Best Zoom VPN: Access it From Anywhere Anonymously in 2021
With PureVPN, you can configure Zoom to circumnavigate a country’s restrictions. Using VPN for Zoom you will be able to connect and communicate, while simultaneously hiding your own location.
- What is a VPN & Its Benefits?
- PureVPN – The Best Zoom VPN!
- How to Access Zoom Using a VPN?
- Frequently Asked Questions
With the rapid influx of new users, Zoom is easily one of the most popular VoIP services today. Zoom users, however, are not entirely welcome in every nation. It is no secret that many countries restrict access, either partially or completely, to Zoom’s services. This has led many users to search for the best Zoom VPN.
Users will find several advantages of getting a VPN, such as shielding themselves from any form of digital surveillance. Similarly, if you find yourself in a country that has a ban on foreign VoIP services, there’s no better way to retain access to them than a VPN.
It makes perfect sense that a VPN is considered to be the best and most reliable option in providing access to any app as it masks your IP address. However, there are other questions that users might have, such as “would using a VPN for Zoom affect my connection quality?” “Is there a dedicated VPN for Zoom only?” And perhaps most importantly, “which would be the best VPN for Zoom?”
This guide covers all these questions plus much more on how to properly use a VPN for Zoom and keep all your communications via the app anonymous.
What is a VPN & Its Benefits?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a tool that adds a formidable layer of privacy to your network connections. It connects your device to a server located in a different location, helping you evade any prying eyes over your connection. In other words, it connects you to an encrypted external server that relays your internet activity, thus obfuscating your real IP address and activities performed when you’re browsing the net.
Different users have different needs for a VPN. A VPN can provide you with access to location restricted content, encrypt your browsing activities online, and much more. Here are some of the most important reasons why you need a strong VPN:
1. To Access Zoom from Anywhere
You can configure Zoom to circumnavigate a country’s restrictions. You will be able to connect and communicate, while simultaneously hiding your own location. With a VPN, you connect to a country server that allows Zoom, effectively nullifying any blocking a government may try. Several countries maintain bans on foreign VoIP services for different reasons. A VPN masks your actual IP address, allowing you to evade such bans as it virtually places you in a different country. The following is a list of countries that have partially or fully restricted Zoom:
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
It’s important to note that some of them continue to block the app to this day, whereas others only did so temporarily. By using a VPN though, you don’t have to put up with these roadblocks. All you have to do is change your virtual location to a country where Zoom is available, and you’ll be able to access it in no time.
2. To Secure Your Internet Traffic
When you connect to a VPN before your Zoom sessions, all of your incoming and outcoming data will be secured via 256-bit encryption. In case a third party does intercept your data, it will be unreadable as most VPNs utilize end-to-end encryption.
Government restrictions aside, you have no guarantees that your actual Zoom communications are secure. Through man-in-the-middle attacks, a threat actor can view traffic between networks. With the encrypted connection a VPN provides, however, your conversations stay private. This means whether you access Zoom on public WiFi, or via other unsecure means, you will always be encrypted.
3. To Bypass Bandwidth Throttling
A reliable VPN allows you to bypass any ISP throttling. This is because once you’re connected to a VPN, your internet traffic gets rerouted to a different remote server. This might be important in eliminating any audio or video lag you may be encountering in your Zoom sessions.
If you connect to a VPN service before using Zoom, your ISP won’t be able to tell what you’re doing online. The only thing they’ll see is gibberish code, courtesy of the tunneling and encryption process that takes place. As a result, you can experience throttle-free speeds when making VoIP calls to any corner of the world.
PureVPN – The Best Zoom VPN!
If you’re in the market for a reliable Zoom VPN, look no further. PureVPN comes with everything you want in a VPN for accessing Zoom, which includes:
- Tested No Logs Policy: Your privacy is of utmost priority to us, which is why we don’t store logs of any kind. Don’t take our word for it – a recent independent audit proves our claims aren’t just smoke and mirrors!
- Privacy-Friendly Jurisdiction: We’re headquartered in Hong Kong, where no data retention laws exist of any kind. PureVPN is also far away from the 5, 9, and 14 eyes surveillance, meaning you have nothing to worry about while using our service.
- Global Server Network: With an extensive network of more than 6,500+ VPN servers in over 96+ locations, you have ample choice when it comes to choosing countries that haven’t banned the use of Zoom.
- Fast Speeds: Typically, connecting to a VPN will slow down your Internet speed toa a certain degree. However, you’ll be glad to know that we continuously optimize our servers for speed so that you have fast and stable connections no matter what time of the day.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: PureVPN realizes that bandwidth caps not only reduces the quality of your Zoom connection but also how long you can stay connected. Therefore, we don’t place any limitations on bandwidth usage.
- Mobile Compatibility: Although Zoom works on both desktop and mobile platforms, it’s most commonly used on the latter. Fortunately, PureVPN offers easy-to-use and intuitive apps for iOS as well as Android.
- Security & Privacy Features: We offer AES 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch to protect your Zoom conversations. Furthermore, you also have split tunneling to securely access Zoom and use local services at the same time.
- Subscribe to a PureVPN plan that works for you.
- Download and install your preferred app.
- Once done, log in using your Username and Password.
- Connect to a server location where no restrictions are imposed on using Zoom, such as the United States.
- Wait a few seconds for the VPN connection to establish.
- Now, launch the Zoom app and connect away!
How to Access Zoom Using a VPN?
The process is as easy as 1, 2, and 3. Just follow the steps mentioned below, and you’ll be able to access Zoom from anywhere in a matter of minutes:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the most commonly asked questions about Zoom and VPNs:
Can I Use Zoom in Dubai?
Not unless you use a Zoom VPN as the app is blocked in the UAE. Simply get an IP address from another country in which Zoom is accessible, and you’ll be good to go!
Can I Use Zoom in China?
Without a VPN for Zoom like PureVPN, you can’t! We’re one of the few VPN providers that are still capable of bypassing the Great Firewall of China.
Wrapping Things Up
There you have it. Now you know how to access Zoom with a VPN, you can get started and chat with your friends and family without any hassle. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to use the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!