How to Open Ports for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Quick Guide)
Wondering how to port forward Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and kill your enemies quicker? In this step-by-step guide, you will learn:
- What is Port Forwarding?
- Port Numbers to Forward on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Open Ports for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Why do you even need to open ports for CS:GO?
What is Port Forwarding?
Port Forwarding is a way to direct traffic on your Wi-Fi network to a designated device, which is relatively difficult to do in general when you have 25 devices connected to the same network. Without port forwarding, certain games and apps cannot be used because the port isn’t open, which means outside traffic isn’t making it into the designated device.
By forwarding your port, you’re saying to the router, “hey, I want to play this game on my Xbox, and I need this port open on this specific machine. Let that device access these ports on my PC. Let me run a web server on this machine, so open these ports.” By doing so, you’ve basically set up the coolest network ever, giving you access to all the things you want without feeling that your router is holding you back.
Ports To Forward On Steam
Ports To Forward On PlayStation 3
Ports To Forward On Xbox 360
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Open Ports for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
To forward a port, you have to know the IP address of your router, the IP address of your gaming device, and TCP or UDP port number.
Once you know that, follow the steps below:
- On your web browser, enter the IP address of the router.
- Enter the admin credentials (the configuration page may differ based on the brand you are using).
- Search for the Port Forwarding or Forwarding section.
- Click on Configure Port Forwarding.
- Enter the name X or any other name of your choice.
- Type the TCP and UDP port numbers.
- Choose or Type your device’s IP address.
- Click OK and you are done.
How to check the IP address on your Router: If you don’t know how to check the IP address of your router from your PC, phone, or tablet, then do this:
- Type Control Panel from the search bar
- Click and open the Control Panel
- On the Network and Internet category, choose “View network status and tasks”
- Click the name of your internet connection
- Now choose Ethernet Details
- The IPV4 Default Gateway is your router’s IP address
Why Do I Even Need to Open Ports for CS:GO?
Port forwarding games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive can make your internet connection stable and help you perform faster than the other players. FPS games can load faster if you open ports and allow an incoming connection directly to connect to your IP address. To make a long story short, opening ports can help you get rid of game lags. Plus, port forwarding can enhance security on your unprotected network connection. Try Port Forwarding add-on with PureVPN now!
PureVPN: The Best VPN for Gaming
Even if you are following the guide above and know how to open ports, always protect your network from hackers and malware attacks. To do that, use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to add an extra layer of security and hide your IP address from ISPs, surveillance agencies, and hackers. Use PureVPN whenever you open ports to maintain a secure network.
Here are four benefits of using PureVPN.
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III