How to Open Ports for Apex Legends on your Router
Apex Legends is an amazingly fun game, and even better when played online. Like most games, though, sometimes you will have problems with unstable or slow connections to the game’s servers. Don’t worry, we’re here to help with our guide on apex legends port forwarding. One of the easiest ways to make your connection better is to enable port forwarding for Apex Legends. That’s easy to do, and in this guide we’ll show you how.
Ports Needed To Run Apex Legends
To play the game, you need to forward some ports in your router as routers are not configured to Apex Legends game’s requirements. When it comes to gaming, forwarding ports is a helpful trick as it can bolster your network connection, making it more stable and faster.
Ports To Forward On PC – Windows
Ports To Forward On PlayStation 4
Ports To Forward On Xbox One
How to Forward Ports for Apex Legends
Port forwarding is easy and you’ll be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router’s IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion, you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
PureVPN’s all-new Port Forwarding Add-on does everything for you so that you don’t have to go through the task of changing different router settings. Plus, with the help of this new add-on, you have the ability to forward or open any UDP/TCP ports that strengthen your connection to the game’s server. And that just the tip of the iceberg.
Benefits of Using PureVPN Port Forwarding Add-On
Here are some other benefits of using the PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on:
- Opens or forwards any UDP/TCP ports from any device
- Ability to access your PC or laptop from anywhere
- Speed up your P2P downloads
- Use Port Forwarding to configure CGNAT (Carrier Grade Natting)
- Use Port Forwarding to open specific ports for online gaming
- Use Port Forwarding while connected to a VPN
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III
Frequently Asked Questions
What ports to forward for Apex Legends?
For Apex Legends, the ports that need to be forwarded are TCP: 80, 443, 9988 and UDP: 10777 – 11777. Plus, for a better experience while playing online you should also forward port 5223 (TCP & UDP). These ports will allow you to connect with other players and reduce lag while playing.
Is port forwarding used for gaming?
Yes, port forwarding is commonly used for online gaming as it helps to reduce lag and ensure a reliable connection with other players. By forwarding specific ports, your game console or PC will be able to connect more quickly and easily with the game server, improving your overall gaming experience.
How do I allow apex legends through my firewall?
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow a program or feature through windows firewall and then select Apex Legends from the list of programs. Make sure all the relevant ports are enabled for both Inbound/Outbound rules after that.
You may also need to check in other third-party firewalls if you’re using them. Once these changes have been made, Apex Legends should be able to run smoothly without any issues.
What is the difference between port forwarding and port triggering?
The main difference between port forwarding and port triggering is that port forwarding permanently assigns a single device to use a specific port for all incoming requests, while in port triggering the same device can use different ports at different times.