British humor is well-renowned across the world. The dry wit and instant comebacks are a staple of many classic British shows like Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, and Only Fools and Horses, among others. The modern catalog of British shows is no different, with some of the most popular ones streaming on Channel 4. Unfortunately, Channel 4 also happens to be geo-restricted, meaning audiences outside the UK cannot watch them…or can they?
Well, they can if they use the best VPN on the market. So, read on below to learn how you can unlock and watch Channel 4 in the US.
Watch Channel 4 in the US Using These Simple Steps
Channel 4 is one of the most popular networks in the UK. Unsurprisingly, it has some extremely popular shows on its catalog, further increasing its demand. Unfortunately, Channel 4 is geo-restricted, meaning you need to be in the UK to watch it online. But fret not, using a few simple steps, you can start watching Channel 4 in the US, Canada, Australia, or from any part of the world. These steps are listed below:
- Subscribe to PureVPN.
- Download and install its Windows or macOS client.
- Open PureVPN and connect to any of its UK servers.
- Go to www.channel4.com and enjoy watching Channel 4 in the US or from anywhere.
Access Channel 4 Live Stream in the US
If you want to access Channel 4 live streams online for free, you’ll need an account. However, if you’re not in the UK, you won’t be able to create that account. This is where PureVPN can help you out in unlocking and watching Channel 4 in the US.
Here’s how to get started in a few simple steps:
- Subscribe to any PureVPN package.
- Now download and install PureVPN client or app on your Windows, macOS, Android, or iOS device.
- Open PureVPN and connect to any UK server.
- Now go to Channel 4’s website and click on “Start your 14-day free trial”.
- Click on Register if you don’t already have an account.
- Fill in the account info. When it asks for a postal code, use any British postal code you want [Tip: M13 9NP is the code for Manchester]
- Click on Register to complete your account creation.
- Now, go to the homepage and click on “Live TV” to enjoy Channel 4’s live stream for free.
How To Download the Channel 4 App in the US
Since Channel 4 is geo-restricted, you can’t just go to the App Store or Play Store to download it. It’s a little more complicated than that, but follow these steps and you’ll be good to go:
Download Channel 4 for Android
Here’s how to download Channel 4 on your Android device:
- Connect to any of PureVPN’s UK servers.
- Open Play Store, then click on Add Another Account (ideally, use a Gmail address you’ve never used before).
- Once done, search for Channel 4 or All 4 in the search bar from the new account.
- Install and log in to Channel 4 to enjoy watching your favorite shows.
Download Channel 4 for iOS
Here’s how to install Channel 4 on your iOS device:
- Go to the Apple ID page and change location to the UK.
- Connect to PureVPN’s UK servers.
- Now, go to the App Store and search for Channel 4 or All 4 app.
- Download the app and enjoy streaming.
Popular Channel 4 Shows To Watch
Channel 4 is a collection of different channels that regularly broadcast some of the best content British TV has to offer. Some of the most popular shows you might want to consider watching include:
- The Great British Bake Off
- One Tree Hill
- Married at First Sight Australia
- Teen First Dates
- Catching a Killer
- Treasure Island with Bear Grylls
- Ackley Bridge
For the complete list of shows airing on Channel 4, you can click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some other questions you might have about accessing Channel 4:
Is Channel 4 Available in the US?
No, Channel 4 is a geo-restricted channel, only available in the UK. If you try and access it from outside the UK without a VPN, you’ll get a “Not Available. Only available in the UK” error.
Can I use a free VPN to access Channel 4?
Once you know how helpful VPNs can be, it’s only natural to wonder, “well, why can’t I opt for a free VPN?”. Free VPNs are a classic case of talking the talk but not being able to walk the walk. Most free VPN services have considerably limited resources, rendering them incapable of unlocking geo-restricted sites.
If you’re ever lucky to find one that does unlock, you’ll then likely end up with slow bandwidth and speed throttling, both of which ruin your streaming experience. The wisest option is always to go for a paid VPN such as PureVPN, which can unlock every major geo-restricted site without compromising your speed or privacy.
What is Channel 4 DRM Not Enabled Error 3307?
This is an error you might get if you’re trying to access Channel 4 on Chrome and don’t give www.channel4.com permission to access your system. Simply click Allow when prompted, or ideally, restart Chrome, to avoid this error.
Can I watch Channel 4 live on my Xbox?
Yes, Channel 4 is completely compatible to run on both your Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. However, since the same geo-restriction principles also apply to gaming consoles, you’ll need PureVPN on your Xbox console to continue having the best streaming experience.