Durex had ruled the hearts of thousands of Kodi users until was sadly shut down. People have been longing for an alternative ever since, but thanks to the same developers that created Durex, Xanax got released. Simply put, Xanax is Durex reincarnated into something even better. Now that the build is finally available to install on Kodi Leia version, more users are getting in line to get their hands on it.
Xanax seems to be highly inspired by Durex in terms of interface and functionality. Being much lighter in size than Durex, Xanax works smoothly on almost all devices. Xanax features nearly all working add-ons that Durex offered, on top of others. It also comes with a decent collection of video add-ons like Exodus, Deathstar, and Monster Munch, which makes it an attractive pick for streaming fans. In light of all these features, Xanax rightfully made it to our exclusive list of best Kodi builds with zero buffering.
How to Install Xanax Kodi Build
Before we begin with the installation process, please bear in mind that you must enable unknown sources in Kodi. Here’s a detailed guide on how you can enable Unknown Resources in Kodi before installing any third-party build or add-on.
Step by Step Installation Process
The setup process may look a bit tricky, but you can do it easily by religiously following the steps below in ascending order.
- Open Kodi and choose ‘Settings’ from the left
- Go to ‘File Manager’
- Click on the option ‘Add Source.’
- Choose to replace it with Xanax’s source URL
- Type in the source URL below in the tab that appears on the window “http://xanaxrepo.com/repo/.”
Note: The old URL is not working anymore. Use the URL above
- Click the ‘Ok’ button
- Now you need to pick a name for the source URL you added above. Highlight the field under the source URL and give it a name that you can easily remember. Here we go with ‘Xanax’ itself
- Click ‘Ok’
- Now hover back to Kodi’s home screen, open ‘System’ and click on ‘Add-ons’ from the menu placed on the left
- Click on the first icon on the top left that looks like a box to open the ‘Package installer.’
- Click on ‘Install from Zip file.’
- Click on the source name that you used to identify the media source. In this case, it is ‘Xanax’
- Click on the zip file Xanax-repo.zip
- Be patient while Xanax installs on Kodi. You’ll receive an alert once the process finishes
- Click on ‘Install from Repository’
- Open ‘Xanax Repository’
- Click on ‘Program Add-ons’
- Choose ‘Xanax Wizard’
- Click ‘Install’
- Wait for Xanax Wizard to be installed and click ‘Continue.’ You’ll be notified once done
- Choose ‘Build Menu’
- Now you can choose between builds for Kodi Leia 18.1 & 18.2, and Krypton 17.6
- Click ‘Fresh Install’ (recommended) or ‘Standard Install. Whichever suits you best.
- If you choose ‘Fresh install,’ you’ll be asked for permission to restore Kodi to its default settings. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed
- Now, wait for Xanax to be downloaded and installed. The process takes no more than a few minutes, but it can be affected due to the device or internet connection in use
- Now you’ll be presented with two options. Choose ‘Force Close’ as the ‘Reload Profile’ option ends up crashing Kodi 3 out of 5 times anyway
- Enjoy Xanax build on Kodi