How to Connect to Heathrow Airport WiFi (LHR)
Just follow these simple steps to connect to Heathrow Airport WiFi:
- Go to your WiFi settings
- Look for SSID named: _Heathrow Wi-Fi
- You are now connected
How to Connect to Heathrow WiFi for Free?
Simply, connect to the “_Heathrow Wi-Fi” network via your WiFi settings and enjoy free Heathrow WiFi. You use Free WiFi for the next 4 hours, however if you are a member Heathrow Rewards Loyalty Program then you can use Free WiFi for 8 hours.Do keep in mind that Heathrow Airport provides Free WiFi, not Fast WiFi, you will get internet speed usable for smartphones but not enough to get any serious work done.
How to Connect to Heathrow Airport WiFi on iOS
- Go to Wi-Fi settings from Home screen
- Toggle on Wi-Fi
- Select _Heathrow Wi-Fi from options to connect
How to Connect to Heathrow Airport WiFi on Android
- Go to your Android Settings
- Tap Wi-Fi under Wireless & Networks
- Select and tap _Heathrow Wi-Fi to connect
How to Connect to Heathrow Airport WiFi on Windows
- Go to Control Panel
- Find and click Network and Internet
- Go to Network and Sharing Center
- Go to setup a new connection or network
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network
- Type _Heathrow Wi-Fi in the Network Name field
- Select WPA2-Personal as Security Type
- Click Start this connection automatically
- Click Next
How to Connect to Heathrow Airport WiFi on Mac
- Click the WiFi icon on the menu bar
- Turn on the WiFi
- Look for _Heathrow Wi-Fi
- Click Next
Interesting Facts about Heathrow Airport
- The airport offers flights to 200 destinations in 85 countries
- In 2018, it handled the cargo volume of roughly 1.70 million metric tons
- Terminal 5 deals with the most number of passengers, approximately around 32 million
- Every year, it deals with 84 airlines
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Is there time limit for Heathrow Airport Free WiFi?
Yes, Free Wifi lasts 4 hours and 8 hours if you’re a member of the Heathrow Rewards Loyalty program.
Do I need to register to use Free WiFi at Heathrow Airport?
Yes, you need to register before using Heathrow Airport Free WiFi services.
Is there any paid WiFi at Heathrow Airport?
Yes, Heathrow Airport offers premium WiFi services for £4 for 4 hours which is 5 times the speed of Free WiFi offered by them.
Why Should I Use a VPN on a WiFi Connection?
Free or public WiFi hotspots rarely use secure protocols and passwords. It is because of that public WiFi can be hijacked by hackers. Even if that’s not the case, hackers can create fake WiFi hotspots that are malicious. If any user joins a malicious network, their data, as well as online privacy, can be at risk. Therefore, users should use a virtual private network to bar hackers from breaching their devices or data. How? A VPN uses encryption and security protocols to protect data or network traffic against prying eyes.
Benefits of a VPN While Traveling
- Get around the internet censorship
- Make completely secure transactions online from any WiFi
- Hide all the browsing activities on any wireless or local network
- Access social media apps or services that are blocked in the region
- Find the cheapest airfares as well as rental rates
- Access and stream your favorite content online from anywhere