How To Open Ports For Fortnite Using Port Forwarding
Over the past couple of years, the world of online videos games is roaring with the hype of Epic Game’s most recent addition, Fortnite. Just a month or so after its launch, millions of players from across the planet started logging in, making it not only the biggest battle royale but also the most popular video game. Needless to mention, the trend seems to stay the same to this day.
However, with thousands of players playing Fornite online every day, reports linking to lag, high ping and other such issues have started to surface. Since we all share a special place for this incredible title, we have taken the time out to bring you a guide on how to deal with high pings, latencies and other online inconveniences by Fortnite Port Forwarding.
Ports To Forward On PC – Windows
Ports To Forward On Xbox One
Ports To Forward On PlayStation 4
How to Enable Fortnite Port Forwarding
At first, the process of opening Fortnite ports might seem like a complicated task, since not many people are aware of Port Forwarding and how it works.
But, don’t worry. Forwarding your desired ports is easy, and it can be done in a few simple steps. All you need to do is to tweak a couple of settings in your router and you are done.
That being said, here is the guide on how you can enable Fortnite port forwarding. But before we get on with it, here are some prerequisites that you need to take care of.
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- The TCP and UDP ports which need to be opened. (List provided above)
For those of you facing issues with the list mentioned above and confused as to where they can get such information, don’t worry. Head on over to our How to Forward Ports on your Router for Online Games page for more information.
With the information now available to you, let us get on with it. Follow the steps, and you will be able to play Fortnite without issues like lag, network delay or rubberbanding.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Enter your router’s IP address to access its settings.
- Go to port forwarding section
- In the corresponding fields, add your desired gaming platform’s IP address
- Adds the TCP and UDP Fortnite ports
- Restart the router
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
PureVPN’s all-new Port Forwarding Add-on does everything for you so that you don’t have to go through the task of changing different router settings. Plus, with the help of this new add-on, you have the ability to forward or open any UDP/TCP ports that strengthen your connection to the game’s server. And that just the tip of the iceberg.
Benefits of Using PureVPN Port Forwarding Add-On
Play for as long as you want without having to worry about lag, delay, and other such issues. With PureVPN’s Port Forwarding add-on, online gaming has never looked better. Here are some other benefits of using Port Forwarding add-on:
- Complete Portability. Access your PC from anywhere at any time
- Boost speeds of your peer-to-peer downloads
- Open UDP/TCP Ports from any device
- Get around CGNAT (Carrier Grade Natting)
- Open specific ports for boosting performance in online games
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III