We do NOT keep any logs that can identify or help in monitoring a user’s activity.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users. In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to PureVPN.
When you sign up with PureVPN we only ask for the following information which is collected and kept with us primarily for providing and improving our services to you (“stored data”):
- Email address
- Payment method
Additionally, the following information is also collected:
- Bandwidth use and consumption
- Software analytics and statistics
- Data from emails, live chats, and feedback forms
However, we do NOT store any logs that can identify or help in monitoring your activity. None of the following records are stored by PureVPN:
- Browsing activity
- Identifiable connection logs
- Records of IPs assigned
- A customer’s original IP
- Connection time
- Browsing history
- Sites visited
- Outgoing traffic
- Content or data accessed
- DNS queries generated by the user
You are invisible – even we can’t see what you do online
Our systems, processes and servers are designed not to store any of the above mentioned user information . We do this by design to ensure no data can be stored.
Use of stored data
The information we collected enables us to provide our services to you. We process the information for the following:
- To provide, operate, and maintain our services
- To improve, personalize and expand our services
- To analyze and improve user experience
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners. We communicate with our users for user service, providing updates and other information related to the services, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- To process your transactions
- To improve our contract management
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights
Our VPN connection logs DO NOT collect:
NOTE: In the case of a Dedicated IP addon purchase, a fixed and dedicated VPN IP is assigned to the user which remains in our records for 15 days after a subscription ends.
Bandwidth use and consumption
All PureVPN subscribers get access to unlimited bandwidth, irrespective of how it is used. We keep track of the total bandwidth consumed by a user to make sure everybody is getting the highest speeds and the best possible experience from our product.
PureVPN reserves the right to contact users about bandwidth irregularities and service disruption for other users resulting from these irregularities.
Software analytics and statistics
PureVPN collects minimal connection statistics and reports. None of these include identifiable data or behavior, such as web traffic details, IP addresses and DNS requests.
This collection is done strictly to ensure the best possible service and customer support is delivered to our customers.
PureVPN conducts VPN diagnostics and monitors crash reports to:
- Better understand the functionality of our software
- See how often the PureVPN app is used
- Understand events occurring within the app
- See aggregated usage
- Track performance data
- Track failed connection attempts
We use a number of tools in our client software for the reporting mentioned above. These tools are:
- Google Analytics – Please visit Google’s Terms here
It is the responsibility of our customers to keep their apps updated at all times to ensure compatibility with our terms and conditions**Users are notified about upgrades whenever possible.
Data from emails, live chats, and feedback forms
Other than users’ data, it is important for PureVPN to keep a record of all user correspondence to ensure smooth service delivery and superior customer service. We keep a record of all correspondence, be it questions, complaints or compliments submitted via our apps, website or extensions.
PureVPN uses multiple third-party platforms for customer support and correspondence:
The customer’s name and email address are stored with the third-party platform when they correspond with PureVPN while using any of these services.
International data transfers
Our systems are spread across the globe, which means the stored data is traveling through servers in multiple locations which might or might not be in the customer’s country of residence. While we rely on some third-party service providers to deliver our services, we make sure that the stored data is protected during this process. PureVPN has strict data protection agreements in place with all providers.
It is important for users to understand that their stored data will be transferred and/or processed when required, as it is an integral part to maintain excellence in our services and live up to our Terms of Service.
Security of collected information
With the exception to the stored data mentioned in section 2, PureVPN neither stores any user data nor shares, sells or rents it out to any third party. Hence no such information is kept with us. The only information mentioned in section 2 is stored to provide the products and services required by users which is kept safe without sharing or selling it to any third party.
Security measures to protect your information
All stored data is secured with strong cryptographic algorithms wherever required.
PureVPN takes appropriate measures for the protection of all customer information against unauthorized access, alteration, destruction and disclosure of data. Access to personal customer information by PureVPN employees, contractors and agents is restricted.
It is important for all users to understand that despite the strictest precautionary measures taken, no system can be declared 100% foolproof, protected or secure.
Data retention policy and your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following data protection rights:
- You can always access, correct and update the information you provided to us, within your member’s area profile
- You can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send to you
- You may also request deletion of your personal user profile, if you decide to leave our services completely. You can do so at any time by sending an email at email@example.com. If you request the deletion of your profile, it may take up to a month (30 days) to complete. Your email address will be kept and used to avoid account duplication and creation of fake accounts in your name. Your email address will be deleted only after we receive an explicit request from you to do so
Cookies and PureVPN
PureVPN utilizes different types of cookies to store information related to a visitor on our website. This is done in order to provide the best experience, and to deliver advertising messages and offers that are relevant to our users.
Third-party website links
PureVPN’s website might contain links to other third-party websites. We do not control how they operate their privacy practices nor can we take responsibility for them.
Financial and credit information
As with all online businesses, PureVPN also uses third-party payment processors. All payment data rests with the respective processor. However, some do require us to process the payment. And in such cases we process all payments realtime and pass it on to the processor and chargeback service without storing any data.
However, some do require us to process the payment. And in such cases we process all payments realtime and pass it on to the processor and chargeback service without storing any data.
Consent and age restrictions
The services provided by PureVPN are intended for people 18 years or older. Parents or legal guardians must inform PureVPN immediately about any unauthorized or underage use of our services.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is primarily to provide you our services and may depend on:
- The personal information concerned.
- The specific context in which it is collected.
The only time we collect personal information from users is:
- When the users sign up and enter into a contract with us
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and does not violate your privacy rights
PureVPN encourages all users to frequently check this page for any changes to the policy.
Last updated on 01/12/2022