If you are someone who wants to enjoy your favorite TV channels on your computer or any other device that doesn’t bound you to your living room, then IPTV is the perfect choice for you.
With IPTV you can enjoy not only the regular TV channels but also International TV shows, on-demand video content and much more. In short, it is a complete pack of media entertainment that can satisfy your craving for 24/7 entertainment.
However, when it comes to watching content on it, you will have to look for the VPN for IPTV to get the most from your IPTV.
Read on to learn more about it, why an IPTV VPN is needed.
What is IPTV?
IPTV stands for Internet Protocol Television. IPTV usually comes as a service – such as in the form of set-top boxes –that allow you to watch television channels through your TCP/IP protocols, i.e., the Internet. However, to enjoy your favorite shows on an IPTV in a seamless manner, you need to have a high-speed Internet connection.
IPTV works completely opposite to traditional TV cable services that broadcast all the channels simultaneously, giving users the flexibility of watching a program by changing the channel.
IPTV services, on the other hand, broadcast only one program or channel at a time. In other words, it doesn’t offer simultaneous broadcasting in a single transmission. Users have to select a different program from the menu to request a different transmission streaming the required channel.
How Does an IPTV Work?
Just like you use the Internet at your home or office, IPTV works pretty much similar to it. You usually have to setup a set-top box provided by the IPTV service which you configure as a bridge between your TV and router. When you click on a program to watch it, a request is sent to the IPTV servers that send the request back to the device in the form of data packets. As a result, you get to enjoy the content of your choice.
However, depending on the type of IPTV, it may use different protocols to broadcast the content. For instance the IPTV would use the Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) to broadcast Live Television. Likewise, it also uses the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for different types of contents.
Types of IPTVs
The IPTV services come in three different types:
- Video on Demand (VOD): As the name suggests, you get to select from a wide catalogue of movies and other shows, and you have to pay to watch them.
- Live Television Broadcasting: In this type of IPTV service, you get live broadcasting of the TV channel of your choice over your Internet connection.
- Time-Shifted IPTV: There are many TV channels that make their live TV shows available on the Internet after their first broadcasting. You can later view them at your convenience. In fact, you can record them and even pause and rewind the shows you want.
Why IPTV Is Getting Wide Popularity?
One of the many reasons why users opt for IPTV services is because these services allow users to watch their favorite TV channels live on their computers, tablets or smartphone. In fact, users can bring their set-top box with them on their vacations abroad so they can watch their local content.
Moreover, IPTV is replacing the need of cable TV services mainly because of mobility and partly because of other factors as discussed above.
Why Do You Need a VPN with IPTV?
There are many reasons why you should look for a best paid VPN for IPTV, aka unlimited entertainment.
Circumvent Regional Restriction
There are many users who often wonder, “Should I use a VPN with IPTV?” Since IPTV services offer a wide variety of channels to users, there are certain channels that are limited to the countries that own those channels. For instance, if a user wants to watch a UK specific channel from abroad, the user may not be able to access it due to country restrictions.
Situations like these require the need of a Virtual Private Network, aka a VPN service. When a user connects to the Internet through a VPN, the service allows the user to pick from a wide range of IPTV VPN servers or IPs coming from different counties. So, if a user wants to watch a UK channel from abroad, all the user need to do is connect the VPN, choose the Online UK VPN server and watch the channel.
Bypass ISP Throttling
It is a known fact among the Internet users in the world that their ISP often throttle their connection speed to save bandwidth, and it does so without the users’ consent. Due to continuous ISP throttling, you get to experience slow browsing speed and an utterly slow streaming.
With the help of a VPN, you get to defeat the speed throttling that your ISP does behind your back. Ultimately, you are able to enjoy a buffer-free and seamless streaming on all your favorite services.
What Makes PureVPN the Best Paid VPN for IPTV in 2019?
Is your IPTV not working with a VPN? You should immediately switch to PureVPN.
When it comes to opting for the best VPN for IPTV, it gets a bit difficult to choose from a wide range of services. However, keep in mind that when you choose a service make sure it is not only reliable but also feature rich and trustworthy.
Fortunately, you can trust PureVPN. When you subscribe to PureVPN’s premium VPN service, you can enjoy the following features:
- High Volume of IPs: PureVPN subscription comes with a huge number of anonymous IPs. As a result, you don’t have to worry about getting any IP restricted on any website, because you can re-access the website with a different IP.
- Huge Number of Servers: A huge pool of IPs isn’t the only feature that makes the VPN service ideal for you. The service has a large number of servers in hundreds of countries around the globe. In fact, you will find PureVPN’s servers across the 6 continents.
- Optimized Experience: The best thing about PureVPN is that its servers are optimized to give users an amazing streaming experience. Unlike other VPN providers, you won’t have to go through the infuriating feeling of high pings or latency issues.
The features mentioned here represent just the tip of the iceberg. The VPN service comes with a dozens of other powerful features that give you an ultimate VPN experience.
IPTV VPN Setup
If you are planning to setup IPTV VPN on your Android device, consider the following steps:
- Subscribe to PureVPN
- Download PureVPN application for Android
- Connect to IPTV VPN server location of your choice