How to Uninstall Chromium
Chromium is an open-source project that forms the Google Chrome browser’s foundation. Still, malware scripters are using this name to push out malicious code on your Windows-based PCs.
The virus can infiltrate your system, even if you don’t use your Chrome browser. There are many browsers with malicious intent who snoop on your system and make it vulnerable to attacks. They could track you, steal data, compromise your system resources, and even engage in identity theft.
Some of the examples of chromium browsers are the beagle, BrowserAir, East, Fusion, and many others that participate in malware attempts to take over your system.
The most common gateway methods for chromium viruses are freeware downloads in bundleware and spam emails. These viruses can trail inside your system. It is increasingly vital that you be informed that any third-party offers are not hidden underneath the advanced or custom install option.
Once inside, this malware can take control of file integrations, overtake URL associations, and automatically make it a default browser.
For your utmost security, you must avoid downloading files from untrustable sources. You can also encrypt your data and traffic with VPN so that no cyber-criminal can invade your privacy.
How to get rid of chromium malware
If you identify that your system has been infected with the chromium virus. It would help if you did the following:
- Close all your running browsers and search for the Task Manager in the search box of your taskbar. Once the task manager is open, search for chromium.exe with a logo similar to Google chrome but would be blue. Destroy all the chrome.exe or chromium.exe processes that are visible
- Open the Control Panel and look for Programs and Features section and in that identify if you see any chromium or suspicious malware app. If it’s there, uninstall the program. Moreover, an internal process will be to direct towards your “C:UsersusernameAppDatalocal” hidden folder and delete the chromium folder. If you used the chrome browser, this folder would automatically generate the original data.
- Next, open all your browsers and, in its Settings, look for any extensions or add-ons that have been recently installed. If you identify any suspicious activity, instantly uninstall and remove it.
It’s also recommended to use any genuine anti-virus software to scan through the entire system. A software that can detect Browser Hijackers and unwanted software, and uninstall it as well. Finally, you might want to have CCleaner on your system to clear up all residual junk files and malicious cached data.
What is chromium virus?
The chromium virus is a malicious web browser produced using Chromium codebases. It is competent to overwrite the original Google chrome virus script. It can switch extensions and change the search engine default on your browser. There are several ways chromium viruses to crawl in your system.
Some of these include downloading from a virus-infected link or a fake pop-up alert to install the software. You might have sometimes installed it, while at times, the signs of the download will show up at a later stage.
Signs the chromium virus is on your system
- The default page of your web browser seems to have changed by random
- The number of advertisements has increased
- There are High CPU usage and sluggish system performance
- You are quarantined from using installed software and other programs
- The search page has changed when selected new tab
If you notice any of those symptoms, it becomes necessary to remove chromium virus from your PC. How to get rid of chromium virus can be done simply by installing Cleaner or antivirus program like Panda Security or just reset the system settings manually.
How to remove chromium virus from your PC
If the malware had been downloaded on your system, it requires uninstalling it. Below mentioned are steps on how to delete chromium virus on multiple platforms.
Remove chromium on windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Click start logo on your taskbar
- Type Control Panel in the search bar
- Once directed to control panel window, head to Program and Features section
- Choose Uninstall a program and select chromium or any other malicious software
- Remove chromium on PC
- Click “Start” on the bottom left corner of the screen
- Select “Settings”
- Click “Control Panel”
- Select “Add or Remove Programs” and uninstall chromium
Uninstall chromium from Mac OS X
- Locate “Finder” at the bottom left of your screen
- Select “Applications” on the left panel
- Locate the chromium app using the search function
- Drag the app to the Trash Bin located on the lower right side of the screen
- Right-click the trash with your mouse and select “Empty Trash”
How to delete chromium malware from your internet browser
Even if your chromium malware is removed from your computer system, there may be other malware attached to the item you’ve downloaded. To eliminate any of these add-ons, we have a step-by-step instruction guide to remove adware from your browser
- Remove malware from internet explorer
- Click the Settings wheel on the top right corner of the browser window
- Click “Manage Ad-ons”
- Find any recently added extensions that you doubt are malicious
- Select the doubtful entry and remove it accordingly
Remove malware from Google Chrome
- Select the menu icon on chrome located on the top right corner of your browser window
- Select “More Tools”
- Tap on “Extensions”
- Identify any suspicious ad-ons and extension to eliminate and then select “Remove”
Remove malware from Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu on the top-right screen
- Choose “Ad-ons”
- Tap “Extensions”
- Remove any recently installed infected plugins
Remove malware from safari
- Launch Safari browser on your system and select safari located on the top left bar of your home screen
- Choose “Preferences”
- Choose “Extensions”
- Locate recent suspicious extensions and click “Uninstall”
While the chromium virus may not corrupt your system, it can make your browser vulnerable to extreme viruses that can later redeem your PC unusable.
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete my account of Skype
- How to delete zoom account
- How to delete youtube video
- How to delete discord account
- How to Remove Gmail Account from Your Smart Device
- How to Delete Your Google Search History Permanently
- How to Stop Someone from Spying On Your Cell Phone
- How to Permanently Delete Your Yahoo Account
- How to Delete Google Photos
- How to Protect Your Webcam from Being Hacked
- Delete Firefox Search Browsing History
- How to Hide Browser History from ISP
- How to Wipe A Phone
- How to Spoof your Location
- How to Delete Your Google Voice History
- How to Delete Safari on Mac or iOS
- How to Delete Pokémon Go Account Permanently
- How to Uninstall Dropbox from Your Desktop or Mobile