The past few years have witnessed an immense increase in internet users taking their Internet privacy much more seriously.
Millions of VPN users around the globe understand the importance and the capability of a VPN in combating internet-powered attacks by hackers and surveillance agencies.
What is Kodi?
Kodi (formerly XBMC) is an entirely free and open-source media player application developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology organization.
Kodi can be installed on several operating systems and hardware platforms such as televisions and remote controls. Kodi allows users to play and view most online streaming media such as videos, music, and podcasts along with digital media files from local and network storage media.
Hurdles for Kodi
Sadly, a solution this versatile is plagued by blockades ranging from add-ons restricted to certain regions and accessing content at rapid speeds. To overcome this issue, a Kodi VPN is the most used solution for streaming your most favorite content online.
Why has Kodi VPN become a Necessity?
A need for Kodi VPN has gathered could significance as internet-based censorships and restrictions are ruining the experience of millions of internet users. Plus, cyber threats like hacking, surveillance, and tracking too are a cause of headaches for Internet users.
A Kodi VPN is a solution that enhances your ability to enjoy fast streaming of your favorite content with the help of servers, IPs, and protocols and a VPN for Kodi also helps you stay protected with encryption technologies.
How Does a VPN Help with Kodi?
Simply put, a Kodi VPN not only allows internet users to freely browse the internet by connecting to different VPN servers around the world through its global network, but it also masks their IPs, thus making them completely invisible to cyber-criminals, hackers, and third-party agencies.
Kodi can be configured on various devices such as Android, IOS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Xbox, and PlayStation.
What Can You Do With a Kodi VPN?
With a Kodi VPN, you can do the following:
• Enjoy High-Speed Streaming
You can enjoy streaming content at blazing-fast speed with a Kodi VPN regardless of where you are in the world.
• Easy-To-Install Once-Click Connection
Installing a Kodi VPN is much easier than you think. With a simple click, you are redirected to the download page for a particular device, and the process begins instantly.
• File-Sharing with 100% Anonymity
With the best Kodi VPN, you don't have to worry about your ISP throttling your speed or third-parties monitoring your internet activities. You are completely undetectable on the web!
Here’s how to setup Kodi VPN on your devices
Note: Setting up Kodi to attain the maximum benefits requires a step-by-step process, which hardly takes much of your time.
Advice: We understand the process contains jargons which might be unfamiliar to you. You’ve got nothing to worry about as we've got you covered. Just follow the easy process to get the best internet experience possible.
Step 1 – Setting up OpenVPN on Kodi
With the help of OpenVPN, you can start using Kodi on your devices. Just like Kodi, OpenVPN too is an open-source software application that supports VPN systems for ensuring a secure connection that can withstand numerous dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients.
A thing to consider:
- You must have Kodi installed on your device.
The following process guides you through the setup and installation of add-ons on Kodi.
- Go ahead and switch on Kodi
- Go to System>File Manager
- Click Add Source
- Click None
- Type in the address: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
- Click Done
- Select the box where it says: Enter a name for this media device and enter fusion
- Once done, click OK
- Go to Kodi’smain Home Screen
- Once there, click System
- From the panel, go to Add-ons
- Click install from zip file
- Click fusion
- Click XMBC-repos
- Select English
- Lastly, click metalkettle-x.x.x.zip. Now wait till the Add-on enabled message pops up
- Once the popup appears, click Install from repository or Get Add-Ons on Helix
- Click MetalKettles Add-on Repository
- Go to Program Add-ons
- Click OpenVPN
- Click Install. Now, wait for the Add-on enabled message to pop-up
- Once the popup appears, click VPN for OpenELEC
- Click install. Now wait for the Add-on enabled message to pop-up
Alright great! Now that you’ve installed the required add-ons needed for Kodi to help you enjoy high-speed streaming, you can complete the installation process by configuring VPN for OpenELEC from within the Kodi app.
Step 2 – Configuring VPN for OpenELEC on Kodi
The thing to consider:
- You must have an active PureVPN account.
- You must have Kodi installed on your device.
- From within the Kodi app, click VPN for OpenELEC
- Click Launch
- Once started, click Setup VPN
- Select from the list of VPN providers
- Click Continue
- Enter your VPN username and password (PureVPN username and password)
- Click OK
- On the upper left corner of the screen, click the back arrow
- Click Configure VPN
- Once there, you will see a list of servers. You may select the server of your choice.
- Once you select a server, you will have to wait for a few seconds till you’re connected.
- Upon successful connection, you will be notified by the app.
Congrats! Your setup of OpenVPN on Kodi is complete. You can now enjoy instant and unlimited streaming on Kodi.
Step 3 – Setup Kodi on Your Devices
Setting up Kodi on your iPhone is a simple and easy process that hardly takes much of your time. Here’s a guide on How to Setup Kodi on Your iPhone.
Kodi can be setup on iOS devices such as an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Pro, and iPod Touch. Installation is easy and hardly takes much of your time. Here’s How to Setup Kodi on iOS.
- Apple TV
Got an Apple TV? You can setup Kodi on it and enjoy high-speed streaming with the app. Learn how to Setup Kodi on an Apple TV.
For Mac lovers, Kodi can be configured on their Mac devices. Here’s How to Setup Kodi on Mac.
- Amazon Devices (Fire Stick and Fire TV)
If that was not enough, PureVPN can be installed on Kodi as well. Here’s how you can setup PureVPN on Kodi. By installing PureVPN on Kodi, you can get unrestricted access to 750+ servers based in 140+ countries with the necessary encryption technologies needed to obscure you against prying eyes.
How to Add Channels on Kodi
Nevertheless, configuring Kodi is one thing, setting up channels on Kodi is another. Just like numerous other open-source platforms, Kodi too does not come packed with a channel library.
To setup channels to enjoy a better streaming experience, subscribers have to install add-ons on Kodi manually. The process is simple, and we have a step by step procedure so that you can add channels on your Kodi device.
1. Launch Kodi
2. On the main menu, scroll to the videos section. Once there, you’ll see File, Playlists, and Video add-ons. Click the Videos add-ons button.
3. On the videos add-on, you'll come across numerous add-ons.
4. Maneuver the cursor to the lower-left corner of the screen and tap the Options icon.
5. On the options panel, click Get More. Upon loading, you will be exhibited with numerous broadcasting channels that allow you to stream online. Select the channel you wish to add to your Kodi library. For example, I have selected 1Channel.
6. Once you’ve chosen a channel, an install dialogue will appear. Click Install.
7. The channel add-on will download itself, and you will see a tick mark on the channel’s name.
8. Once it’s installed, click Open.
9. The channel’s content is now ready for streaming. Select a program and enjoy!
Channel1 was just an example. Besides Channel1, you can stream numerous channels on Kodi by simply installing the add-ons just as explained in the process above. Prominent channels include ESPN3, Fox News, ET Canada, BBC, and MTV.it on demand, NFL Game Pass, Disney Channel amongst numerous others.
Kodi is unquestionably the leading platform for finest content streaming. Most importantly, not only is Kodi open-source, but it is also completely free. However, due to loopholes in online security, it is impossible to enjoy the platform altogether.
In the wake of these loopholes, users have rushed towards Kodi VPN services so that they can remain secure on the web while enjoying uninterrupted high-quality streaming of their favorite shows, games, movies etc.