Delete Firefox Search Browsing History
Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular web browsers owned by the Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary Mozilla Corporation. This browser is open source and is absolutely free to use. Ranking second after Chrome in terms of usage, Firefox is used by millions of web surfers across the globe. It’s known for providing a smooth web surfing experience to those who love browsing the internet.
This guide will help you in deleting your firefox browsing history as you scroll down, but before that, if you want to amplify your online privacy and looking for more other ways to do so, so look no further.
Table of Content
- What Mozilla can do with your Browsing History?
- How to delete Search and Browsing History from Firefox?
- How do I clear my History?
- How to make Firefox clear your history automatically?
- How to delete cookies?
What Mozilla can do with your Browsing History?
While there are plenty of benefits of using Mozilla Firefox, keeping your browsing history safe and private is not one of these. You may have heard the term: “If you’re not buying the product, then you are the product.” The same can apply to Mozilla Firefox as well.
In the modern digital age, big products cannot survive for too long without adequate funding. We have discovered how Google and Facebook use our private data for their own benefits by selling it to anyone willing to pay in buckets. It would be a mistake to assume that other companies like Mozilla may not think the same way or face the same pressure of keeping the till ringing.
Plenty of our data is recorded when we use Mozilla Firefox to surf the web. You can actually see your search history and browsing activities recorded directly inside the app. All this data can be used by Mozilla, or any other entity for their financial benefits.
If you’ve heard about search advertising, you would understand that your private data is used to create your own profile which states specifically what are your likes and dislikes. This data is then sold to advertising companies, who then create personalized ads especially tailored for you, and bombard you with the most alluring and flavorful ads.
Even if your data is not used in such a manner, you still may not want your browsing history to be recorded inside the app for everyone to see. Your online searches may revolve around things that you wouldn’t want to show to anyone else. In such a scenario, it is always better to delete your browsing and search history before it gets into the hands of any other person against your will.
If you want your personal life to remain personal, then it would be better to delete your search and browsing history altogether from Firefox.
How to delete Search and Browsing History from Firefox?
It is easy to delete your search and browsing history from your Firefox browser. The following methods will help you delete your search and browsing history from Firefox:
How do I clear my History?
- Click the Library button
- Go to History
- Click Clear Recent History
- Select how much history you want to delete
- Click the drop-down menu next to “Time range to clear” to choose how much of your history you want to clear
- Mark the check boxes of information you want to clear from your history
- Click Clear Now
The items you’ve selected will be cleared from your history.
How to make Firefox clear your history automatically?
The following steps will turn on the feature that deletes all your browsing history automatically every town you close your Firefox browse:
- Click the menu button
- Choose Options
- Select the Privacy & Security panel
- Go to the History section
- In the drop-down menu: choose “Use custom settings for history”
- Check the box for “Clear history when Firefox closes”
- To specify what types of history should be cleared, click the Settings button
- Check the items that you want to be cleared automatically
- Click OK to close the Settings
- Close the page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
How to delete cookies?
- Click the Library button
- Click History
- Click “Show All History”
- Search for websites you want to remove from history via the Search History field
- Press Enter
- In the search results, right-click on the site you want to remove
- Select Forget About This Site
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete TikTok Account
- How to delete or deactivate your Instagram Account
- How to Permanently Delete your Twitter Account
- How to Permanently Delete Kik Account
- How Does Facial Recognition Work
- How to Delete Your OkCupid Account Permanently
- How to Fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Remove Exif and Metadata from Photos
- How to tell if Your Phone is hacked
- How to Uninstall Chromium
- How to Delete Facebook Messenger
- How to Delete Telegram Account
- How to Delete Tinder Account
- How To Close Your Amazon Account
- How to Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently