Since the Netflix app is available on the Amazon app store, it can be easily downloaded and installed on Firestick.. Most Firestick devices support Netflix by default; however, some older models may require manual installation. Below, we have outlined two separate methods to install Netflix on Firestick: by direct installation or by sideloading. You can opt for either method.
How to Watch US Netflix on Firestick?
Method 1: Install Netflix Directly from the Amazon App Store
If your newer Firestick model has Netflix available on the app store by default, follow the steps below to download and install it directly.
- Plug in your Firestick device to turn it on, and go to the home screen
- Click on the ‘search’ icon, type ‘Netflix’ in the search bar, and click ‘Ok'
- Open the ‘Netflix’ app from the search results that pop up
- Click on the ‘Free’ or ‘Download’ button available at the bottom left of the screen
- Wait for the Netflix app to be downloaded and installed. Once complete, click ‘Sign in’ to launch the app
- Enter your Netflix credentials (email address and password)
- Now you can stream Netflix on your Firestick device
Method 2: Install Netflix on Firestick via Sideloading
If you can’t install Netflix directly or cannot find the app in the Amazon app store, follow these steps to install it using the downloader.
Since Firestick doesn’t allow you to install any unofficial apps by default, you need to follow these steps first:
- Launch your Firestick device, open ‘settings’, then ‘device’ under ‘My Fire TV.’ Click on ‘developer’
- Enable the ‘ADB debugging’ and ‘Apps from unknown sources’ options
- From the Firestick home screen, click on the ‘search’ icon. Type ‘Downloader’ in the search bar and click ‘Ok’
- Click the ‘Downloader’ link from the search results to open it
- On the app screen, click the ‘download’ button, and ‘Downloader’ will download and install on Firestick
- Once the installation finishes, click ‘Open’ to launch Downloader app
- In the address bar at the top of the screen, enter the Netflix app’s URL and click ‘Go’ to download Netflix APK on Firestick
- The Netflix APK will now be downloaded on your Firestick device once the server connects. Click ‘Next’ once a connection is made
- Then, click ‘Install’
- Now the Netflix app will be available to use on your Firestick device
Why can't I Watch American Netflix on Firestick?
Are connected to a premium streaming VPN? If you are connected to a free VON service, you won’t be able to access US Netflix. With a premium streaming VPN like PureVPN, your geo-location remains completely hidden, allowing you to access content that is not available in your regional content library.
How to Watch Netflix on TV with Firestick
- Plug the Firestick into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Turn on your TV, and select HDMI as its source.
- Navigate to the Amazon app store and download PureVPN.
- Sign up, login, and connect to the US.
- Return to home screen.
- Search for your favorite titles and start streaming.
Netflix is a must-have app for Firestick users. However, if you live outside of the US, you may find that your favorite content is restricted because of your location. While you can still enjoy your regional specific library, using a Netflix VPN allows you to access the American Netflix library.