The Kodi 18 Leia version took a little longer to release than anticipated, but it was worth the wait. From the retro player gaming support to voice control, Kodi developers have heavily bagged the latest version with some neat features.
The Build 18th had overhauled the famous Kodi Krypton version 17.6 built a few months ago. However, many users still preferred to use the older version due to the initially unstable nature of Kodi 18. But ever since Kodi released its stable build 18.2 for Leia, almost all users have updated their Kodi to enjoy a better streaming experience on the device of their choice.
The latest Kodi 18.3 version, released on 27th June is yet to be called a ‘stable’ build. But with various bug fixes and improvements, users can expect to have a better streaming experience than the previous 18.2 version. So without further ado, scroll down for the step by step installation guides.
Installation Guide for Kodi Leia Version 18.3
The 18.3 version works on all devices that support the previous 18.2, 18, and 17.6 versions.
Installation Guide for Amazon Fire TV and FireTV Stick
There are two methods to install Kodi 18.3 on Amazon Fire TV devices. Before you move forward to try either, make sure that your device is instructed to accept third party apps. Here’s how:
- Go to ‘settings.’
- Click on ‘device,’ then select ‘developer options.’’
- Now enable the option that says ‘apps from unknown sources’
Now that you’ve enabled your Fire TV device to accept third party applications move on the solutions down below.
Method 1: Use the Downloader App
If you don’t have the Downloader App installed already, follow the complete guide below. Users with the app installed may skip the first two steps.
- Go to the search function from the top left of your device’s home screen, type in ‘downloader’ in the virtual keyboard and click on the app’s name
- Click on the download icon beneath the app’s description give your device a minute to download and install it
- Open downloader app choose ‘settings’ from the options on the screen’s left
- Return to the app’s home screen and type in Kodi’s URL http://kodi.tv. Click ‘go’ and let the website load
- Once loaded, click on the green robot which is the ‘android’ logo on the bottom of the screen and it will take you to the Downloads Section on Kodi’s website
- Now click on the ‘android’ logo again, and it will take you to another page
- Click on the blue button that says ‘ARMV7A (32BIT),’ and a new window with a download progress bar will appear
- Once the download is completed, an installation window with Kodi’s logo on it will appear. Press ‘install’ and wait for a few minutes
- Once the installation is done, click ‘open’ and start using Kodi 18.3
Method 2: Use ES File Explorer
The process is somewhat similar to the above with a few changes. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to your device’s home screen and search for ‘ES File Explorer’ application
- Install the app and open it
- Select ‘Favorites’ from the app’s home screen
- Now choose ‘add.’
- Type in the URL https://kodi.tv/download in the ‘Path source’ field
- Type ‘Kodi’ in the space that says ‘name.’
- Select ‘Kodi’ from the list on the screen’s bottom left side, and the download window will appear
- Scroll down and choose ‘android.’
- Choose ‘recommended’ from the tab on your screen’s left
- Click on the button that says ‘ARMV7A (32 bit)’
- Once the download is completed, choose ‘open file,’ and Kodi 18.3 Leia will begin to install
Installation Guide for Windows
There are two easy methods to download and install Kodi Leia 18.3 on your Windows device but make sure that you fulfill the official pre-installation requirements listed below.
- Windows 7 or higher version
- Any x86 or x64 processor
- 1GB + RAM
- 200MB + space available
- Any GPU that supports DirectX 9th version
Method 1: Use EXE File
You can install Kodi 18 manually using the EXE (executable) file by following these steps.
- Go to https://www.kodi.tv/download, and you’ll see multiple Kodi versions for different devices
- Choose the ‘Windows’ icon to open a new screen
- Choose ‘64 bit’ or ‘32 bit’ as per your system’s capability and let the EXE file download. Most Windows systems today run 64-bit application
- Now double click on the EXE file to start the installation process. It may take more than a few steps to finish so be patient and click ‘open’ once its completely installed
- Enjoy Kodi 18.3 on your Windows device
Method 1: Use the Windows App Store
You can install Kodi 18.3 directly from the Windows app store by following these steps.
- Launch the ‘start’ menu on your device and type in ‘Windows store’ to open it
- Once you enter the store, type in ‘Kodi’ in the search tab on the screen’s top right side and hit ‘enter.’
- Multiple options will appear in the search list so make sure that you choose the official Kodi app developed by XBMC Foundation
- Click on the app and choose the ‘get’ button for it to be downloaded and installed in the background
- Windows will notify you once Kodi has been downloaded. Open it and enjoy Kodi 18.3 on your Windows device
Installation Guide for MacOS
You must fulfill the below requirements to install Kodi 18 on Mac
- Device must be running iOS version 10.9 or later
- You must have a GPU that supports ‘hardware video decoding’ and ‘OpenGL 2.0.’
- Minimum 2GB ram, but recommended storage is 4MB for better performance
- Minimum 150MB + space must be available
You can install Kodi 18 on your Mac device by downloading its DMG (Disk Image) file from the official website. Here’s how:
- Go to Kodi’s official website
- Click on the ‘download’ button from the top right corner of the screen, and it will open the page with all Kodi versions available
- Scroll down and choose the ‘apple’ icon below the section that says ‘choose your weapon.’
- Once a new window opens, choose ‘Installer (64bit)’ to start downloading the latest version of Kodi i.e.18.3 and open it once done
- Drag and drop the blue color Kodi icon into the apps folder to begin the installation
- Once the installation is done, try to open it and see if your Mac device lets you run it or not since Mac despises any or all third party applications. If it doesn’t, here are a few quick fixes that you may try:
- Press the CMD key, and right-click on Kodi app then open it to see if that works
- Go to ‘System Preferences’ by clicking on the ‘Apple’ logo on the screen’s top left. Now, go to ‘security and privacy,’ then choose ‘anywhere’ right next to ‘Allow applications downloaded from.’
Installation Guide for Xbox One
Since Kodi Leia 18.3 is now officially available to install from the Microsoft Store, the Krypton 17.6 is no longer available. Here’s how you can install Kodi 18.3 on your Xbox One.
- Turn on the device
- Type ‘Kodi’ in the search bar on the home screen
- Click on the ‘Kodi’ icon to open it
- Click ‘Get’ on the screen that appears
- Wait for the download and installation to finish
- Click the ‘Launch’ button and enjoy Kodi 18.3 on Xbox One