How to Delete Pokémon Go Account Permanently
At its peak, Pokémon Go had over a billion downloads. The popular app has grave privacy concerns leading people to delete the app altogether.
Don’t let apps get a hold of your private data. Get to experience supreme encryption via VPN
Read on to learn more about the complete tutorial on account deletion and the additional measures to protect your privacy.
- Pokemon Go Profile: Why Should You Delete It?
- Types of Information It Collects
- How Your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) Can Be Compromised?
- How to Delete Pokémon Go Profile Permanently
- Go Beyond to Protect Your Privacy
Pokemon Go Profile: Why Should You Delete It?
Privacy is not only a hot topic of the century but a genuine concern of billions of people connected to the digital space. And Pokémon Go is just another cog in the gear that has escalated the concerns to another level.
For starters, it isn’t the company alone that might take advantage of your data. There are also third-party developers involved in creating fake Pokémon Go apps to lure in unsuspecting users.
Secondly, and more importantly, there are the troublesome data collection policies designed by the company.
For instance, your location on the GPS and your camera aren’t the only components accessed by the company. Here is the information that the company retains when you agree to accept their policies while signing up:
- It collects and stores, your name, date of birth, Google email id, Facebook email id, and your Pokémon Trainer Club id. If you are creating the account on behalf of an underage kid, you would have to supply the company with added information like the first and last digits of your social security number.
How Your Personal Identifier Information (PII) Can Be Compromised?
With a heavy volume of user data out there like a sitting duck, there’s no way a cybercriminal – opportunists included – would leave it untouched.
- For starters, hackers are already adept at breaching the location trackers on the device to pinpoint the actual location of any user.
- Secondly, the game continuously uses the camera to deliver the AR gameplay. As a result, the mechanism has a potential capability of recording the users’ video, which any notorious cybercriminal would be able to hack with ease.
- Moreover, the developer and the company have the complete rights to use the information as they see fit. For instance, in case of a merger or acquisition, the company would probably handover the treasure trove of data without betting an eye.
- There’s also a potential risk of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. In fact, the data center of the gaming platform had been DDoSed in the past by two notorious hacker groups. One group even claimed that they attacked it to show the weak security of the servers and they would do it again if the vulnerability isn’t fixed.
How to Delete Pokémon Go Profile Permanently
With so much at stake, there’s no other choice left for you but to erase Pokémon Go profile and prevent getting your data “abused” by cybercriminals.
Erasing the profile and account of Pokémon Go isn’t as straightforward as you’d expect from other services, i.e., there’s no “delete account” button. To remove the account, you would be required to fill out the delete request form, which is available on the official support website.
Once you fill out and submit the form, it would take a few weeks to get processed. After the approval, all your data will be removed permanently. As a result, you would need a new id should you wish to play the game again in the future.
Delete your Pokemon GO account Step-by-Step
- Go to Pokémon Go support website by clicking this link.
Enter your email address and username in the request form.
Select delete my account in the Pokémon Go: Issue Category dropdown menu.
Write the reason for closing your pokemon go account.
Enter the captcha then click submit to delete the account permanently.
Go Beyond to Protect Your Privacy
Since privacy is and always will be the major concern for such drastic steps, deleting one application won’t stop intruders or cybercriminals, for that matter. It is always recommended to take added necessary measures to protect your privacy such as installing a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
PureVPN arms you with the power of military-grade encryption and absolute anonymity. With our 256-bit encryption technology, you are guaranteed to get maximum data protection against every forced or unauthorized access. Plus, with the added anonymity features and functionalities, you will be able to keep all types of privacy breaches at bay.
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete TikTok Account
- How to delete or deactivate your Instagram Account
- How to Permanently Delete your Twitter Account
- How to Permanently Delete Kik Account
- How Does Facial Recognition Work
- How to Delete Your OkCupid Account Permanently
- How to Fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Remove Exif and Metadata from Photos
- How to tell if Your Phone is hacked
- How to Uninstall Chromium
- How to Delete Facebook Messenger
- How to Delete Telegram Account
- How to Delete Tinder Account
- How To Close Your Amazon Account
- How to Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently
PureVPN is No-Log Certified!
PureVPN’s No-Log policy has been validated by one of the leading US-based Independent Auditor. Not only is PureVPN the fastest, but also a verified No-Log VPN provider!