How to Open Ports for Overwatch Using Port Forwarding
Overwatch is a great game, and we love playing it. The only problem is that sometimes your connection to the game servers can be unreliable. Sometimes, that’s because of blocked ports.
A solution to this problem is to enable port forwarding for Overwatch. you can do that straight from your router, and in this guide I’ll show you how.
Ports Needed To Run Overwatch
Here are the ports that Overwatch uses, and which we are going to forward:
Ports To Forward On PC – Windows
Ports To Forward On PlayStation 4
Ports To Forward On Xbox One
How to Enable Overwatch Port Forwarding
Now we’re going to forward your ports. To do that, we go into the settings on your router. But first up, you’re going to need some extra details.Find and make a note of the following:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or console
- The ports that are used by Overwatch. These are in the list above, so you can copy them.
Now we forward the ports. The process for that is easy:
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser open on your PC or console, and paste you router’s IP into the address bar.
- You’ll now see your router’s settings menu. Find the port forwarding options.
- In the port forwarding menu, you’ll need the details you just collected.
- Enter your router’s IP address into the box
- And then copy your PC or console’s IP address into the other box.
- To finish up, enter the ports for Overwatch, which you can copy from above.
- Then restart your router, and your ports will be forwarded.
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
We made our port forwarding add-on to take the hassle out of port forwarding for all of your games, not just Overwatch. Using the add-on, you can block and unblock ports with just a few clicks.
That saves you having to mess around with your router’s settings, and gives you more time to play Overwatch!
Benefits of Using PureVPN Port Forwarding Add-On
The PureVPN port forwarding add-on also comes with some great additional benefits:
- It works with almost every device out there, so you can forward your ports from your phone or tablet.
- It will boost your torrenting speed, because port forwarding also improves P2P speeds.
- Lastly, it’s fully compatible with CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation)
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III