The Arris DG860 router has a built-in firewall that helps protect your network by blocking unwanted access. However, to use specific online applications or services, such as gaming or running a server, it’s necessary to open up specific ports on the router, which allows you to overcome the firewall and route incoming traffic to the appropriate device on your network.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to port forward the Arris DG860 router, so you can easily port forward your router and send traffic to your chosen device.
Requirements to port forward Arris DG860 router
Port forwarding your Arris DG860 router requires a few critical pieces of information, so be sure to have the following on hand before you begin:
- IP Address of your device that you would like to port forward to
- TCP or UDP ports, depending on the application you will use.
- The login information for accessing the router, including username and password
- A computer connected to the Arris DG860 router.
Note: To ensure that you are forwarding the correct ports, check out the documentation or support pages of the applications or services you intend to use.
Step-by-step guide on how to port forward the Arris DG860 router
Having the required information ready, you can now follow these steps to set up port forwarding on your Arris DG860 router.
- Open your web browser, and in the address bar, type in the IP Address or Default Gateway of your Arris DG860 router (i.e., http://192.168.0.1), then press Enter.
- Next, log in to your router using the required login credentials.
- Once you log in, find the “Firewall” tab at the top of the screen and click on it.
- Now, select the “Virtual Servers” option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Then, select the “Add” button in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- You are now on the “Add Virtual Server” page.
- In the “Description” box, you can type any name you want, such as “Game Server,” because it does not affect the functionality.
- When forwarding a range of ports, enter the range’s lowest port number in the left Inbound Port and Local Port fields and the highest in the appropriate Inbound Port and Local Port fields.
- To forward a single port, type in the same port number for the Inbound Port and the Local Port.
- From the Format drop-down menu, choose the type of protocol you want to forward.
- Now, enter the IP address of your device into the “Private IP Address” field.
- Once you’ve completed all the steps, click on the Add Virtual Server button and restart/reboot your router.
Note: Always configure a static IP address on your device so that the ports remain open after reboot. You can check our dedicated IP service here to get a Static IP for your device.
Secure port forwarding with PureVPN
Experience secure and simple port forwarding with PureVPN’s Port Forwarding add-on. And say goodbye to complicated port forwarding!
How to forward ports behind CGNAT on the Arris DG860 router
If you’re trying to forward ports on your Arris DG860 router while behind CGNAT, you will run into problems. CGNAT (Carrier-Grade Network Address Translation) is a type of NAT that internet service providers use to conserve IPv4 addresses. The problem is that CGNAT makes it nearly impossible to forward ports because it changes the IP addresses of devices on your network.
However, the good news is that you can use the Port Forwarding add-on by PureVPN. This add-on is designed to work with CGNAT, so you can easily forward ports while behind CGNAT.
It makes port forwarding as easy as clicking a button, with no technical knowledge required.
Port forwarding add-on by PureVPN
The simplest and most secure way to forward ports!
Are you having trouble forwarding ports on your router? Don’t worry! It’s widespread for people to find port forwarding needs to be clarified and more manageable. But there’s a solution that makes it so easy that anybody can do it.
You are introducing the Port Forwarding add-on by PureVPN. This add-on is developed to make port forwarding as simple and secure as possible. With just a few clicks, you can open any port you need without the hassle. Plus, it is compatible with any router, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues.
Moreover, thanks to its advanced security features, you can rest assured that your ports will be open and secure. And on top of that, your ISP won’t be able to restrict you any more to open ports.
So, give the Port Forwarding add-on a try NOW!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is port forwarding working?
To check if port forwarding is working, you can use an online port checker tool to test if the ports are open. You can also try accessing the service or application for which you are trying to forward the ports. If it works, then port forwarding is successful.
Can you port forward with CGNAT?
Yes, it is possible to port forward with CGNAT (Carrier-Grade NAT) via a Port Forwarding add-on by PureVPN. It’s the simplest and most secure way to open ports behind CGNAT.
How do I port forward on my Arris router?
To port forward on an Arris router, you must log in to the router’s web interface and navigate to the Add Virtual Server page. Then, create a new port forward rule by specifying the ports, the type of protocol (TCP or UDP), and the IP address of the device you want to forward the ports.
Is port forwarding risky?
Port forwarding itself is safe. But it can open up security vulnerabilities if not done correctly. So, you should only forward the ports you need and be sure to keep your router’s firmware updated. Additionally, use a trustworthy VPN service such as PureVPN that offers a port forwarding feature to ensure greater security.