How to Watch American Netflix on LG Smart TV Abroad
If you have a LG Smart TV, you can use it to stream your favorite shows on Netflix. However, even though you can stream Netflix, you will still be limited to the titles available in your specific regional media library. In this guide, we’ll show you how to watch Netflix on a LG Smart TV, and how to access its American library outside of the US.
Can I Watch US Netflix on LG Smart TV Outside US?
No. The US Netflix library is only available in the US. Even if you have a Netflix account, you cannot access American Netflix outside of the US. Netflix uses an IP tracking system to detect a foreign IP address and block access.
But, there is a workaround you can use.. You can use a VPN to avoid geoblocks and access your favorite TV shows worldwide. Having a VPN on your device allows you to connect to a US server and change your IP address so you can easily access American Netflix on any streaming device, including LG Smart TV.
How to Watch US Netflix on LG Smart TV Abroad
First, you will need to set up a VPN (PureVPN) for your router, and connect it to a US server. Then, follow the steps below.
- Launch your LG Smart TV
- Go to the App Store.
- Search and install the Netflix app.
- Launch the Netflix app using your credentials.
- Start streaming American Netflix.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up a VPN Router
The best way to watch American Netflix on LG Smart TV is to set up PureVPN for your router. Follow these steps to set up your router:
- Open the DD-WRT dashboard and go to ‘Setup’.
- Go to ‘Basic Setup,’ and select ‘PPTP’ from the ‘Connect Type’ drop-down.
- Check ‘Yes’ for “Use DHCP”.
- Enter the VPN server or Gateway (PPTP Server).
- Enter your PureVPN username and password.
- Write “Refuse-eap” in the Additional PPTP Options field.
- Enable DHCP server.
- Click Apply Settings > Save.
- From the top menu, select Status > WAN tab > Connect.
Once enabled, you can easily watch US Netflix on LG Smart TV.
Why Use PureVPN?
PureVPN offers optimized servers for Netflix, meaning you can connect to a US server and enjoy American Netflix anywhere. Plus, PureVPN has affordable monthly plans for every type of streamer.
Aside from Netflix, you can use PureVPN to unlock other streaming websites such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and HBO Now. PureVPN uses split tunneling to maximize your internet speed while streaming Netflix.
The best part about using PureVPN is its 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with PureVPN, then you can get a full refund after a month.
How do I change the Netflix country on my LG Smart TV?
Follow these steps to change your Netflix country:
- Go to the main settings option.
- Click on the Smart TV setting.
- On the change country option, choose Manual.
- Select USA from the country list.
- Open the Netflix app and enjoy American shows.
How do I connect Netflix to my LG TV?
Follow these steps to connect Netflix to your LG TV:
- Connect your LG Smart TV to your Wi-Fi.
- Enter your username and password on LG TV to enable Wi-Fi.
- Choose Netflix by clicking on the NetCast button.
- Use the activation code to sign in into your Netflix account.
- Switch on your laptop > Open Netflix > enter activation code.
- Choose movies to stream Netflix on LG Smart TV.
After reading this guide, we hope you can now watch US Netflix on LG Smart TV. Using PureVPN on LG Smart TV helps you unlock American Netflix without any hassle.