Gone are the days when people depended on Cable TV operators to supply them with good channels on their TV. With streaming, users can access anything they want, and the options are just limitless. In the last decade, hundreds of streaming services have sprouted across the world.
About Sky Sports
Sky Sports is a streaming subscription which offers more than 10 channels. The service is widely popular in the UK and Ireland, while it has a modest fan base in other European countries too. The network is known for broadcasting sports such as football, cricket, rugby, motorsports, boxing, basketball, and more.
Most people who watch Sky Sports received the subscription in their TV bundle. However, if you are looking to subscribe for Sky Sports only, it will cost you £20/month in addition to a Sky Entertainment TV package. Alternatively, you can take two Sky Sports channels for £22/month, three for £26/month, or all seven channels, plus the Sky Sports Main Event roundup channel, for £28/month.
Kodi is an open source media player which has millions of users worldwide. Launched just a few years ago, Kodi rose to global popularity because of the fact that the content on it is infinite and absolutely free. It can be installed on practically any device that has a screen, connects to the internet, and can be used for streaming.
Just like there are apps on smartphone, Kodi has add-ons. For anything that you want to watch on Kodi, you need to install a relevant add-on, one which can give you access to the content you are looking for. Installing Kodi add-ons is a simple task too. If you are not familiar with the add-on installation process, check out this guide here.
Best Add-on for Sky Sports on Kodi
Fusion is one of the best Kodi add-ons for sports lovers who love watching their favorite sports on Sky Sports. The add-on hardly ever misses out on anything that the channel broadcasts. The good thing about the add-on is that it provides exceptional streaming quality and is almost bug-free.
Here is how you can install Kodi add-on Fusion on your Kodi streaming player.
- From the main screen of Kodi go to Add-ons > Settings
- Select Add-ons option and click on Unknown Sources option to enable unknown sources
- From the home screen, go to Settings > File Manager > Add Source and click None
- Type http://fusion.tvaddons.co and click Done
- Click the text box underneath “Enter a name for this media Source”, type Fusion and click OK
- From the home screen click Add-ons, and then click the Add-on Browser Icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Install from Zip File > Fusion > Kodi-repos > English > repository.leopold.x.x.x.zip
- Now click Install from repository and then click Leopolds add-ons
- Go to Video Add-ons and click Sky Sports Video
- Click Install and wait for add-on enabled notification
PureVPN – The Best Kodi VPN
PureVPN is the best streaming VPN and a top choice among Kodi users. It allows users to access content on Kodi that is not available in their region whilst keeping them safe from threats that can compromise their privacy.
Once you have installed PureVPN on your device, you can enjoy an uninterrupted streaming experience. Moreover, no longer would you need to worry about reduced bandwidth and ISP throttling which slow down your streaming speeds and ruin your overall experience.
See Also – How To Watch Live Sports On Kodi
How to get PureVPN on Kodi
Installing PureVPN on your device is extremely easy. PureVPN has a dedicated add-on for Kodi which you can install by following the steps:
Step 1 – Download Kodi on your OpenELEC device (Raspberry Pie)
- Head over to Kodi’s website.
- Download the file.
- Install the downloaded file.
Once done, follow the method:
Step 2: Download and Install PureVPN Kodi Add-on.
Follow the steps given below to install PureVPN Kodi Add-on on your device.
- Open your browser and visit “https://s3.amazonaws.com/purevpn-dialer-assets/kodi/app/service.purevpn.monitor-1.8.0.zip”
- The file will Download automatically
- Once downloaded, locate the installation file in its folder.
Step 3: Place the downloaded file in USB drive.
Place the downloaded file “service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip” in a USB drive and plug it on the OpenElec Kodi Box.
Step 4: Launch KODI and install PureVPN Add-on for KODI.
- Navigate to Home Page and click “Add-ons.”
- Click the “Files” icon.
- Then click “Install from zip file.”
- Navigate to the USB device where you’ve placed the installation file.
- Click “service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip” for the add-on installation to begin.
Step 5: Setting up PureVPN Kodi add-on
- Navigate to the Add-ons tab and Click PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN.
- When you select “PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN, a new window will appear; click Add-on Settings.
- Enter your PureVPN username and password.
- Select the country or region from where you want to access the content of your choice. Click Display VPN Status to check you current IP and location.
- Click Change or Disconnect VPN Connection to display the list of servers. Connect to the country of your choice.
Done! Now you can access region-specific content Kodi add-ons with complete anonymity via PureVPN’s Kodi add-on. If you are unable to follow the steps through, just watch this tutorial video that will walk you through the installation process.
Do you own a Kodi device other than the one which runs on OpenELEC? Here are the setup instructions for all such devices.
Geo-blocks are a worldwide problem which prevent streamers from gaining access to and watching their favorite sports matches. More so, ISPs around the world are throttling users’ bandwidth, slowing down streaming speeds and ruining their experience.
If you are tired of all such issues related to streaming, and are looking for something that can actually add value to your streaming experience, PureVPN can make that happen for you. It can give you instant access to anything you want to watch and keep you safe from all online threats.