How to Open Ports for Dead by Daylight Using Port Forwarding
Dead by Daylight is a survival horror video game developed by Behaviour Interactive. The game offers intense gameplay where there is one player versus four online multiplayer individuals. The individual player takes on the role of a savage killer, and the other four players play as survivors.
The four survivors cannot fight against the killer and can only survive by running away and dodging the killer. The survivors can choose a number of obstacles such as wooden pallets, windows, and items that they either find inside chests or bring before the match starts to run from the killer for as long as they can. You can enjoy the online gameplay by adjusting some port forwarding settings on your router.
Ports Needed to Play Dead by Daylight
To play Dead by Daylight’s online gameplay without any interruptions, you’ll need to configure port forwarding by forwarding the game’s TCP and UDP ports on your router. Port forwarding is a proven hack for an uninterrupted online gaming experience. Once you’ve configured port forwarding, you gain instant access to the game’s online servers.
Ports to Forward on PC – Steam
Ports to Forward on PlayStation 4
Ports to Forward on Xbox One
Ports to Forward on Switch
How to Forward Ports on Dead by Daylight
Forwarding the TCP and UDP ports to play Dead by Daylight in multiplayer mode is a simple process. Before you begin configuring your router, ensure that you have the following information by your side:
- You need to know the IP address of your router.
- You need to have the IP address of your console device.
- You need to know the TCP and UDP port numbersof Dead by Daylight for your gaming device.
Once you have these details, you can now enable port forwarding on Dead by Daylight via your router:
- Type your router’s IP address in the URL bar of your preferred browser.
- Log in with the admin credentials of your router to access the settings.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section of your router.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming console in the right box.
- In the boxes, add the TCP and UDP ports of Dead by Daylight.
- Once done, simply restart your router.
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Convenient and Secure Way to Open All Ports
Online gamers are familiar with port forwarding as it gives them an edge over other players. Since most routers aren’t configured to a game’s optimal settings, you need to configure it yourself. If you’re not up for the manual configuring task, you can get the PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-On that will take care of your port forwarding needs as you will not have to navigate to the router to do it yourself.
PureVPN’s port forwarding add-on makes your life easier as you don’t have to manually configure the TCP and UDP ports on your router. The process is simple: subscribe to a PureVPN plan and get the port forwarding add-on. Connect to the app and you’re all set. You no longer have to worry about port forwarding for any games as PureVPN takes care of that for you.
Benefits of Using PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-On
Configuring ports on a router is a somewhat technical process that may be confusing for many. By connecting with PureVPN’s Port Forwarding add-on, you gain instant access to any game’s online multiplayer mode. This saves your time and hassle of configuring ports on your router manually. Additional benefits of using PureVPN’s Port Forwarding add-on are:
- Improved P2P upload and download speeds and file-sharing capabilities.
- Gain instant access to your home or office devices from any corner of the globe.
- Swiftly open TCP and UDP ports on your device.
- Avoid CGNAT (Carrier-grade NAT).
- Use PureVPN and PureVPN’s Port Forwarding add-on simultaneously.
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- WWE 2k18
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III