How To Watch BBC iPlayer On Kodi
In this guide, you will learn how to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi from anywhere outside the UK by using addons and a VPN. Try PureVPN and stream BBC iPlayer on Kodi.
**Update: A newer, better version of our Kodi app is out! We’ve fixed some bugs & introduced major performance improvements. Please upgrade the existing app to version 1.5.0 (if you haven’t already) from here.**
BBC iPlayer is the most popular on-demand and live streaming service in the UK, where you can watch live TV channels, listen to recorded and live radio broadcasts, catch up on TV shows and programs you missed, as well as view other exclusive content.
Since BBC iPlayer only works in the UK, you will not be able to access and watch it from abroad. Similarly, when you try to watch a TV show with iPlayer WWW – BBC iPlayer’s official Kodi add-on – the following error will pop up.
In this in-depth guide, we will show you exactly how to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi from anywhere in the world. But before we move on to that, let’s take a closer look at why it’s so important to have a VPN for Kodi.
Table of Contents
- Why Use a VPN with Kodi?
- Get BBC iPlayer on Kodi
- How to Install BBC iPlayer on Kodi
- How to avoid BBC iPlayer Restriction
- A Short Review – iPlayer WWW Add-on
- Final Word
Why Use a VPN With Kodi?
Numerous Kodi add-ons are geo-restricted, which means they can only be accessed from certain regions. To get around these digital hurdles and watch the content on any Kodi add-on, you will have to spoof your real location.
This is where a Virtual Private Network (VPN) comes into play and allows you to change your virtual location to that of any country in the world so that you can enjoy uninterrupted access to all Kodi add-ons and their content.
Get BBC iPlayer On Kodi
Kodi thrives on add-ons. Its add-ons are what keeps the community actively engaged in streaming activities. As with other geographical limitations in place, Kodi add-ons are also subject to being blockeds, which means you can only access them from specific regions. Fortunately, there is an ingenious way to get around this regional limitation, and it’s known as a VPN.
With a Virtual Private Network like PureVPN, you can gain instant access to any Kodi add-on and spoof your real location to virtually any country of the globe. Enjoy a seamless internet connection and access to all Kodi add-ons and their content with PureVPN.
How To Install BBC iPlayer On Kodi
BBC iPlayer offers a wide range of TV shows, movies, documentaries, news, and sports for your streaming pleasure. However, before you can use the official add-on to watch your favorite British content, you will first have to install it:
1. Open Kodi V17 and select Add-ons from the home screen menu.
2. Click on the Package symbol at the top left corner.
3. Select Install from Repository.
4. From the list, select Kodi Add-on repository.
5. Now, select Video add-ons.
6. Select iPlayer WWW from the list.
7. Select Install at the bottom right.
8. Wait for the add-on installed notification.
9. Voila! You have successfully installed the iPlayer add-on on your Kodi device.
How To avoid BBC iPlayer Restrictions
Now that you know how to get BBC iPlayer on Kodi, let’s discuss how to avoid its restrictions with PureVPN. As mentioned earlier, if you try to stream a movie or TV show on iPlayer WWW from abroad, you will get an error message stating that BBC iPlayer can be watched in the UK only.
Well, here’s how to get around this error once and for all:
1. From the home screen menu, select Add-ons.
2. Scroll down and select Program Add-ons.
3. Navigate to the PureVPN add-on, hold the enter button down for a few seconds, and then select Settings.
4. After you have entered the Username and Password provided by PureVPN, select OK and launch the add-on.
5. Select Change or disconnect VPN connection.
6. Scroll down, and select United Kingdom (UDP).
7. Wait a few seconds for the VPN connection to establish.
8. Once the connection has been established, you can go ahead and enjoy the content you want on iPlayer WWW.
9. Navigate to iPlayer WWW, hold the enter button down for a few seconds, and then select Settings.
10. Swipe the Enable BBC ID toggle, enter your Username and Password, and select OK.
11. Once done, launch the iPlayer WWW add-on and enjoy streaming the content you want without any hurdles!
Stream BBC iPlayer On Kodi With BBC iPlayer Add-on (Short Review)
The BBC is a globally renowned channel, and its BBC iPlayer is no different. The streaming media player is available on a wide range of devices, including mobile phones and tablets, personal computers, and smart televisions.
With hundreds of channels, BBC iPlayer produces some of the best comedies, dramas, documentaries, and other programs that are loved by the audiences. The best part is that it has NO commercials in between that might ruin your streaming experience.
When connected with PureVPN, you can access the BBC iPlayer add-on and conveniently stream all of the BBC’s live streaming and on-demand content on Kodi. The add-on is known to work well most of the time, without compromising on HD streaming.
The layout of the add-on is nicely done, where you can easily find the content, you’re looking for. It could be a TV show, movie, program, or a documentary, BBC iPlayer hosts a lot of content.
If you’re interested to know the types of content offered by BBC iPlayer before you head over and subscribe, here’s the list of genres they offer:
- Reality Shows
- News and Current Affairs
For all the IPTV fans out there, you will be happy to know that the BBC’s channels can be live streamed for free with the iPlayer WWW add-on. Since it’s an official Kodi add-on, you will find the user experience and content quality to be excellent, with top-quality streams, detailed descriptions for each show/episode, as well as self-explanatory menus.
That’s all it takes to configure the BBC iPlayer add-on on Kodi. Couple it with PureVPN and you’re in for a fantastic streaming experience like never before.
Get around regional limitations and stream BBC iPlayer, whether you’re traveling local or international. Simply follow the guidelines mentioned above, and you’re good to go.