Select Your Wi-Fi Network > Enter Password > Done!
Method # 2: Connect Apple TV to a Laptop Running VPN & Acting as a Wi-Fi
This is very easy to do. All you need is:
- A laptop with a LAN/Ethernet internet connection
- PureVPN account
- A PureVPN software for the Operating System running on your laptop.
If you have a Windows laptop, simply download the PureVPN Windows VPN App here
If you have a MacBook, download the PureVPN Mac VPN App here
Download, install and run the PureVPN app on your laptop. You have got PureVPN account by now. Simply enter your username and password and connect to a United States server. Once your VPN is connected, all you need to do is convert your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Method # 3: Setup VPN on Apple TV Via Network Sharing Using Ethernet
While setting up Apple TV VPN using Ethernet you will need your computer that will work as VPN router. To start with the VPN on Apple TV configuration, first you need to install VPN software on your laptop or desktop.
Connect your laptop to your WiFi network. Now, attach one end of the Ethernet/LAN cable to your laptop and the other to your device.
Now, connect PureVPN dialer and select United States IP and follow these simple steps:
For Windows Users:
- Go to “Control Panel” and click on “Network and Sharing Center”
- Click on Change Adapter Settings
- Navigate to your Connection properties
- Under sharing tab, click on “Allow other Network users to connect through this computer connection”
- This will allow your Apple TV device to connect to the internet via your computer with an Ethernet/LAN cable using the already installed and running VPN connection on the computer.
For Mac OSX Users:
- Go to “System Preferences” and select “Sharing Option”.
- Go to “Internet Sharing” and under the option titled “Share Your Connection from” select “Airport” mode.
- Now, go to “To computer using” and select “Ethernet” so that your Apple TV device can use internet through your Mac device’s Ethernet/LAN port.
APPLE TV VPN – Video Tutorial
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple TV VPN
PureVPN receives dozens of queries every day related to VPN Apple TV. The following are the most frequently asked questions about Apple TV device.
Why would I use a VPN on my Apple TV?
VPN is an important tool when it comes to your online security and internet freedom. With a VPN, you can unlock any inaccessible website on the web. Limitation related to your geo-location won’t apply if you are using a VPN.
Furthermore, with a VPN, you can enjoy unlimited online security, and anonymity while you are surfing online. VPNs provide you with encryption so that you can stay safe from hackers and surveillance agencies.
What Countries are Available on Apple TV?
Apple TV offers different features and functionalities depending on your location. Users in the US receive the most content providers while those in Australia receive much less. Siri is limited to the following countries:
- Australia (English)
- Canada (English, French)
- Germany (German)
- France (French)
- Mexico (Spanish)
- Netherlands (Dutch)
- Norway (Norwegian Bokmål)
- Japan (Japanese)
- Spain (Spanish)
- Sweden (Swedish)
- United Kingdom (English)
- United States (English, Spanish)
You can find out about apps, features, and content providers that are available in your country on the official Apple website.
Is it illegal to use a VPN with Apple TV?
It is perfectly fine if you connect your VPN service with your Apple TV device. Content providers like Netflix do frown on VPN users and threaten disconnection if you’re found using a VPN.
How to setup Kodi on Apple TV?
To setup Kodi on your Apple TV device, we recommend that you visit our exclusive Kodi VPN guide.