Kodi (formerly XBMC) is an entirely free and open-source media player application developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology organization.
Kodi can be installed on several operating systems and hardware platforms such as televisions and remote controls. Kodi allows users to play and view most online streaming media such as videos, music, and podcasts along with digital media files from local and network storage media.
Why You Need A VPN for Kodi
Millions of people around the globe understand the importance and the capability of a VPN in combating internet-powered attacks by hackers and surveillance agencies.
Apart from the security benefits of using a VPN, it can also be used for fun and entertainment. Those who prefer cord-cutting services over cable TV understand the importance of a VPN service.
PureVPN is a huge believer in internet freedom. Its features allow users to browse anywhere on the internet and stream their favorite content live with best speeds. With PureVPN, you can take full advantage of Kodi and all of its features and services.
How Does a VPN Help with Kodi?
Simply put, a Kodi VPN not only allows internet users to freely browse the internet by connecting to different VPN servers around the world through its global network, but it also masks their IPs, thus making them completely invisible to cyber-criminals, hackers, and third-party agencies.
Kodi can be configured on various devices such as Android, IOS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Xbox, and PlayStation.
With a Kodi VPN, you can do the following:
• Enjoy High-Speed Streaming
You can enjoy streaming content at blazing-fast speed with a Kodi VPN regardless of where you are in the world.
• Easy-To-Install Once-Click Connection
Installing a Kodi VPN is much easier than you think. With a simple click, you are redirected to the download page for a particular device, and the process begins instantly.
• File-Sharing with 100% Anonymity
With the best Kodi VPN, you don’t have to worry about your ISP throttling your speed or third-parties monitoring your internet activities. You are completely undetectable on the web!
Here’s how to setup Kodi VPN on your devices
Note: Setting up Kodi to attain the maximum benefits requires a step-by-step process, which hardly takes much of your time.
Advice: We understand the process contains jargons which might be unfamiliar to you. You’ve got nothing to worry about as we’ve got you covered. Just follow the easy process to get the best internet experience possible.
Step 1 – Download Kodi on your device
DEVICE NAME: OpenELEC (Raspberry Pie)
- Head over to Kodi’s website.
- Download the file.
- Install the downloaded file.
Once done, follow the two methods:
How to Setup PureVPN on Kodi (OpenELEC Krypton – Rasberry Pie)
Step 1: Download and Install PureVPN Kodi Add-on.
Follow the steps given below to install PureVPN Kodi Add-on on your device.
1. Open your browser and visit “www.purevpn.com/Kodi-repo.”
2. Click on “service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip.” A downloading pop up will immediately appear. Check-mark on “Save File” and click “OK” to download the installation file.
3. Once downloaded, locate the installation file in its folder.
Step 2: Place the downloaded file in USB drive.
Place the downloaded file “service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip” in a USB drive and plug it on the OpenElec Kodi Box.
Step 3: Launch KODI and install PureVPN Addon for KODI.
1. Navigate to Home Page and click “Add-ons.”
2. Click on the “Files” icon.
3. Then click on “Install from zip file.”
4. Navigate to the USB device where you’ve placed the installation file.
5. Click once on “service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip” for the installation of add-on to begin.
Step 4: Setting up PureVPN on Kodi
1. Navigate to the Add-ons tab and Click PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN.
2. When you select “PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN, a new window will appear, click Add-on Settings.
3. Enter your PureVPN username and password.
4. Select the country or region from where you want to access the content of your choice. Click Display VPN Status to check you current IP and location.
5. Click Change or Disconnect VPN Connection to display the list of servers. Connect to the country of your choice.
Hooray! Now you can enjoy PureVPN add-on for Kodi.
Enjoy complete freedom to access your favorite content with PureVPN!
How to Setup PureVPN on Kodi (OpenELEC Isengard – Rasberry Pie)
Step 1: Download and installation free PureVPN Kodi Add-on from the website.
