How To Install Netflix On Kodi – The Guide For The Kodi Netflix Addon
Do you need to install Netflix on Kodi? Then this guide is for you. We will explain how to get Netflix on Kodi and why using a VPN is important.
Update:newer, better version of our Kodi app is out! We’ve fixed some bugs & introduced major performance improvements. Please upgrade the existing app to version 1.8.0 (if you haven’t already) from here.** If you are an avid user of Kodi, you’re probably searching for a guide on how to install Netflix on Kodi. Right? Well, consider your wish granted, because in this guide you will learn how to setup the Netflix Kodi add-on on multiple devices including Windows, Android, FireStick/FireTV and Raspberry Pi.
Table of Contents
- What is the Kodi Netflix Add-on?
- Why Get Netflix on Kodi when outside the US?
- Here’s How to Watch Netflix on Kodi Using a VPN
- How to Install the Netflix Add-On for Kodi 18 on Windows
- How to Setup the Netflix Kodi on Android
- How to Install Netflix on Fire stick Kodi
- How to Install Kodi on FireTV
- Alternative to the NetfliXBMC addon for Kodi
What Is The Kodi Netflix Add-on?
NetfliXMBC is a Netflix add-on for the popular media entertainment center, Kodi. The add-on is available on the alelec repository and to install it, you have to go through a number of steps. The add-on offers you quick access to every Netflix original series as well as other content. Due to the digital hurdles placed by Netflix, you can’t enjoy your favorite Netflix TV shows and movies from anywhere outside the US. Fortunately, you can access US Netflix on Kodi, regardless of your location by using a Kodi VPN.
Why Get Netflix On Kodi When Outside the US?
Founded in 1997, Netflix has grown into a global household name with its services available in around 190 countries. Out of the dozens of other live streaming channels such as Hulu or Amazon Prime, it is by far the most demanded and popular channel. Plus, as of October 2017, it has over 100 million subscribers around the globe with 50+ million the in US alone. However, Netflix maintains strict licensing policies for its content. For instance, you can’t watch or even access the US content if you live outside the United States. With US Netflix offering such a vast library of content, it doesn’t come as a surprise that people want to watch it even if they are not US residents. Therefore to watch Netflix abroad, you need a reliable VPN Service to do the job for you.
Here’s How To Watch Netflix On Kodi Using a VPN
A VPN gives you access to 80,000+ IPs that allow you to become completely anonymous on the Internet. Since your real IP is hidden and masked with a US one, you can easily access Netflix on Kodi from outside the US. In addition, a VPN enables you to connect to a speed-optimized global server network to ensure that you enjoy a seamless and uninterrupted streaming experience on Netflix.
- First of all, subscribe to PureVPN
- Download and install the VPN repo for Kodi
- Connect to the US server for the fastest streaming experience
- Voila! Enjoy Netflix on your favorite Kodi device with VPN
By following the above mentioned steps, you can gain instant access to Netflix’s limitless gallery with a VPN.
How To Install The Netflix Add-On For Kodi 18 On Windows
Now that you have already installed VPN on Kodi, let’s get down to the business of setting up Netflix on Kodi 18 for Windows:
- To install the Netflix Kodi add-on on Windows, you need to download the Alelec repository.
- Run the Kodi app and click on Add-ons, which you can find at the left-side of the home screen.
- Now, click on the icon at the top-left side of the screen to select Package Installer.
- Click on the Install from zip file option.
- You will be asked to upload the downloaded zip file. Upload the Alelec repository that you have downloaded in Step 1.
- Go back to the Add-ons menu, and select the Install from Repository option.
- Once you are in the repository screen, you will see a list of repositories (if any).
- Select the Alelec Kodi Repo.
- Now from the Video Add-ons screen, find NetfliXMBC from the list and click Install.
- Go back to the Home screen, click on Video Add-ons and open up NetfliXMBC.
- Enter your Netflix credentials and enjoy Netflix on Kodi on Windows.
Keep in mind that even if you install Netflix on Kodi, you can’t enjoy the US or UK Netflix shows from any other regions because of the digital hurdles placed by the streaming service. To enjoy Netflix from anywhere in the world, you will need VPN on Kodi.
