Headquartered in India, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (or simply Jio) is one of the most popular telecommunications carriers in the country. It operates an extensive LTE network across India and supports more than 387 million subscribers, according to recent estimates.
However, you won’t be able to gain access to certain websites and apps as the service has blocked them. Jio is also under criticism for its unfair throttling practices, which result in slower data speeds for users.
If you’re looking to browse the Internet freely with unlimited bandwidth, your best bet is to use a Jio VPN. In this article, we’ll go over how a virtual private network can enhance your Jio experience and the steps to use one.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Jio?
Here’s why you should use a VPN with Jio:
Are you experiencing slow data speeds while streaming or downloading content on Jio 4G? Chances are that you’re being throttled! Many Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and mobile carriers use Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology to monitor online activities and throttle user bandwidth.
By using a VPN, you can hide everything you do online with encryption. Your cellular provider won’t be able to view what you’re doing on the Internet, making it impossible for them to throttle you. This will allow you to enjoy throttle-free speeds while using Jio.
In 2019, Jio blocked access to websites like Telegram and Reddit for a week due to a government order. There also have been reports of users unable to use the privacy-focused search engine DuckDuckGo after the Chinese apps ban.
Plus, if you’re living or traveling outside India, geo-restrictions will prevent you from streaming your favorite channels on Jio TV. With a VPN, you can get an IP address of any country and experience complete accessibility on the Internet.
Need a top-tier VPN for Jio?
PureVPN offers a global server network, foolproof encryption, DNS leak protection, and more. Give PureVPN a try for 7 days totally free.
PureVPN – The Best Jio VPN Service
If you need a good VPN for Jio, PureVPN has got your back. We offer a suite of useful features to help Jio subscribers enjoy the Internet on their own terms, including:
- Shared IPs: PureVPN has a huge pool of 300,000+ shared IPs, allowing you to use the Internet with freedom and anonymity. Since you’re sharing an IP address with multiple users, Jio won’t be able to tie your online activities back to you.
- Robust Encryption: When you connect to PureVPN, all your Internet traffic is secured using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption. This means Jio won’t be able to see your traffic even if they attempted to.
- No Logs: There’s no point in using a VPN if it stores your connection or activity logs – the authorities can request these! You’re better off sticking to an independently audited VPN, such as PureVPN.
- Kill Switch: If your VPN connection drops due to some reason, the kill switch will terminate your access to the Internet altogether. This prevents your actual identity from getting exposed to the outside world.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: With unlimited bandwidth available at your disposal, you have the freedom to browse, stream, and download as much as you want. Bid farewell to slow and sluggish Internet speeds!
How to Use a VPN for Jio
The easiest way is to download and install a VPN app on your Jio-powered mobile device. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Go to our order page and purchase a PureVPN subscription.
- Download and install the app for your device.
- Log in by entering your Username & Password.
- Connect to any of PureVPN’s servers to Avoid throttling and access restricted websites/services.
- Wait a few moments for the VPN connection to be activated.
- You’re all set!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions about Jio and VPNs:
How do I Increase Jio Speed with a VPN?
Wondering how to use a VPN to increase Jio speed? It’s not rocket science, really. Just connect to any VPN server (preferably one that’s close to you) and bank-grade encryption will be applied to the entire connection so that Jio can’t throttle your traffic.
Is Jio Banning VPN?
Yes. Jio has banned a number of proxy and VPN websites in an effort to prevent subscribers from accessing blocked websites in the country. Fret not, though! You’ll be able to use PureVPN without any hurdles on Jio.
Wrapping Things Up
If you pay your cellular bills on a timely basis, there’s no reason why you should put up with a censored and throttled Internet connection. Fortunately, you can experience complete online accessibility and throttle-free speeds by setting up a Jio VPN.
If you have any questions, feel free to use the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.