1. Open your web browser and visit www.purevpn.com/Kodi-repo
2. Click service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip. On the pop up that appears, select Save File and click OK. Your installation file will begin to download.
3. Once the download is complete, search for the newly downloaded installation setup file in youe downloads and keep it ready to use.
Step 2: Copy the downloaded file in USB drive.
Copy your recently downloaded file, titled service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip, in a USB drive and insert it in a OpenElec Kodi Box.
Step 3: Turn on your KODI Box and install PureVPN Add-on.
Install PureVPN Add-on for KODI from the USB you just plugged in. Follow the below process to learn how to do that, or skip to step 4 if you know how to do it.
1. Click SYSTEM
2. Hit Add-ons.
3. Select Install from zip file.
4. Go to the detected USB device on your KODI Box and view its contents.
5. Click service.purevpn.monitor-1.3.0.zip once to begin installation of the add-on.
Step 4: Configure PureVPN Add-on
Configure PureVPN Add-on for optimum streaming performance. Follow the below process to learn how to do that, or skip to step 5 if you know how to do it.
1. Navigate to Home Page and click PROGRAMS.
2. Go to PureVPN Monitor OpenVPN.
3. Select Add-on Settings.
4. Under the VPN Configuration tab, enter your PureVPN username and password provided to you separately on Email.
5. Select preferred encryption protocol, UDP, TCP or both (optional).
6. Hit OK once you are done configuring the device with PureVPN.
Step 5: Select desired server and protocols
Select desired encryption protocols country, server, and other preferences by exploring the Add-on.
1. Click Change or disconnect VPN Connection.
2. Choose preferred countries and protocols from the available options.
3. Click desired location and protocol once and wait for the connection to establish, then click OK.
5. To disconnect, click Change or disconnect VPN Connection tab and select Disconnect
Setup Kodi on Your Devices
Here’s how you can setup Kodi on your devices:
If that was not enough, PureVPN can be installed on Kodi as well. Here’s how you can setup PureVPN on Kodi. By installing PureVPN on Kodi, you can get unrestricted access to 750+ servers based in 140+ countries with the necessary encryption technologies needed to obscure you against prying eyes.
How to Add Channels on Kodi
Nevertheless, configuring Kodi is one thing, setting up channels on Kodi is another. Just like numerous other open-source platforms, Kodi too does not come packed with a channel library.
To setup channels to enjoy a better streaming experience, subscribers have to install add-ons on Kodi manually. The process is simple, and we have a step by step procedure so that you can add channels on your Kodi device.
Step 1. Launch Kodi
Step 2. On the main menu, scroll to the videos section. Once there, you’ll see File, Playlists, and Video add-ons. Click the Videos add-ons button.
Step 3. On the videos add-on, you’ll come across numerous add-ons.
Step 4. Manoeuver the cursor to the lower-left corner of the screen and tap the Options icon.
Step 5. On the options panel, click Get More. Upon loading, you will be exhibited with numerous broadcasting channels that allow you to stream online. Select the channel you wish to add to your Kodi library. For example, I have selected 1Channel.
Step 6. Once you’ve chosen a channel, an install dialogue will appear. Click Install.
Step 7. The channel add-on will download itself, and you will see a tick mark on the channel’s name.
Step 8. Once it’s installed, click Open.
Step 9. The channel’s content is now ready for streaming. Select a program and enjoy!
Channel1 was just an example. Besides Channel1, you can stream numerous channels on Kodi by simply installing the add-ons just as explained in the process above. Prominent channels include ESPN3, Fox News, ET Canada, BBC, and MTV.it on demand, NFL Game Pass, Disney Channel amongst numerous others.
Kodi is unquestionably the leading platform for finest content streaming. Most importantly, not only is Kodi open-source, but it is also completely free. However, due to loopholes in online security, it is impossible to enjoy the platform altogether.
In the wake of these loopholes, users have rushed towards Kodi VPN services so that they can remain secure on the web while enjoying uninterrupted high-quality streaming of their favorite shows, games, movies on kodi etc.