How to Open Ports for DOTA 2 Using Port Forwarding
DOTA 2 is an amazing game, only let down by the problems players sometimes experience with their connection to the game servers. An unreliable connection can make multiplayer games a frustrating experience, and (worse) can cost you the game.
There are some ways to make your connection to the DOTA 2 servers more reliable, though. One way is to enable port forwarding for DOTA 2. Forwarding your ports will make your connection faster and more stable, and isn’t too difficult to do. To help you, we’ve put together a guide on how to do it.
PORTS TO FORWARD FOR STEAM
How to Enable Dota 2 Port Forwarding
The basic process for enabling port forwarding for DOTA 2 is straightforward. You need to log in to your router, and tell it to forward the ports that the game uses.
In order to do that, though, you will need some pieces of information first. So first up, collect the following and make a note:
- Your router’s IP address.
- The IP address of your PC.
- The TCP and UDP ports for DOTA 2. Actually, you’ve already got those, they are in the list above.
Now we can forward our ports. If you’re having trouble finding the IP addresses you need, though, head over to our guide on How to Forward Ports on your Router for Online Games, There, we go through this process in more detail, and show you how to find these addresses.
Now we forward our ports, in the following way:
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Load a web browser on your PC or console.
- In the address bar, paste or type the IP address of your router. Hit go.
- Now you should see the configuration menu for your router. Every router is different, but somewhere in there you should see ‘port forwarding’.
- In the port forwarding menu, you’ll need to enter the information you’ve collected. So, put your console or PC’s IP address in the relevant box.
- Then add the ports you want to forward for DOTA 2.
- Hit apply, and then re-start your router.
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
PureVPN’s port forwarding add-on automates this process, so you can forward your ports for DOTA 2 or any other game.
This means you can forward your ports whenever you like, and don’t have to scrabble around looking for IP addresses and the numbers of the ports for DOTA 2.
Benefits of Using PureVPN Port Forwarding Add-On
We’ve made this tool ourselves, and it also comes with a range of other features.
- The port forwarding add-on will work with almost every device, so you can enable port forwarding for DOTA 2 from your phone or tablet.
- It will also boost the speed of your torrent and other P2P downloads.
- The add-on can even be used to enable and configure CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation).
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- WWE 2k18
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III