Verizon is a telecommunications company that serves millions of users across the United States and the Americas. It provides a wide range of services to its subscribers, with wireless phone and home internet connections being the most popular offerings.
If you’re in the US, it’s very likely that you use Verizon for access to the internet. However, did you know that providers such as Verizon arelegally allowed to collect and sell your browsing historyto third-parties for a profit?
That’s not all, though. Verizon can slow down certain websites or services as they see fit and has been accused of throttling Netflix and YouTube in the past.
Fortunately, you can solve these problems with a Verizon VPN.
Read on to learn more:
Why Do You Need a VPN for Verizon?
Here’s why you should use a VPN with Verizon:
Thanks to the repeal of Broadband Privacy rules in 2017, ISPs and telcos have the right to profit off your browsing history. This includes the apps you use, websites you visit, videos you stream, files you download, and basically everything.
If you want to protect your internet privacy, a VPN is your best bet. It masks your real IP address with one of theirs, so your online activities can’t be linked to you. Plus, Verizon won’t be able to see what you’re up to online with all your traffic being encrypted instead.
While Verizon has refuted claims of throttling access to sites like Netflix and YouTube, there are red flags that suggest otherwise. If you’re facing slow internet speeds while streaming or downloading on Verizon, you could be a victim of throttling.
With a VPN, you can secure your traffic and communications using bank-grade encryption. Verizon won’t be able to use Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) to monitor and throttle your online activities. The result? A throttle-free streaming and downloading experience!
PureVPN – The Best VPN Service for Verizon!
If you need a good VPN for Verizon, look no further. Here’s what makes PureVPN the best VPN solution for Verizon users:
- Proven No-Log Policy: If your VPN stores connection or activity logs, you’re better off not using it at all. PureVPN’s no-log policy has been audited twice (by Altius IT and KPMG), so you can be sure no records are kept when you use our service.
- Global Server Network: The higher the number of servers, the better. It’s easier to find a server close to you. Moreover, with fewer users on each server, you can enjoy greater performance. PureVPN has a huge network of 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide!
- DNS & IP Leak Protection: With PureVPN, you don’t have to worry about your actual identity getting exposed due to DNS and IP leaks. Our apps come equipped with DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection.
- Bank-Grade Encryption: When you connect to our service, your entire connection is secured using AES -256-bit encryption. In this way, your online activities stay safe from the prying eyes of ISPs, cybercriminals, and governments.
- Simultaneous Connections: Do you have other devices that need VPN protection as well? You’ll be glad to know that a single PureVPN account can be used on up to 10 different devices at the same time, so the whole family can get in on it.
- VPN Kill Switch: IKS is an absolute must-have as it prevents your IP address from accidentally leaking. What it does is automatically terminate your internet when the VPN connection drops or fails, meaning if your VPN connection breaks, we won’t let your Verizon connection work either. You can turn this feature on or off.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: PureVPN doesn’t believe in limiting its users, period. You can download, stream, and browse with peace of mind as we don’t impose any restrictions on bandwidth usage.
How to Set Up a Verizon VPN
The easiest method is to download and install a VPN app on your Internet-enabled smartphone or computer. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to our order page and subscribe to PureVPN.
- Download the PureVPN app for your preferred device (we offer easy-to-use apps for iOS, Mac, Windows, and Android).
- Once installed, enter your username and password to log in.
- Connect to any VPN server of your choosing.
- You’re all set!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions about Verizon and VPNs:
How to Stop Verizon Throttling With a VPN
Just follow these steps to stop Verizon from throttling you:
- Get a PureVPN account if you haven’t already.
- Download the PureVPN app for your mobile device or desktop.
- Open it and connect to a server in a nearby country.
- Clear cache and cookies on your web browser.
- You’re done! Stream and download at throttle-free speeds.
Why Shouldn’t You Use Verizon’s Safe Wi-Fi VPN?
Many aspects of Verizon’s VPN “Safe Wi-Fi” are a complete mystery, such as the level of encryption and protocols used (OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, etc). It also lacks must-have features like DNS leak protection, split tunneling, and a kill switch.
Does Verizon Block VPNs?
Nope. As VPNs are perfectly legal throughout the US (in fact, many people use them for work-related purposes anyway), providers like Verizon have no reason to block their use.
How Do I Turn off My Verizon VPN?
It’s simple, really! Just open the PureVPN app and tap/click the Disconnect button once you’re done using the VPN.
Take Back Your Freedom Today with PureVPN for Verizon
If you want more freedom and control over your internet or cellular connection, using a Verizon VPN is a good idea. You’ll be able to safeguard your internet privacy, bypass bandwidth throttling, and so much more!
If you have any questions, feel free to use the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.