How to Open Ports for Age of Empires III Using Port Forwarding
Age of Empires III is one of our favorite games, and the multiplayer modes are our favorite part of Age of Empires III. The only problem is that sometimes the connection to the game servers can be slow, buggy, or simply unreliable. You’ve probably had the same experience, and are wondering how to improve your connection.
There are various ways to fix it, but one of the easiest is to forward your ports for Age of Empires III. Enabling port forwarding will make your connection to the game servers more direct, more stable, and faster. It’s also straightforward to do, as we’re about to show you.
Ports To Forward On PC – Windows
How to Enable Age of Empires III Port Forwarding
Next, you’ll need to tell your router to forward these ports. To do that, you will also need a few extra pieces of information.
Before you begin, find and make a note of the following details:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or console
- The ports you want to forward. The ports that Age of Empires III uses are written above
You might not know how to find this information, but don’t be embarrassed, we’ve got you covered. Just go to our guide on How to Forward Ports on your Router for Online Games, and you’ll find everything you need to enable port forwarding for Age of Empires III or any other game.
Now you’ve got this information, it’s time to forward the ports. There are a number of steps to doing this:
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- On your PC or console, open a web browser window
- Paste your router’s IP address into the address bar, and hit enter
- This will take you to your router’s settings menu, so have a look around until your see ‘port forwarding’
- In this menu, you will need to enter the information you collected earlier
- Go ahead and put your PC’s IP address in the relevant box
- Next, put the ports for Age of Empires III into the other box
- And you should be done. Re-start your router, and the changes will take effect
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
Forwarding your ports for Age of Empires III is even easier using the PureVPN port forwarding add-on. Using this tool, you can do the whole process above in just a few clicks. This makes enabling port forwarding super fast.
So whether you are playing Age of Empires III or any other game, give the add-on a chance. Trust us, you won’t regret it.
Benefits of Using PureVPN Port Forwarding Add-On
Our port forwarding add-on will make forwarding your ports for Age of Empires III or any other game easy, but it will also give you some other advantages:
- It works on your phone and tablet (and other devices), so you can forward your ports with whatever device you have at hand.
- It will improve your download speed for torrents and other P2P systems.
- It will even let you enable CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation).
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III