Peer-to-Peer networking, commonly known as P2P, is a quick and reliable way to share files with a large number of internet users. It works like a breeze.
Generally, when you wish to download a file, you normally go to a dedicated server or a network of servers from where you choose your desired file. With Peer-to-Peer in place, any individual who downloads a file(s) becomes an uploader by default. This makes the entire concept of P2P file sharing well-organized and easy for all to access when needed.
PureVPN’s P2P VPN is a network of self-engineered and self-optimized servers that offer the best P2P experience.
With dedicated servers for P2P activities, you get great downloading and uploading speeds while secured with state-of-the-art AES 256-bit encryption.
Peer-to-Peer network has been in the file sharing community for years now and boasts numerous advantages, but as with any other application architecture, it has certain disadvantages as well.
Since the file information gets collected from several sources, the P2P file sharing application is able to download that very information from different sources simultaneously. This speeds up the downloading and uploading process.
As the P2P network involves multiple computers that share the information stored on them, the database of information available is enormous than any other search you make online. A P2P database hosts numerous files that won’t be available if you search for them otherwise which is why they’re popular in nature.
When you’re downloading files from a P2P network, you will experience a noticeable decrease in internet speed on your device. The primary reason is that your internet speeds are dedicated to downloading the P2P files. If your P2P application is up and running, it will consume bandwidth either when its downloading files, or sharing (seeding) it with other networked users that need access to files you have stored on your device.
With any P2P network, security is the main concern as P2P networks are open, allowing anyone to join, putting greater risk on your devices’ and online security. Malware is the most common form of software that damages your device. When using P2P for downloading files, you must take extreme caution as you’re unsure of the information coming from others’ devices.
In today’s time, P2P has evolved into modern P2P networks, it’s actually faster when more users download a file. Instead of taking the whole file from one user, you’re taking smaller pieces from hundreds or thousands of others. Even if they only have a little bandwidth to spare for you, the combined connections mean you get the maximum speed possible. Then you, in turn, contribute to distribute the file again.
Why it is still used?
- Public Distribution For Accessing Public data like Internet Archive
- Downloading Linux Distributions
- Exploring Academic Datasets
- Share large amounts of corporate data
- Pushing software updates.
Have to tell that it's very easy to share your IP to other users. as it's the very nature of P2P this is how this works. Your ISP also can detect that you are using P2P platforms and either they will ban you or set bandwidth throttling limits.
PureVPN boasts self-engineered and self-optimized servers that are designed with keeping P2P file sharing capability in mind:
• PureVPN secures your IP address When you’ve enabled PureVPN, you automatically connect to a remote VPN server which masks your real IP address and assigns you a virtual IP of a different server. A virtual IP, keeps your real identity confidential and keeps your online activities private when you’re sharing files or simply browsing the web.
• PureVPN protects you from bandwidth throttling When connected with PureVPN, you can get around regional limitations and get instant access to the files that are unavailable in your region without detecting your ISP. Your cloaked online image helps you bypass bandwidth throttling and internet barriers that are common among ISPs.
• PureVPN encrypts your entire online traffic With a P2P VPN, any and all files you download or send over the P2P network are strongly secured with the highest graded encryption. PureVPN employs AES 256-bit Encryption which means that no one can pry on your personal information.
• PureVPN provides you Internet Kill Switch PureVPN’s Internet Kill Switch is designed to prevent your internet connection from leaking your personal information in case the VPN connection drops. Disconnections are common and IKS keeps your connection secure by terminating internet access even you encounter a disconnection.
PureVPN offers intuitive and easy-to-use apps for all major platforms which come integrated with P2P VPN as well as other useful features.
· Android: PureVPN offers a fresh P2P VPN feature that seamlessly integrates with the Android app and works flawlessly.
· Windows: PureVPN’s P2P VPN functionality for Windows that faultlessly works when you’re connected to the VPN server.
· Firestick: Make use of the P2P feature when you’re using Firestick.
· Mac: PureVPN’s P2P VPN is optimized for Mac, giving Mac users a sense of security when they’re connected to the VPN.