How To Setup Up Netflix Kodi Android
Android users can also binge watch their favorite Netflix shows outside the US. So if you want to learn how to install Netflix on Kodi Android, check out the following steps:
- To get started, you need to download the Kodi app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the Kodi app and download the Alelec repository.
- Select Add-ons from the home screen.
- Now go to the Package Installer which you will see at the top-left corner of the app.
- ClickInstall from zip file and find and select the Alelec repository file.
- Once you have unzipped it, go back to the Add-ons and selectinstall from repository.
- Now click the alelec Kodi repo and then go to Video Add-ons.
- In the Video Add-ons screen, find and double-click NetfliXMBC to install the add-on.
- Now return to the home screen, go to Video, then add-ons and open NetfliXMBC to enjoy Netflix on Kodi.
How To Install Netflix On Fire Stick Kodi
Before you learn how to install Netflix on Firestick Kodi, you first need to install Kodi on FireTV. Here are the following steps you need to take before you can enjoy Netflix on Kodi for Fire Stick:
How To Install ES File Explorer
- Plug the Fire Stick into your TV and go to Settings.
- Go to Systems and then Developer Options.
- Now enable all three options: ADB debugging, USB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now go back to the home screen and type ES Explorer in the search box.
- Select ES Explorer and click Download.
- Now open ES Explorer, select the Favorite tab and click Add.
- A small window will pop up with two fields: Path and Name.
- Type http://fireunleashed.com/as in the Path field and type Fire in the Name field. Click Add.
- Return to the Favorite tab.
- Select Fire and then go to Click Here to Install AppStarter.
- Once it is downloaded, press Select on your remote and go to Open File.
- Select AppStarter APK to install. Make sure you run the standard setup.
- Once the setup is finished, click Open.
How To Install Kodi On FireTV
- Run FireTV and go to the Updates option (on the left side of the screen).
- Select Updates and begin the installation by clicking theInstall option.
- Once the installation is completed, run the Kodi app on FireTV to install the Netflix add-on.
How To Install The Kodi Netflix Add-on On FireTV
- Start by downloading the Alelec Repository.
- Run the Kodi app click System, and then go to Settings.
- Go to Add-Ons, click install from zip file, and select and unzip the alelec Kodi repo.
- Go back to the Add-ons and click Install from repository
- Click on the alelec Kodi repo and then go to Program Add-Ons.
- Now click on the Chrome Launcher, and then wait for the “add-on enabled” message to appear.
- From the Add-ons, go to Install from repository, then alelec Kodi repo, and then click VideoAdd.
- Now, double click the NetfliXMBC icon to install the Netflix add-on.
- Once the installation is completed, go to Videos, then Add-Ons, and click NetfliXMBC to launch Netflix.
How To Install Netflix Kodi Raspberry Pi
You can even enjoy Netflix streaming on Kodi from your Raspberry Pi. Check out the following steps to install Kodi on Raspberry Pi:
- Start by installing the NOOBS (New Out of the Box Software) operating system installation manager on your SD card. To do that check out the guide on the Raspberry Pi website.
- Once the installation is completed, boot the device to the NOOB installation manager.
- Install either one of the following operating systems: LibreElec or OSMC.
- Once you are done with the installation, reboot your device.
- Now you can add the Netflix Kodi add-on on your Raspberry PI by following the below mentioned guide.
Note: Download the Alelec repository to install the add-on on Raspberry Pi.
Alternative To The NetflixXBMC Addon For Kodi
NetfliXBMC was a great add-on that offered everything there was on Netflix. However, since newer updates to Kodi have arrived, the addon has stopped working. If you have the NetfliXBMC addon installed on your Kodi, scrap it. Instead, get the addon called Netflix. The Netflix addon is an unofficial Kodi addon, so it needs to be downloaded from an unofficial repository, after you have enabled downloads from unofficial sources in Kodi settings. This addon will suffice all your binging needs! Are you still looking for an alternative to Netflix? Try these addons. They have great content, most of which may not be there on Netflix.
- iPlayer WWW
Netflix is the need of every online streaming lover in the world. It is one of the very few streaming channels that can truly satisfy your urge for binge watching. A VPN is the only weapon in your arsenal that allows you to enjoy Netflix on Kodi outside the US. So, get yourself a VPN now and setup Netflix on Kodi by following the setup guides listed above.